Diamond Walkoff

2Next

Comments

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @LudwigMonster the reason I was asking is that they may be lower strength than you but pretty much at the top for their tier. What is your team strength if you don't mind me asking?
    Not at all, bro.

I’m just over 10k.
    75,000 cash, 500 gold and 25,000 xp just to level up a player from Diamond Lvl 1 to 2. My lord...

• jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @Bigpredfan that's a slick strategy. I have one similar, but I use my cash for WOH instead of tournaments. I'm hijacking the tournament idea and that should get me a ton more resources.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I may try @Bigpredfan's strategy with my 17 team.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    @bigvivec I know my team is weak for my division and I’m losing out on nice legends and primes, but I have what I wanted. A stopping point. 

Mondays I have a stopping point to force me to do other things now. Same with Wednesday’s when I play all my cash for tournaments. And again on Thursday when I use all my bonus games. 

I coupd cycle when I was gold, but it was more frustrating than fun, and all I wanted to do those days was play all day long. Now I’ve broken that habit at least. 

To each their own. 
    I hear you;  I've been forcing myself to put "real" life first as well sometimes when its a 50/50.  That the pull to play and not miss a moment is so strong can be worrying.  I limit myself to a certain amount of time and take it on the head if I can't play at all on a given day....can't have everything.

Fuuugh.... so it looks like I'll have to spend another $1,000.00 on XP just to compete in WoH (someday).
    ***sigh***
    More sane people would just stop playing the game at this point. I never should've went to Diamond. This sucks. I mean really... what's the benefit of leveling up to Diamond? Other than you get to spend even more money on the game, just to get worse results? Not happy.

Every week I run through diamond 6 and get 7500 gold. 
    Could you elaborate on this? I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean. How exactly are you getting that amount of gold weekly?
    edited October 2018
    @LudwigMonster once you complete level 6 you keep cycling it as that is the last level so once you play an x amount of games and get to the playoffs you get the prizes for that level again and so on. 

It is actually a good idea for me and my 17 team and I will try that especially since I believe bonus tickets for cash are still cheap in 17. @Bigpredfan how much cash is it for bonus tickets in 18 now? I haven't run out of tickets yet so I haven't bought any.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Wait... you can win gold from tournaments? I usually get an energy drink or like 4000 blue cash haha.
    @JEDDDOGGY not tournaments. We are referring to the end of tier playoffs where you move up to the next tier. (Diamond 1 => Diamond 2 etc..)

edited October 2018
    Houmy said:
    @JEDDDOGGY not tournaments. We are referring to the end of tier playoffs where you move up to the next tier. (Diamond 1 => Diamond 2 etc..)

Ahhhh okay. But then that is a finite thing then- you can move up but eventually there will be no more tiers to be had and thus no more gold?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Houmy said:

Ahhhh okay. But then that is a finite thing then- you can move up but eventually there will be no more tiers to be had and thus no more gold?

No.  If you beat Diamond 6, it starts you at Diamond 6 all over again.  You can keep cycling Diamond 6 forever, getting 7500 gold each time. 
    @JEDDDOGGY as @Metsicans pointed out you go back to the beginning of Diamond 6 and can cycle it over and over again to get the prizes at the end of the level. If you follow @Bigpredfan's strategy you should have enough cash and bonus tickets to keep doing it.

@Metsicans @Houmy

Whoa.... maybe I am missing something here. How many games does it take to "cycle" it? This guy says he can do it once a week with the amount of time and resources he is able to acquire.

Honestly, most of the enjoyment I have gotten out of this game is buying / opening boxes haha. The WOH and Slugfest events seem utterly impossible to win for me (and I have a murderers row of hitters compared to people who are able to cycle with ease, so I must just suck horrendously at the game itself, I suppose).

If I could get to Diamond and just get a bunch of gold to spend, I'd be able to love this game again.

edited October 2018
    @JEDDDOGGY not sure how many games are needed to cycle Diamond 6 so @Bigpredfan could probably answer that for you. Cycling WOH in diamond is going to be real tough if your top 4 aren't maxed 430+ batters. 

@Houmy my top 4 for WOH right now are 510, 450, 435, 435 all fully maxed (I'm on Silver tier currently, though) and cannot beat WOH anyway. I get zero enjoyment out of the event- hammering my phone screen for 12 hours only to lose. 

I do like playing the game and can do that in the tournaments/bonus games/CvC. I'd forget all about WOH just like I did Slugfest if I can get to Diamond tier and do what you guys are saying.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy my top 4 for WOH right now are 510, 450, 435, 435 all fully maxed (I'm on Silver tier currently, though) and cannot beat WOH anyway. I get zero enjoyment out of the event- hammering my phone screen for 12 hours only to lose. 

I do like playing the game and can do that in the tournaments/bonus games/CvC. I'd forget all about WOH just like I did Slugfest if I can get to Diamond tier and do what you guys are saying.

If those are your top hitters, you have enough to be cycling WOH as long as the rest of our guys are solid too.  I cycle it every week and, until last week when I got Posada and my Dodgers signature primes got the boost, my best hitter was a max 455 guy.  Others are going to totally disagree with this, but I found cycling easier at gold.  If you have the resources, you might consider going gold and maxing your hitters immediately (wait on pitchers and sluggers).

Be warned, though, going gold requires so much more in resources than idling in silver does.  The game becomes a quest for lxp and pxp as much as anything.  And slugfest gets really tough, in part because of the pxp and lxp cost of leveling your sluggers.

JEDDDOGGY, you need to conserve tons of resources before going gold.  At a minimum with your roster you're going to need 500K prime xp, 200K legend xp, and at least 500K blue xp.  Then you're going to need a bunch of gold (a few thousand?) and evo (600+) too.  I would not think about going gold yet.   

