WoH rewards for 10-5-18: Teddy ballgame and OF galore!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Loving the rewards!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Box still says 'royale' and has been updated. 🤔🤔🤔

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited November 2018
    A lot happier that the lower level guys are still over max 430, much much better than the 365 guys and potw guys... and we'll I can't have everything, #7 version of Yelich hehe... just wish OF weren't so over filled
    It's all done with mirrors
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Anyone have Cabrera stats at s10 or g10?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Teddy will be mine. Even if it takes all my gold. MARK MY WORDS.*

* I reserve the right to edit this post.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@houmy good luck pal. I know he's one of your all time favs so I hope you get him early on.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Teddy is my white whale as well. But I’m done chasing players, it leaves me broke. I’ll cycle 2–3 times and hope for the best....
    I'll chase until I can't see lol
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Let's make it a horse race to TW.  Here on the community forum there should be a contest to see who among the corest players is going to pull him first.  Kinda like Pick'em, only more exciting.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    They already changed cabrera to Mike Schmidt dam it.  I need a ss.  
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Wooow, they really want to make sure everybody has a Mike Schmidt on their roster.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @dkarski87 thanks buddy. Other than him being my all time favorite player he is also the namesake of our club AND my first WOH cycle in 17. So plenty of special meaning for me. 

Well, Schmidt has almost the same numbers as Bagwell, and since I already am very good at 3B, for sure I'll get Schmidt  :#
    But at least I have the lxp to cap immediately hehe
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Houmy I’d cycle more times than you if there was an Ozzie Smith.

*uploads life savings to tap baseball in exchange for 37 mountain range of gold*

Bet.

:grin:
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    Shame we can’t trade. I have 1 legend SS and 4 prime SS
    I have Schmidt and two Dodger Sig Prime 3bs, all with the same 470 max. So obviously I’ll pull Schmidt again tomorrow...
    I have a feeling they will change it again. Makes no sense putting Schmidt in there since hes been a Thursday cvsc reward for like 3 or 4 weeks now. That said, its been LCS boxes for 4 weeks now too so who knows.
    – The Great Houmy
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    So happy Ted is in there. Hopefully I will pick him up. I had him on the last version and he always smoked WOH. 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Am I the only one picking up on the date in the title should be 11-5-18? lol
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    nym5fan said:

dkarski87 said:
    I have a feeling they will change it again. Makes no sense putting Schmidt in there since hes been a Thursday cvsc reward for like 3 or 4 weeks now. That said, its been LCS boxes for 4 weeks now too so who knows.

Looks like we're stuck with Schmidt.  This is just one of these really annoying things that Glu does that they could so easily avoid.  I mean, put a different guy in there with the same rating.  Whatever.  Just avoid everyone being pissed off when they get the same guy that has been the CvC reward for like a month. 

When I burn my 10% chance on a guy I already have, I'm going to be super annoyed.  Especially when Teddy was in there. 

Houmy said:
    nym5fan said:

@Houmy if we went back to 10-5-18 it would be a Friday... and I don't want to repeat a weekend event! lol

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've lost count of how many times I've refreshed. I guess Schmidt is here to stay. Let's just all pretend he's not there and pull Teddy today!
  • VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Consider most people are not winning cvc mvp and if they do the chance of pulling Schmidt is only 2.5%
    So if you did manage to pull Schmidt realize you are in rare company. Helps to have some perspective since those posting on the forums are likely to be some of the most hardcore tappers and the vast majority of players do not have Schmidt. 
    Not a good start.

Had to use video restart on Roark on level 2 (used a 191 rated guy against him) and then Mays (249 with skill boost) could not beat CC. 

So annoying LOL.
    @JEDDDOGGY I hear that restarting on level 2 is good luck... lol
    Funny thing @JEDDDOGGY is that Roark made me restart too :)
    Vellocet said:
    Consider most people are not winning cvc mvp and if they do the chance of pulling Schmidt is only 2.5%
    So if you did manage to pull Schmidt realize you are in rare company. Helps to have some perspective since those posting on the forums are likely to be some of the most hardcore tappers and the vast majority of players do not have Schmidt. 

I disagree.  It is literally no skin off of anyone's back to offer a similar, identically ranked legend.  Again, there's no need to have as a prize a guy that many in the community already have, because he has been the prize for another event for weeks.  While it might affect a small percentage of the community, they could easily have avoided the issue entirely.  Just make it a different 3B legend and everyone is happy.  
    edited November 2018
    @nym5fan it just wouldn't be right if you didn't get your ass handed to you by some scrub pitchers at the beginning. Jiminez started me off with a nasty slider so I knew today was gonna be good lol.
    Here are the last 4 pitchers from top left to right and ratings/skills in gold. Stanton on the 1st one so the chase continues.

• SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    dkarski87 said:

Looks like we're stuck with Schmidt.  This is just one of these really annoying things that Glu does that they could so easily avoid.  I mean, put a different guy in there with the same rating.  Whatever.  Just avoid everyone being pissed off when they get the same guy that has been the CvC reward for like a month. 

When I burn my 10% chance on a guy I already have, I'm going to be super annoyed.  Especially when Teddy was in there. 

And guess who fell into Glu's lovely trap. Won Schmidt in CvC. Got him again after first WOH cycle...dumb. How many 3B is Glu going to put out? Would like to see a SS.