Legends

mounties2mounties2 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
ok my team strength is 85k+ n have 1 legend.. A guy in my club has eddie mathews n just pulled sutcliffe yesterday.. do you guys have a lot of legends if so were they girts or gold
Prev1

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I have three legends, team strength of 111k.  Got Posada in WOH, but my first legend -- the guy that won me WOH for several weeks before I got Posada -- was Ken Griffey.  Spent 30k gold for him in a fan reward weekend. 

I also got Roy Oswalt from a legendary draft pick yesterday (free gift), but I doubt I'm going to waste the lxp on him.  He's not as good as my Signature Kluber who is already fully leveled. 

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    4 of them here with team strength at 115K gold tier. One of them, Edmonds, is only gold 2 though and is on inactive. Actually playing against a team that has Sutcliffe and he gave up 8 runs in 2 innings but I am sure he isn't leveled high enough to be of much help.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    All but one of my legends were from fan rewards or WOH.   Only one I got lucky from a box was Boggs
    @Metsicans our strengths are pretty comparable. Interested in a friendly match? 91braves91

@Mattattack I would have loved to pull Boggs. Despite the fact that he was with the Yankees in 96 when they won the WS against us :#

• midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    I spent on my first legend (18K gold for Reggie Jackson), who helped me land several more through WOH - Knoblauch, Posada, Edmonds, Bagwell. Also pulled Boog from a legends pick (gift) but traded him in for LXP. It's so hard to get LXP most of those are on my bench. Gold team strength just a hair under 100K... could probably add another 10K pretty easily if I cared to level all the prime pitchers on my bench instead of leveling marginally better prime batters every other week :/
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    You don't need legends to have a higher team strength (though it helps). Having most positions covered with high rank players (like primes, signature primes, those 420-430 non-prime), as leveled up as your tier allows is good enough. Of course, going to higher tiers and leveling them up even more will increase team strength more. Legends help increase that number also because their ratings are higher than "most" of the previously mentioned players, but they are not a MUST. 
    Having said that, my team strength is 93k in silver and these are the legends i've got one way or another:
    - Babe from WOH but just in silver 3 now
    - Banks from last month's (or before) gift boxes, he is in silver 9
    - Edmonds from WOH a few weeks back, silver 10
    - Bernie and Griffey from fan rewards, both silver 10
    - Clark from fan rewards, bronze 9
    - Dock Ellis from fan rewards, silver 6
    - I had chuck Knoblauch from a WOH box last month, went to silver 3 but traded him yesterday to get some xp for Babe.

Maybe Griffey going away soon to use that legend xp for Babe too now that he went to inactive, not sure yet.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Legend XP is one of the main things that is going to hold me back from going to Gold tier.

Of the players that I actually use, I have 10 regular guys, 8 primes and 2 legends. By my calculations I need 1.6 million cash, 4000 gold, 400 evo, 251k blue XP, 572k prime XP and 143k legend XP.

Of course the prime XP is going to be a huge problem too, but I find it easier to get than legend XP unless I just want to chuck a bunch of gold at legend XP boxes. 500 gold times a couple hundred boxes = no go.

I'm probably stuck in Silver for a long, long time and am getting to the point already where I can't win bonus games because I'm matched against Gold teams.

I have no clue how anyone goes Diamond, let alone Platinum.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I hear ya. I won't go to gold either for the same reasons. And yes, bonus games I barely win 50% if that much at all, even vs teams with 20k-40k strength below mine.
    @JEDDDOGGY you'll need more than 572 PXP if you want to max the primes at about 100K each. Not maxing at least the 4 best ones would make WOH harder to cycle.

edited October 2018
    @Houmy the chart I had seen yesterday had that number at 71,500 PXP to go from Silver 10 to Gold 10, so that's how I came up with my number - 71,500 x 8 guys

Maybe the chart wasn't accurate or I was looking at it wrong?

EDIT: It looks like it's almost *exactly* 100k PXP to go from Silver 1 to Gold 10, so is that your number? I'm going from Silver 10 to Gold 10, so might be a little more forgiving.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited October 2018
    What's a legend?....(perhaps someday) Funny I have 2 accounts one on my iPad I refuse to spend a cent on...I have Ernie Banks and some Great Players Not quite as high yet as my paid for (if you will) team but still...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

@JEDDDOGGY yes sorry. I stand corrected as I didn't figure that you already have them maxed in silver which is the other 28K I was referring to.

