Legendary Catcher draft picks - Nope on my part!!!

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Tempting as this may be I think I'll be happy with my 365 JT and his .425 average from here on. Spent too much all season long chasing a catcher and outside the draft boxes only two have been offered in WOH that I can remember with one of them being Molina during the "80% hittable" Diaz days and the other Posada this past Wednesday that eluded me with even 12 shots at it.

Nice strategy by GLU though so hats off to them. Make a good player from a certain position so rare to get so that players will spend extra trying to get him and if they get lucky enough with the given odds then they'll need to spend as much, if not more, getting resources to level him up. 

Thanks but no thanks.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Lol @Houmy I've been studying that draft pick since yesterday and Carter is the only legend to show along with two versions of Prime Posey... I'm not spending the 600 to find out if there's any more, but guys like Posada and Fisk have NEVER shown up in any draft pick or box except when Fisk was an early Legend box offer... at least from what I recall.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yeah Posada never showed up in any boxes and Carter is the only legend I remember showing up. Signature Molina was offered a few times but with the low odds I never went for it.

I think I need more patience and should wait for those world series and signature legend guys to show up and then see if juju or lady luck will be on our side ;) and/or hope that woh can give us another crack at someone able to improve the catcher (and also 2b for me) positions.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I think I also remember a legend catcher offered in the weekend fan event for those 30k gold, johnny bench I think it was
    I guess I should also have more patience and save up that 30k and wait for mr. Posada to maybe show up there... I really want a switch hitter for the last 3 rounds of woh and I need/want an upgrade in both catcher and 2b so that's what I'll be chasing.
    I already have prime Realmuto with 430 max and right handed skill, but if they offer the same legend Posada from the WOH box at some point in the 30k gold fan event, I would be tempted. He is a monster for WOH games.
    I cycled twice the WOH that day but wasn't lucky enough to get him.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I would jump at that in a heartbeat @tocopan18. Missing out on Posada still stings. I've heard that the pain will eventually subside, but I'm not so sure....
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    :D
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Don’t take the glu cheese.
    edited October 2018
    @DFBB the pain will never go away. I still have some pain lingering from 17 and 12+ shots at the Dale Murphy box. Posada will be the 18 pain for me that will go into 19 if I even play that which is highly debatable if they keep them at bronze picks or introduce the rookie picks. Lost revenue for GLU on my behalf though with the 12 cycles and no Posada as I already bought one of the VIP power packs that gave you 14K gold and 41K LXP in one week before and was ready to fire off another one mainly for the LXP for Posada but no need for that any longer.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

It's funny how we all have players that left us cursing.  For me it was Ted Williams.  Blew so much gold, and spent $70, chasing him over the course of a full weekend.  Didn't get him.  I think I'm like 0-40 on legend boxes this year.

But in walkoff, I've pulled several signature primes (including Puig and Muncy who may get another boost soon) and pulled Posada on Wednesday.  So my luck is turning. 

@Metsicans TW has special meaning for me as well. He was my first WOH cycle in 17 and also our club name so even sweeter to get him back then.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Metsicans said:

It's funny how we all have players that left us cursing.  For me it was Ted Williams.  Blew so much gold, and spent $70, chasing him over the course of a full weekend.  Didn't get him.  I think I'm like 0-40 on legend boxes this year.

Funny, I just mentioned in another thread how I spent 30k to get Gaylord Perry a few weeks back. Bought like 10 Ruth boxes (or was it Mantle, maybe?) and just got a bunch of XP. Didn't realize the odds were 2 / 100 and not 2 / 10 haha. I was so pissed. And then, very next day I pulled Willie Mays out of a single box I got from a CvC MVP.
    Well being the sucker that I am I just solved my catcher problem and now my roster is complete. He was actually my favorite catcher in 17 before I got silver slugger Sanchez and one box is all it took this time.

• ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @Houmy — Mission accomplished or time to go Platinum?
    @Thumbsters I'm already out of EVO and down to 80k pxp so I'm afraid no platinum for me this year. I'm at 115K team strength already and that's before Muncy & Maedea going to 470 and Puig been leveled up so I'm happy with where I'm at this year. Would cost too much $$$ going platinum now. 

@ Houma — Is your 2018 team better (team strength) than 2017?
    @Thumbsters it is stronger as of today. Still love my 17 team more though. 

@Sandpipers @dfbb I just found out why Jobu wasn't helping us out with Posada. He was busy cycling for himself. 

@Houmy nice, thanks for sharing

my 2018 team strength is far greater than 2017...but I made sure not to place any emphasis on leveling up the team according to silver, gold, platinum tiers etc., but rather emphasize developing the individual players on the team. That is how they structured the game this year and those that followed the structure have reaped the rewards.
    @Thumbsters you did the smart thing. I've seen so many in my club leveling up too fast without having the resources to bring their players to their level and now they're paying for it.

Too funny @Houmy :smiley:
    @Sandpipers what are the odds of one starting a random match and coming across that after all the discussions we had about it? It's like Jobu giving me the middle finger and then some.

edited October 2018
    @Houmy I saw "my" signature being used as a reply to a posting earlier as well, maybe we've been inspiring some people hehe... I say "my" coz I got it off something years and years ago, just can't remember where it was from, a movie probably 
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I couldn't help myself and hit the box but just once.  Got Prime Posey, so while not Carter I am way better off with Posey than I was with 5* El Oso Blanco...
    @Sandpipers yeah I saw that post and was trying to look at what you posted thinking that was your signature :D