Halloween Royale: penthouse to the poor house! ***UPDATE*** MAYS!!!

13Next

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @bigvivec all that XP you are wondering about is very legit. You don't need to use much of it in silver and if you cycle slugfest like @dfbb does then PXP will be easy to get. Now that Babe Ruth, THAT I don't know about :wink: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Metsicans it seems we were caught in the same vortex except you doubled my bad luck... it's too bad we get caught up in the pursuit of select players and just wind up getting disappointed multiple times..like when we keep buying boxes and get nothing. Now that the sting has subsided, again, I'll get ready for monday and do it all over again ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @bigvivec Yes, home-grown xp! I was over 2mill pxp about 2 months ago, but they've given very little incentive to cycle derby lately. As far as bxp? I really don't use it much beyond the bonus skills and they're easy to rack up so it adds up.
    @Houmy As always, thanks for the vote of confidence...and parting shot, of course! LOL

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB anytime buddy (vote of confidence AND ESPECIALLY parting shot) :smiley: 

Speaking of ATG do you know what Mantle's numbers were at bronze 1 when they bumped up to 510 or did you have him already? I am itching to level up Mays as even if they offer Mantle it's a long shot anyway and just wanted to see who has the better hit/power. That switch hitting part is what's holding me back.

I don't have Mantle at b1, as a 510 max player, but they should be slightly better than Mays. As 500 max players, Mantle had a slightly higher hit and power.
    Thanks buddy. I'll hold off till next week and see if I can get lucky again in case they offer him and if not Mays it is. Crazy about having him for WOH because of switch hitting but figure even if not Mays & Giambi can easily cover both sides of the plate.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Sandpipers, to be fair, I had pretty good luck of late.  Even Monday, I cycled three times and got Fisk, Signature Turner and the other good player I can't even remember, then pulled legend Schmidt from CvC on Tuesday.  It's just that 8 times is a lot, and 5x of the same useless player is pretty frustrating.

I love what they've done with walkoff, but the great part about the event used to be that you were going to end up with something useful to your team, pretty much every time.  Now, you can spend a lot of gold and get nothing that sticks on your roster.   

@Metsicans The chance at an absolute game changer(ATGs, Posada, etc.) trumps everything for me. In the past, we'd grind our way to the WoH reward and just slow play with him for club points. That player was never a game changer; generally just an incremental improvement, if that, versus whatever you already had. They've made it much easier to cycle and encourage us to cycle continuously because the potential rewards are so great. 

You said you spent 5k and got nothing? I'm sure you got some pxp? Even Lxp? On average, I'm willing to bet that you still got more value spending 5K last night than you would chasing boxes. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Metsicans The chance at an absolute game changer(ATGs, Posada, etc.) trumps everything for me. In the past, we'd grind our way to the WoH reward and just slow play with him for club points. That player was never a game changer; generally just an incremental improvement, if that, versus whatever you already had. They've made it much easier to cycle and encourage us to cycle continuously because the potential rewards are so great. 

You said you spent 5k and got nothing? I'm sure you got some pxp? Even Lxp? On average, I'm willing to bet that you still got more value spending 5K last night than you would chasing boxes. 

Agree 100%. 
    In my 4 cycles last night I didn't get any players that would make my roster BUT, after spending like 1k gold (between restarts and boosts in 5.10) I ended up raking 42.5k pxp, 5k lxp and selling Davis gave me another 2040 pxp. So at the end of the night, using 1k gold for 45k pxp, 5k lxp AND the chance of getting a player that you like definitively beats boxes with horrible odds.
    Now I am especially glad that I already have 470 Muncy or I would have been tempted to use the LXP on this guy and Fisk instead. Got him through CVC today and it pissed me off that I bought the CVC subscription since I have Torres for today and even though the sale went through and shows both on my CC and playstore subscriptions I get a "PURCHASE FAILED" message every time I log in and restart and no subscription. Happened once before buying gold but the gold was there after one restart. Sent in the ticket but I am afraid it'll be too late for today and Torres.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Mike Schmidt was not the best looking fella.
    Something about the Phillies perhaps @JEDDDOGGY?

Sorry @Houmy there was a screw up with my subscription previously as well, but to my benefit. I sent a ticket to let them know and after sending my purchase receipts, crickets. I guess that's just what we have to learn to accept, that the good luck and bad luck go in cycles, that there will always be a little bit of bad with the good, and that in this game rarely will anything work smoothly  :#
    Yeah I hear you @Sandpipers. I am OK with bugs and errors that eventually get fixed/reimbursed but the thing that sucks is that I had the 300X/hit multiplier guy for today and coupled with the starting 400 multiplier it would be nice to get my club some extra points if I played it.

OK GLU is definitely messing with me now knowing full well that unless I have a coupla million LXP I would never level this guy up. 

I absolutely hate the duplicate player thing..... hate, hate, hate it!
    Well I don't mind it as much when it's the only option, cvc prize, I just wish it was someone I needed. My CVC subscription kicked in btw just in time for the LAST MATCH. Extremely pissed about that. We were ranked about 140 before it and after that match finished the season at 66. Had a great shot at 25 or better if I had it for all 4 matches. 

To update on my CVC kicking in late the first ticket went nowhere as the CS claimed the devs wouldn't reimburse me for extra gold spent to compensate for the CVC not working during the 1st three matches. Opened another ticket and just got refunded 1900 gold spent during CVC that day so in my experience being persistent and explaining the situation has worked. I kind of feel bad thinking I may have misled them as I had told them the gold spent was around 4K which I estimated based on what boxes I had bought and what I had left after the CVC but their number seems more right as I now believe I may have bought two of the legends boxes which explains the other 1800.

That's good to hear @Houmy persistence, patience and finding the right rep are the norm for success getting what's due... glad to see others are finally succeeding getting their gold from the promo offers as well