“Watch Video” fails constantly

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
When attempting to watch vids to increase multipliers and boosts for CVC or watch vids to continue WOH, about 30% of the time the vid either fails to load or, after watching, never returns me back to the game. This causes a reset to WOH (frustrating if I’m on level 8) or one of your CVC rounds are lost completely. I’ve seen this to customer support and got the chain letter response “we don’t control the videos” or “just use gold instead”. This is such a huge problem. Is it just me?

Using an iPhone 7. 

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Not just you, been happening to lots of people since before the last update... what an obnoxious response from CS
    It's all done with mirrors
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I attempted to watch a video for a boost prior to the round, said it was unable to load the video
    and then as I'm in the middle of the round, the darn video starts playing! - thus hosing me out of my round.
    Can't play the round while there's a video playing, now can I? Talk about lame.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

This has been happening to me for a few weeks now.  I rarely use the free boost anymore as a result.

I have had luck hard closing the app immediately before i plan to watch a video.  For example, right before I play 5.10 if I have a video restart available. 

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    It's still an issue. "Unable to play video" and then halfway through the round... there's the video.... waiting to steal the round from me. Wish GLU would fix this.
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    After I watched the video it said unable to load video yet the game was going and I got struck out 3 times
  • xxxSODOxxxxxxSODOxxx Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I have been on the short end of this so many times now.  It always happens on one of the last 2.  Absolutely infuriating.  Mostly because I know I probably won't beat it with the boost, and definitely not without it.

• midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    happens to me all the time on iPhone X. I've gotten in the habit of force quitting and restarting the app any time I know I might need a video restart. It almost always works 1 or 2 times before crapping out again. 
  • astros8038astros8038 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Glu says its not there fault its the vendors i call bs
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Who choose the vendors? Whose app/business reputation suffers in the eyes of the customers? Who is making money off the vendors and of course the customers? Whose responsibility is it again...? Are they sure it's not themselves...really?
    It's so tedious dealing with nonsense coming from people/organizations that are deflecting their own culpability.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Videos loading always kill me during WOH...But watching them for gold they usually work.  It’s annoying bc I’ve lost progress on the final rounds multiple times.  
  • RChavoRChavo Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    X here too and constantly getting video errors
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I have video problems now for the first time all year since the latest update. Dont understand it, just want it fixed.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Are they using a new company for Tap ‘18? I’m still playing ‘17 and Watch a Video never lets me down in any mode of that game or any purpose you can use it for. Nor has anyone on my very active ‘17 Club ever complained about a video problem on our chat. I’m convinced something is wrong with Tap ‘18 on Glu’s end, not the the video provider.
  • deshaldyldeshaldyl Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    If youvey activated "developer" mode in your phone settings - turn it off. The video/screen animation settings cause the failed loading of the videos. 
    HRS4YESHUA
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    They must mess with something because I play the game on android and iPad. For the most part videos on android work all the time. For the iPad video works Monday through Thursday. Friday to Sunday no video work. No extra play or extra moments pick etc.