For those of you who wish to buy legend boxes... heed my warning

TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
So being the stupid guy I am, I decided to blow 30k right before the week of Trophy primes (Smart, right?). Anyways, I spend it all on Legend boxes (huge KB fan) and guess what I got in return?
That's right. Nothing. Went a hot 0-16 with my best player being the Stringbean Slinger. I think I got 4 players, three of which were buster posey. Anyways, I don't have anyone but myself to blame and at least I got a shiny new Johnny Pesky as a consolation prize, but I'm still mad. I will be watching a ton of videos this week to attempt at any chance at the WS boxes. But long story short, the legend boxes are a scam. Don't buy them.
Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL

Comments

• KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I’ve won cvc mvp 32 times in a row and I haven’t got Schmidt once. Some ppl open one and get him. Someone opened both their Sig Ramirez boxes the other day and got him both times. It’s crazy it’s unexplainable but it’s why we play the game. If everybody got the player it wouldn’t feel so good when you got him. Who you gonna brag to? That shaking box and getting the player it’s exciting. Pesky should be a beast tho. Especially with so much of this game being WOH and the accumulation of players and resources. Tap on brother you got a lefty legend with RHP skill that’s what everyone is after right now.

-Stretch
  • mitchdavenport4mitchdavenport4 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I've had pretty much the same results as you.  Slinger, 2x Posey, evo...
    but with a 3.5% probability of pulling a legend player you only have 43% of successfully doing so in 16 attempts
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I’ve won cvc mvp 32 times in a row and I haven’t got Schmidt once. Some ppl open one and get him. Someone opened both their Sig Ramirez boxes the other day and got him both times. It’s crazy it’s unexplainable but it’s why we play the game. If everybody got the player it wouldn’t feel so good when you got him. Who you gonna brag to? That shaking box and getting the player it’s exciting. Pesky should be a beast tho. Especially with so much of this game being WOH and the accumulation of players and resources. Tap on brother you got a lefty legend with RHP skill that’s what everyone is after right now.

-Stretch
    What's up Kevin! I saw your post about the Schmidt boxes on FB. I'm glad you understand that the game isn't always kind and RNG can be unfair. I've had my fair share of bad luck and lately, things have really gone my way. I'm glad you realize that it's just a matter of time before you get yours! To your point, I have no plans to level Schmidt and I got him twice from CvC boxes...and I only opened about 6. 

@Tenwethe I opened 40 big Babe boxes and didn't get him. I was so bummed, but not once did I feel like it was a scam. I definitely know the feeling of being disappointed, but that's the nature of RNG. On the flip side, RNG can also be your best friend. It only took four cycles in WoH for me to finally land the Babe and odds were roughly 1:20. Everything comes in cycles. Hang in there. Pesky is great. He'll definitely help you out for WoH!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I gotta agree with @DFBB, these things come in waves. I went 0 for like 80 on legend boxes. Then when we got the VIP gifts with Micky I got him on my first box of 5. Then few weeks later went for Teddy and got him in less then 10 pulls. IMO sometimes you get good streaks of pulls and sometimes you just get the **** end of the stick. Cycled WOH 19 times last week and didn't get the babe. Got Correa x1 wish I already had and McGriff on my last box. While others seem to pull Babe on 5 cycles or less.

Just hang tight and your luck may turn.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yep the RNG is exactly what the name implies. Random. 22 cycles total between Posada and Babe/McGriff and no luck on either one of them but pulled Bernie Williams back to back on the 1st two cycles. If you won everytime then it would be pointless. Also 0-15ish on chipper boxes but got Giambi on the 1st $30 box.

All random buddy and honestly sometimes I get so frustrated myself not pulling any that my conspiracy theories go into overload and think GLU has it in for me.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    0-50 on the weekend nickname boxes a few weekends ago

got Rosario on the 3rd box this weekend. So random. 

Now to hunt down prime XP for him.......
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I stopped buying on the weekends because I was something like 2-90 over a two month period but it balanced out once CvC was a thing, 2 all stars, Mays, Mantle, Schmidt among others, and have done decently well in WoH with sig Martinez and McGriff so on the whole I’ve had decent luck in pulls.
  • TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Haha, I'm way over it now. Pesky is a beast! Anyways, I'm more disappointed in myself for not having the self-control to save for next week...
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL