Options

VIP Gift

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
As a thank you to the VIPS, Glu decided to give us 5 “baby hank” boxes. Couldn’t afford to give out the regular boxes Glu? Would it really hurt your bottom line? F’in joke 

Comments

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    R u really complaining about 5 free gift boxes plus all that XP?!?!?! Cmon harry...
  • Options
    Yes, I am. If you’re a VIP you should be too. 
  • Options
    @fahhq2 I woulda have rather gotten 5 philly vs Pittsburgh boxes. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Especially for a box with 0.5% chance of getting Aaron.
    Like if VIP had not spent tons of money to achieve that status. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I don't know about the gifts but my store only has the baby box in it, "adult" box is missing (3 teams)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Speaking of which is the regular box showing for you? My store only has the baby hank boxes. I am kind of on Harry's side on this one. Not disappointed but not feeling the love either as odds on the baby boxes are crap and I made more LXP & PXP myself yesterday. It costs them nothing to have made the boxes the regular boxes instead of the baby boxes.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy nope it’s gone 
  • Options
    Maybe they are adding a skill and will put it back or maybe the 550 max was a mistake? We'll see.

• Options
    Thinking this might be the straw that breaks some backs here. 
  • Options
    Well this gift sucked regardless. 
  • Options
    forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    I dont have any hank boxes in the store just evo
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Complaining is due for that VIP gift.  If you put in what it takes to be VIP and support Glu, they should return the favor.  It’s as simple as that.   
  • Options
    thefayaathefayaa Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Ive put what it takes to be VIP ( more than 1k$, im on the forum , stadium etc ) and i never be VIP.... being able to be VIP and have lots of gifts, I would not complain anymore even if sometimes I only have XP ...
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    As a thank you to the VIPS, Glu decided to give us 5 “baby hank” boxes. Couldn’t afford to give out the regular boxes Glu? Would it really hurt your bottom line? F’in joke 
    I would have preferred the regular boxes obviously because of the better shot at LXP.  I wasnt the least bit interested in Hank.  None the less the 35K LXP is nice.   From the boxes i got 2 PXP and 3 (2x) Prime picks
  • Options
    @Mattattack then they go ahead and drop him down to 520 like no one would have noticed? Come on Glu 
  • Options
    If that isn’t bait and switch idk what is
  • Options
    @thefayaa I've never complained or been disappointed with VIP gifts before and was fine with this one as well but I have to agree with those that are. VIP gifts aren't really all that "free" as we've spent a good chunk of $$$ getting there and some, myself included, have spent twice or three times the required amount over the years after becoming VIP. When they "gift" you once a month it should be something that you wouldn't be able to make yourself in one day and it should really stand out. This past Wednesday alone I made 45K LXP &  82,5 PXP playing the Royale which is a lot more than what I got in the gift. And the Aaron picks? At those odds they are pretty much useless.

The gifts costs them absolutely nothing as they are all just 0s & 1s and are in a way meant to inspire others to make a run for VIP as well so when there is negative feedback because of it then it works against them.

Again I am not personally disappointed by the gifts or offended as some I am sure are. Just wish GLU would take note to make it right for those that are as if those that are happy inspire even one more player to become VIP then it means more revenue for GLU in exchange for something that didn't cost them anything.

• Options
    @Houmy PREACH
  • Options
    @Haraycaray as @DFBB pointed out with the added skill he'll be comparable to 550 or slightly better now but still doesn't change the fact that they should think this through before releasing the box in the 1st place as it affects players in other areas as well. 

One good example is what I almost did myself. I was planning to leave Mays as inactive for now to spend the LXP on two other players instead. After the Hank box was released however I figured if Mays is going to be a 550 batter now then it would make more sense to max him instead of bringing two other legends to level 6 or 7 and the only thing that held me back was waiting for Mays to actually get bumped to 550 in case GLU has messed up. 
    I would have been extremely upset had I spent that LXP, have about 145K at the moment, only to find out I made the wrong decision due to another GLU mistake. And I say "wrong" decision due to my personal preference on how to spend the LXP (quantity over quality).

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    To add to @Houmy's point, the 550 version of Hank was also in the Legends draft picks for a short period. It wasn't as if it was an overnight error. That same version had been in their system for months. Yes, that 550 version was also terrible(too much speed/no bonus skill), but it is beyond irresponsible to release it...and keep it active for as long as they did. And did I mention that ATGs are suppose to be the standard, yet, they don't have two bonus skills like living legends? Ok, wrong thread. Anyways, Houmy, quantity over quality?? Color me disappointed. LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB as disappointed as I strive to make you ;) , I'd rather have two 470+ maxed legends to fill two positions than one 520 in one position (should have enough LXP for two maxed by next week). And remember as far as OF goes I already have 470 Puig as DH as he is my "weakest" outfielder right now so I am pretty set there. Now if it was Mantle dominating both sides of the plate then it would be a different story.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @Mattattack then they go ahead and drop him down to 520 like no one would have noticed? Come on Glu 
    I guess from my perspective I knew that the original release looked and probably was off.  So when they switched it, i wasnt surprised
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy The quality/quantity line wasn't a reference to Tsb. :) That said, I look at it this way: ATGs are future-proof. They may or may not ever get their 2nd skill, but it's extremely unlikely that they'll ever get replaced. As such, I'd always heavily invest in them and worry about everyone else later. 
    I'm actually trying to go gold myself. I really want to take both of my ATGs with me, but that may take too long because I don't have a reasonable way to acquire Lxp. Ugh. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB that's the main thing. If I was in silver Mays would have been maxed already and I would even max Schmidt to replace Muncy even as they are both 470. Different story in gold though and you would need a lot of LXP for all the legends you have and same goes for PXP. 

Didn't think nothing bad about your comment either. Just our usual poking fun at each other.

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Haste makes waste! When has anything Glu done not been flawed? They are always quick to put things out only to amend it in the future. The 550 thing is just another example of that methodology. I do blame them for those errors, but all of us on here know that occurs. Let’s take some responsibility for our lack of patience in matters dealing with Glu’s ineptitude. Even those tapjoy offers...people are posting that no gold is being rewarded but, like sheep, the offers are continued and people complain knowing full well there is a significant problem with them. 
    As for the VIP gift-stop complaining about something that is free. No one on here went VIP for gifts. They are an added benefit for something no one is holding a gun to ur head to buy. I didn’t necessarily like the baby boxes, but beggars can’t be choosers. Nowhere does it stipulate the reward details regarding free boxes. I agree with @Houmy that it doesn’t cost them anything to dole out those boxes and would go farther to say that about anything in this game. Heck, why not give us all the ATG’s for 10gold? The money is in buying those wacky EVO boxes-not in the boxes themselves. I’m no Econ major, but seems to me that if everyone had to buy EVO, they would make more than some of us trying our luck on ridiculously labeled odds. @Haraycaray-wasn’t it Mark Grace that famously said “if ur not complaining, ur not playing?” 😀 Cmon guys, I’m in line at the Glu is bending us over carnival, but as for crying that they didnt give us enuf booth, that line is reserved for entitled people who need a participation trophy...