Walk off hero frustration

nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
While playing walk off hero tonight I was able to get to level 4 stage 8. (Leveled up way too fast) and where I was is pretty good for me. Deciding to use the video boost with about a few seconds left in the video it just decides to freeze. All that work for nothing. Hopefully customer service can help me out somehow

Comments

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    If you used gold, they will refund the gold. If not, they will tell you it isn’t their fault. Its their advertising partners fault and they will send your concerns to the development team and advertising partners. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I had the free video boost freeze on my multiple times today on level 5.10 causing me to reset back to 5.1 without even getting to play.  I feel your frustration.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Just curious about the video that froze on all of you. Was it Golf Clash by any chance?

EDIT: Not referring to batting boost BTW. Talking about restart video. Happened to me last week and twice again last night where golf clash would finish playing but then the 'LOADING VIDEO" screen would come on while the game was continuing without me being able to see it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Tip for all: All hard close and restart your app before levels you might need the restart. I never have any issues when I do this. Its a pain but it seems to work. Also, the 5% really doesn't help you much anymore as it all boils down to pitch luck. Dont risk the video  boost as more likely then not it wont help you win the round. I see lots of people posting about constant freezing and YES it shouldn't happen but unfortunately it does. Dont use it and risk losing your progress if your issues are constantly freezing and not loading as they should.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Ncslugger5Ncslugger5 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I’ve had luck with this as well, using 80 gold on the last two rounds have helped me cycle easier 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I never watch boost videos bc I’ve went through it many times and that boost is pretty meaningless.  Hard reset before the last round and always 40 to 80 gold to boost for good luck lol not sure that helps much either but it makes me feel stronger!  Never use a video boost on the last round.  It’s too much of a risk.   Pray for the right pitches.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've dealt with the same issue for months, but it appears that the most recent update has fixed the issue. Now, when a video doesn't load, I get the option to exit whereas before, it would freeze and I'd be forced to start back at 5.1. That said, I no longer use the video boost and save them for my replays. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB wait... so you can get additional replays (more than just the 1) if you don't use the videos for the boost? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment there?
    @JEDDDOGGY no you only get the 1 replay video every half an hour regardless if you use the boost video or not.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant to say that I only use the videos for the replays, which refresh every 30 minutes. I don't know if it's true, but it feels like the more often you use videos for boosting/replays, the more 'drained' the system gets and your chances of a video not working increases. Again, could be a coincidence, but it's a chance I no longer take. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited November 2018
    Never use the video for boost other than CVC myself which has worked fine for me so far. As far as replay goes lately anytime the video has been Golf Clash the game would continue after the video but instead of me seeing the batters and the field it would be stuck on the "LOADING VIDEO" screen with the game going on behind it (which I cannot see) so I would lose the round.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Thanks, guys. Yep, just misunderstood is all. I do use the videos and have only experienced issues with them a handful of times. I'm on an iPhone and I am pretty trusting of them and just make sure I do not run one right after another (like for CvC just wait about 15-30 seconds after you watch the first boost video before you click on the second one). They are buffered in the background and if you don't give the second one time to load I have found it will crash sometimes.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Typically before a round I want the video for I’ll try to watch a couple videos for gold, in my experience if I can watch two videos in a row I know it’s not going to freeze up on me when I need it.  As far as the box “Unable to load video at this time” just wait a moment and 90% of the time the video will play anyway and you’ll get your boost or continue.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yesterday there seemed to be progressively worse lag as I climbed the round. Beat snell and while it was loading the victory screen the app crashed and reset my progress, and when I got to 5-10 I purposely restarted app got my ass kicked and then video restart froze. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    For IOS users;  I get around freezes by constantly closing the app, reseting the ad identifier (found in the privacy tab under advertising) then opening the app again.  I do this constantly and keeps the fear and occurrence  of freezes away for vid restarts in all events.
  • wschamps7777wschamps7777 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    It happens from time to time, but I noticed that the video playback is much more consistent now than earlier in the season.  Due to the high volume of people playing this game, I'm sure that it's something that they've addressed, and are working on.
  • DROPPINGBOMBER2DROPPINGBOMBER2 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I dont understand how teams that are crazy lower than my team can beat WOH but I have never once.. NO MATTER WHAT I SPEND TRYING.. I love the game but I getting frustrated with that event.. I just want to BEAT IT!!. Anybody have any special tips out there???