I would think about beating at least the first 5 levels of slugfest for the prime xp, and finding a diamond club for CvC (4k prime xp per win). 

Metsicans said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

If those are your top hitters, you have enough to be cycling WOH as long as the rest of our guys are solid too.  I cycle it every week and, until last week when I got Posada and my Dodgers signature primes got the boost, my best hitter was a max 455 guy.  Others are going to totally disagree with this, but I found cycling easier at gold.  If you have the resources, you might consider going gold and maxing your hitters immediately (wait on pitchers and sluggers).

Be warned, though, going gold requires so much more in resources than idling in silver does.  The game becomes a quest for lxp and pxp as much as anything.  And slugfest gets really tough, in part because of the pxp and lxp cost of leveling your sluggers.

I only have 32k blue xp, 15k prime xp and 5k legend xp (and I have two legends and several primes). No way near going gold at the moment. 

Slugfest is all but forgotten for me. I haven't played in weeks. It's just as frustrating as WOH (and the repetitiveness of it bores me to pieces).

I have no idea why I can't beat WOH with the hitters I have. I literally played all day yesterday and didn't beat it once (which is my usual experience). I must be doing something wrong haha!
    Now I’m totally confused. Playoffs, cycling, Diamond 6. Huh? Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Well I missed a lot while teaching this morning!  

Diamond 6 is 1000 division wins (tournaments and bonus games). Since I win 93% of these I can do it fairly easily every week.  Winning as often as I do, I can get about 140 division wins from 100 bonus games as those are given out as rewards at the end of bonus games too. 

@Houmy it is 5,000 cash for a bonus game, although I haven’t done that in a long time. 

Here is how im doing it. 

Tournaments cost 30,000 blue cash. I win almost all of those and the end reward has about a 60% chance of 10,11, or 12 bonus games. Other options are stupid franchise coins at about 27% and 3 ice wraps at about 16%. I get 4 division wins for winning a tournament and then stack up bonus games. 

So I normally can play about 60-65 tournaments on Wednesday and that gets me about 200 division wins right there. Then I’m stacking up the bonus games and can get to around 500 of those weekly. Then Thursday I go bananas and play as much as possible. Beat diamond 6 (astros) and then start the process all over. Bonus games give back a lot of cash and then 250,000 for beating the playoffs. Gloves go to loyalty boxes for more cash. 

The cycle just doesnt end.  I saved a lot of players who are 350+ blue XP guys to make this possible as I can get that a lot easier. 

Hitters are 1 legend and 2 primes.- rest are blue XP
    Pitchers are only 1 prime.- rest are blue XP

did I miss anyone’s question?
    Now I’m totally confused. Playoffs, cycling, Diamond 6. Huh? Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

What we're saying is that the last level in the game, the Diamond Level 6 division, s repeatable. So you can "finish" the game, receive 7500 gold.  Instead of the game ending, it resets you back to 0 wins in the Diamond Level 6 division.  Win 1000 games, win the playoffs, and that is another 7500 gold.  Rinse, repeat. 
    @Bigpredfan

Awesome, thanks for the rundown! So what are you buying with the gold (if you don't mind me asking)? Not sure if that ties in too, as in you're spending the gold in some way that helps you cycle it?
    edited October 2018
    Thanks a bunch @Bigpredfan, it's much appreciated.
    You've given me a glimmer of hope in that maybe I didn't completely ruin my team (and efforts) by going up to Diamond.

So there's no Diamond Level 7? It just ends/restarts at 6?
    Does that mean your players max out at Diamond Level 6 as well? or do they go up to the standard 10?
    What level are the majority of your players from your starting lineup?
    edited October 2018
    Thanks a bunch @Bigpredfan, it's much appreciated.
    You've given me a glimmer of hope in that maybe I didn't completely ruin my team (and efforts) by going up to Diamond.

So there's no Diamond Level 7? It just ends/restarts at 6?
    Does that mean your players max out at Diamond Level 6 as well? or do they go up to the standard 10?
    What level are the majority of your players from your starting lineup?
    All the tiers for the divisions end at 6, but the players go up to 10. The majority of my players are at diamond 1. I have 425 all-star Freeman at diamond 3 and that is who I’ll be working on for now. The team strength is about 115K

@jedddoggy the gold normally gets spent on the blue XP boxes that has been popping up on the weekends here lately. Some to VIP legend XP for my one legend and this week I saved some for a game changer. Those are a lot of fun on Thursday when you play that event as much as I do. Saved enough XP to get a game changer to gold 10. 
    Great info @Bigpredfan.

I'm about to start the playoffs for Diamond 1.
    I only have one player @ Diamond Level (1) at the moment but most of my other starters are mid to high Platinums. Would you recommend I wait until those players are built up more before I make a run at Diamond Level 2?

And do you have a strategy as to when the right time is for advancing to the next level of Diamond?
    Just curious.

Thanks again!

Great info @Bigpredfan.

I only have one player @ Diamond Level (1) at the moment but most of my other starters are mid to high Platinums. Would you recommend I wait until those players are built up more before I make a run at Diamond Level 2?

And do you have a strategy as to when the right time is for advancing to the next level of Diamond?
    Just curious.

Thanks again!

It won’t make a difference now. Play away. Nothing in the game will get harder for you by progressing upwards as you will still be in the diamond tier 
    Great info @Bigpredfan.

Just curious.

Thanks again!

It won’t make a difference now. Play away. Nothing in the game will get harder for you by progressing upwards as you will still be in the diamond tier 
    Music to my ears. Game on.
  • forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    got to 5 10 with platinum nothing but platinum guys. if I can get whitt up to diamond I could have got it done