Options

"Checking for Videos" while watching videos takes too long

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Can we please go back to 4 gold per video and then maybe you will allow the videos to load faster? What's the point of getting double gold for videos if the videos take 3 times longer to watch now?
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Options
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Also having to wait to click "watch video" until it has loaded sucks! Go back to clicking it and then it starts once its loaded... its much more annoying for us this way
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I actually LOVE the way it is now. Prior to the update, I always had to guess as to when the next video would actually be ready. Sometimes, this would result in the video being stuck on 'loading video' and I would have to force close the app. Now, if it takes too long to load, it gives me the option to exit out. A HUGE game changer! In particular, I no longer have to worry about the freeze during WoH.

@Houmy I'm sorry you're having issues. At the risk of being insensitive, these last few days have been amazing for me. The load time and video functionality have been early TSB '17 like. Some guys in my club are clicking through videos at blazing speeds while some are also struggling with slow load times. Definitely appears to be hit/miss. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2018
    At least they got rid of that insufferable blackjack game video. Every time it took 90 seconds for the video to load I knew it was going to be that stupid blackjack video...
  • Options
    @DFBB highly insensitive buddy. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This forum needs an "unfriend" feature :expressionless::innocent::smirk:

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy I'd tell you how much gold I've had recently just from videos, but common sense tells me it's probably a bad time.  :#
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Just for that @DFBB here is this (not that you needed "fish" anyway) :triumph: 

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Videos for me are loading quite quickly and mostly not having any issues with crashing except of course during an event for a restart :(
    However there's something weird happening with the gold totals upon exit of the video/promo section of the app... sometimes the totals are way higher than I expect while other times they are the opposite. I hope it balances itself out in the end.... guess I'll have to do a sample or two and see
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    As far as I can tell on my network the videos are just reverse buffered now.  Means more pausing and clicking/more interruptions when I'm tapping videos;  before you could just click twice at the end of a video and it would close one, start the next and while there would be a pause for buffering, I would not have to revisit the tap until the video ended.  Now I have to tap to start, tap to end, wait for the buffering (5 sec) and tap to start again .....overall time wise it's pretty much identical to before, just feels and is a lot more work now and is more distracting so more difficult to do other things while tapping as it is more involved now, esp. with the 15sec videos.

• Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts

I've had no issues with the new video features. I charge my phone on my radio dock while at work and glance over frequently. Over 2K gold yesterday alone.

Also, I noticed a trick while playing club vs club recently. If you watch a video for boosts or an extra batter, I'm sure you've seen the "Unable to play video at this time" message. Don't do anything when is says that. Just wait anywhere between 10 and 50 seconds. The video will start playing and it will count.

Tap tap tap tap it in