WoH for 10-22-18!

Comments

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Snell at 120 won't pitch to my legend at 230... sigh
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2018
    MacGruber said:
    Snell at 120 won't pitch to my legend at 230... sigh

Silver I take it? I can't get past Cole (80) on lvl 4 with Trout (189) who's skill is vs. RHP...
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I manual played from 4.2 on just to get out of the vortex between there and 4.6. After 4.7 things seem to get back to normal and I got to Price. .. unfortunately he got me first so I'll be trying again hehe
    It's all done with mirrors
    Lost to 80 rated Cole about 6 or 8 times in a row with 189 rated Mike Trout and finally got frustrated and spent gold on a restart...

Homerun on first pitch.

I'd imagine this is what hiring a prostitute feels like...
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY I was stubborn and refused to use even my free restart on Severino at 5.7  I lost so many times that i finally caved and used the restart.  Hit a homerun in the next at bat. 
    First time EVER that I've had this happen in WOH - got a big looping curve and it was called a BALL!!!!
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    First time EVER that I've had this happen in WOH - got a big looping curve and it was called a BALL!!!!

I also hit a curve for a homerun at 5.9 or 5.10, which is another thing i don't ever remember doing before. 
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Just spent over 1200 fold trying to beat price. I have maxed gold ernie. Did t even come close... pisses you off sometimes 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Two cycles in what little time I have today and Corbin both times. Hoping to hit JD on the next one.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Just beat it, got bagwell. Guess I can't complain with 2.4k lxp!
  • forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    why don't they make a skill for the curve since they don't want to fix it
    I hit a double off a looping curve fir tge first time.... what irritates me equally as the 9 consecutive unhittable curves is the fact that 95% of them are clearly out of the strike zone, like when you decide to swing at the exact same curve pitch and the bat can't even reach the ball it's so far away
    Now that I'm on the last level I have gotten beat by Price like 8 times. Zero issues getting to him, just beating him has been the problem (5 run cushion is hard to overcome), so I haven't bothered to use more than just the video restart. 

Also, is it sad I only want to beat it so I can start over and get more Prime XP (don't care about the rewards/players)?
    I'm 0-6 on Price, most I scored were 2 runs, solo homers, the rest just like hitting with a shattered bamboo stick... even when I do get the rare 97 mph fastball, 97% are garbage to midfield
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve beaten him twice with Ernie Banks with 40 gold boost in 6 attempts, got Corbin both times so far.
    @redlegs2018u same here. Cycled twice with Banks and Corbin. About to head home now so hopefully I can get a couple more cycles. 

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Was able to grab JD just now @Houmy.  Had errands and appointments today so glad it’s been relatively painless (3 for 8 vs Price)
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    cycled twice and got Corbin first and JD the second time. Now I have two 470 signatures (JD and Muncy) so whoever wins the WS i'm happy. Both have same good skill for 5.10. 
    Welk 4 times for me and 2xcorbin with 2xharper so far. Got one more in me perhaps 

Alright so I had two more in me and finally got him on the 6th try which is the best outcome I could hope for today. And now time to charge the phone that's at 14%

edited October 2018
    I wish it would just let me win once haha. I have Willie Mays maxed out and three other 435-450 players maxed out and just can’t do it.
    Wasn't in the cards for me today either...just everything went badly... I finally autoplayed reggie at 5.9 and he actually won lol but by then there was no time left. Beyond everything that could go wrong, I'm kinda shocked at the poor performance out of reggie...dribbling grounder after grounder against kimbrel 101mph fastball. Maybe my chances were there sometimes and I choked but man, just the sheer number of extra innings I went through round after round made me feel it was mostly something else going on. Anyway, I definitely need a high end righty now... 4 lefties in row is a bit tuff to juggle lol.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Ended up with 4 cycles and only missing on JD.  Went weeks without getting a legend and it’s now happened 3 times in a row.  Game is weird 
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Finally cycled with 10 minutes left... was a rough day for me
    Sorry to hear @Sandpipers. Hopefully it's just a bad run and will improve by Wednesday buddy.

@Houmy Thank you brother :)
    The good thing is I spent almost no gold, so there's that hehe
    Btw has anyone's signature Dodgers gone up to 470 yet? Mine are still at 460 same as my Maeda was stuck at 450 before and I had to start a ticket for it.

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Btw has anyone's signature Dodgers gone up to 470 yet? Mine are still at 460 same as my Maeda was stuck at 450 before and I had to start a ticket for it.
    Nope....Still sitting at 460 for me too.  
    My signature Dodgers are still 460...but sig JD Martinez is 470. 
    I guess they haven't updated them yet and it makes no sense as they have the Signature Dodgers box available now and it would sell better if they showed 470 IMO.