WoH rewards for 10-29-18!!!

13Next

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Here you go @Houmy

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Houmy thanks man! Sadly, I cannot beat level 5 of slug fest for the 15k PXP. I’m outmatched by round 7 or 8 of level 4 by about 30 points right now- last week it was my 139 guy against 166 prime Cruz. Just get slaughtered and can’t figure out how to get a better guy to get over the hump for that PXP because the draft picks don’t get you anyone that can beat him, or so it seems.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    And of course NOW they bump Martinez to 485. Oh well he'll come in handy Wednesday I am sure.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@tocopan18 thanks buddy. Same speed as Turner so I guesa I'll stick with Muncy. Forget Turner was a righty too.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I finished 2-27 on the day probably my worst showing since the Neris when he was a 263 overall for most of that day though I did get Fisk which pretty much finishes my hitting starters since my last sub 420 position was catcher and got Abreu on the other cycle 2-19 with Banks, 0-8 with JD though he’s now 485 overall so he’s my highest rated player now sans the ATGs I can’t afford.
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Cycled twice. Got the 2 I needed. Turner and Fisk. Was a good day for me!
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    No problem @Houmy, i barely had any time to play today so I’m happy that i cycled once even though turner was not what i wanted. This box didn’t really have any significant upgrade for me since i have the 470 muncy at 3B, the 430 realmuto C, a 415 hosmer at 1B and my SP5 is 430.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Not my best day.  Just three cycles getting Price, Abreu and Price again.  Slow played after getting Abreu but Kershaw was very tough for me.  Used capped Jorge and just couldn’t get the timing down.  Not the worst day to have a tough time since there’s no premium boxes at stake 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Based on my own experience and things I've heard, gold is doing well vs Kershaw while silver is struggling. Whit/Story seems to be doing really well for the gold players. Meanwhile, Mantle owners are dragging along and struggling. I have no doubt that gold is the place to be if cycling WoH is the goal. You don't even need legends.
    Missed this post but yeah today was tougher for me then normal 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Sooooo @Houmy you got "my" Fisk hey.... concerning Royale I think it might be Mick, but Ted is also a strong potential, I'm also guessing some of those WS Trophy guys will appear somewhere
    It's all done with mirrors
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    edited October 2018
    First time through I only had issues with Maeda who really gave me fits.  The rest I didn't spend any gold on or restarts.  Second time through I never could get past Maeda and had a difficult time even getting to him.  Not sure if it's the different time of the day or I just lost my ability and got pissed but it was odd.  I did get Fisk though so I won't complain.  He's an upgrade over my Prime Posey.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Thank you @dkarski87 I had forgotten Turner was a righty so decided to stick with Muncy and his numbers at 279/317/163. 

@Sandpipers I got him and honestly if I had the LXP I would max him but only have 50K right now and about to finish another season in about 10 minutes for 10K more. So with that and what I get from Royale tomorrow and hopefully this Friday's GLU gift I'll have enough to max one more and am holding out for a 1B. As far as tomorrow goes I actually hope they don't offer anyone I need as half the night is going to be spent giving out candy to the little monsters coming to my door. :flushed: 

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Based on my own experience and things I've heard, gold is doing well vs Kershaw while silver is struggling. Whit/Story seems to be doing really well for the gold players. Meanwhile, Mantle owners are dragging along and struggling. I have no doubt that gold is the place to be if cycling WoH is the goal. You don't even need legends.
    Exactly my case. Cycled 5 times.  Im gold and have no legends and only 2 primes with skills. (Untill

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Cycled twice yesterday (only second time ever doing that) and got Abreu and Price. I now have all 5 SP spots with prime pitchers that have skill boosts. And my 1B spot is now more than an old POTW. Very pleased with the results but it wasn't easy and I doubted myself around 10pm having not beaten it in 10 tries. Then beat it back to back tries lol. Never know what Glu is gonna do!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @Houmy I'm lucky that the street I live on the majority of candy eating monsters lIve in my house.... lead by me hehe.
    Concerning yesterday's woh, my first troubles started with 4.8, 4.9 & 4.10.... in the last several weeks I have sailed thru those guys with no issues at all, but yesterday, particularly with Not Justin, I think I redid the level 6 times. Once I got into level 5, I sailed thru until Maeda, who forced a level restart 3 times before I got to Kershaw...and there it was over before I could blink. Then trying to get back to kershaw was a special kind of hell with every pitcher between 5.2 and 5.8 forcing restarts multiple times. When I did get back to kershaw several times, curve balls were not the majority of the problem. Similar to maeda, it was the so called fastballs that resulted in either double play grounders or midfield pop ups, with the occasional warning track flyouts...Reggie could only rarely hit homers. Then, I got to kershaw once again and had the the score 6-8 with two out and guys at 2nd & 3rd...from 1 solo homer and the rest from sgls and dbls. I waited until the 3rd pitch, and hit a dribbling grounder to end it. At that moment it clicked for me and I did two things... I bought several pxp boxes and got Sig Correa capped and into play which actually helped things and then when I got back to kershaw, I only swung at the 2nd pitch for each batter because except for one batter, 90% of the pitches were straight. The key was to only attempt hitting the 2nd pitch.... and I finally cycled. Had I figured that out earlier I would have cycled twice probably three times. So for me at least, pitch sequence is just one part of the equation...along with all the other tips people have figured out and shared along the way. Hopefully a leveled up Turner will help ease my challenges and reduce my whining ;)
    @Sandpipers for me yesterday the main problem was with signature Sevy and Kershaw. I'll try your 2nd pitch strategy next time and see how it goes. I was tempted to level up Fisk and max him eventually for his WOH skill but figured with 485 Martinez now I am covered for a big righty so no need for Fisk until I have the LXP to spare and can retire Contreras.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Sandpipers There are many people that never swing at the first pitch. Imo, it's whatever you're comfortable with. I always swing at he first 'straight' pitch in every at bat and it works well for me. Glad luck was on your side. Turner is a beast and is better than most legends!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy Nice pull on Fisk! I had bad luck yesterday and sometimes, it's difficult to see all the posts with all the tears in my eyes. Personally, I'd wait on Fisk too. He's good, but lxp is so precious. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB thanks buddy. I wiped plenty of tears with my sleeve chasing Posada & McGriff as you recall so I know the feeling. Pulling Turner I am especially bummed now that LA didn't clinch the title but not complaining in that department. 

To be honest though if Fisk's speed was in the mid 70's like Posada I would max him but since that's not the case figure a 1B is more important. Already have 425 Freeman there but hoping for something stronger. If I get lucky with a WS Trophy Prime 1B though then the LXP goes to Fisk.

@DFBB absolutely, the first fastball I see I always smack it if it's in the midle of the plate.. but with kershaw and maeda (to a lesser degree) if I did that tried and true approach, I would get a dribbling grounder or midfield pop up, same with the 3rd pitch. However, if it I hit on the 2nd pitch, I'd be successful. Just weird but my reality yesterday.