Houmy said:
    @Mattattack I would have loved to pull Boggs. Despite the fact that he was with the Yankees in 96 when they won the WS against us :#

Couldn't believe I pulled him when I did.  I think it was my 6th or 7th box.  Also went hard after Babe and Mantle before and came up empty so luck finally broke my way.  Although I do now have Babe after yesterday.
    @Houmy ok, yep! We're on the same page.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy the chart I had seen yesterday had that number at 71,500 PXP to go from Silver 10 to Gold 10, so that's how I came up with my number - 71,500 x 8 guys

Maybe the chart wasn't accurate or I was looking at it wrong?

EDIT: It looks like it's almost *exactly* 100k PXP to go from Silver 1 to Gold 10, so is that your number? I'm going from Silver 10 to Gold 10, so might be a little more forgiving.
    Yea to cycle you really only need 3 or 4 guys to carry you.  I was really trying to do that but then I pulled Babe and how can you not level babe.  Oh well it will probably be close to 2019 until it finally happens
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    If I may? how many of you all are VIP's This year?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Houmy said:
    @Metsicans our strengths are pretty comparable. Interested in a friendly match? 91braves91

We're live at Houmy Park for this one.  0-0 after the top of the first. 
    LOL all good. Gotta take care of some work for a bit but will get to it soon buddy.

Damn. Hit into a line out dp trying to steal 2nd @Metsicans

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I hear lots of guys talking autoplaying woh until the last 3-4 rounds of level 5 and other comments of only needing 3-4 top guys to cycle. Does that mean people are routinely reusing the same top guys in each level to autoplay thru? I can almost never autoplay the round 6 pitchers on any level except 1. After round 6, I typically manual play the rest of the way, partly because it's a crap shoot if autoplay will be successful and partly I don't want to waste the gold. This scenario hasn't changed despite having significant upgrades over the last several weeks.

It's all done with mirrors
    @Sandpipers typically the first 5 autoplay with little resistance for me, and then the 6th one I usually have a 50/50 shot with, so I'll often start playing there. 

PS, the Blue Hammer, love the created legend name haha.
    @Sandpipers that lineup should be able to autoplay at least through 5.4 so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. I usually autoplay the 1st 7 in levels 1-4 (don't want to waste gold on X.8 & X.9) and then the first 5 on level 5. It definitely speeds things up and allows for more cycles. 

edited October 2018

@Sandpipers  

I think the last 3 on Level 4 and the last 4 on Level 5 is where you would see the biggest ratings increase because those are the specialty pitchers.  So I think you can take down the rest with low gold or even maxed silver legends if you are doing GOLD WOH.

Autoplaying round 6 can be a challenge on any level.  Especially that Sevy on 5.6.   I use that same Reggie Jackson on Sevy that you have yesterday and still probably was only 60-70% guaranteed.  Even other Round 6 guys like Cole, Olsen and Roark can trip up my legends.  I think its just built in RNG at that point but who knows. 

Thanks guys, that helps, looks like I'm where I should be other than maybe some more patience and pitch selection. The first time thru usually goes fairly smoothly with the odd hiccup like Hendricks defeating reggie like 4 times yesterday. But the 2nd and subsequent efforts to cycle becomes hell... both Severinos and Cole to a lesser degree gave me fits. I got back to Max I think 5 more times but best I could do was 4-5, and to get there I had to use Reggie on two occasions to get by prime severino at 5.9 coz Bagwell hit a brick wall after getting thru easily the first time. Correa once leveled up ought to help. Btw, I've also really noticed the lefty vs righty thing has become more critical than before but with sevy at 5.6 I was switching back and forth between yelich and trout with RHP skill to get thru... just weird stuff like that gets frustrating after 15 to 20 times trying to get back.
    Lol @JEDDDOGGY I'm not even sure how that name popped into my head... maybe I had just watched Thor or something hehe
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They're not all leveled up, but here's a screenshot of all my legends. Chucky was my very first legend (fan reward) and even though I don't use him in WoH, I'll keep him for nostalgia. He won several WoH for me and well, I'm a sentimental dude. Mantle is the truth and was an absolute game changer for me. Hopefully, I'll be saying the same thing about the Babe!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Dam. I have zero legends and only one prime with skills and i cycle with Whit Merrifield as my best hitter. 
    Dam. I have zero legends and only one prime with skills and i cycle with Whit Merrifield as my best hitter. 

That is crazy.  I wouldn't have thought cycling was possible with that lineup.  Congrats.  I have Merrifield too, he's like my 7th or 8th guy in WOH.  But his skill is useless on Wednesdays (RHPs up and down Level 5) and I don't have his pennants maxed (I have only one Royal), so he's not that effective after 5.5. 
    Merrifield kills it for me too. He's my 7th guy, doubt I could cycle if he was my top dog though.