Woh Royale rewards: Mickey!!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed because I already have him, but happy that others get their chance. Ok, maybe happy isn't the word. I'm not sure how I feel about the box as a whole, but I need that lxp!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    I'm looking to score that Martinez. 485 prime for 35k pxp? Sign me up. Oh and Mickey would be nice too haha.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Im with you @DFBB. I already got him but happy for other to get their shot. Already got JD from previous WOHs so my prize tom will be Langston. Happy hunting to all, esp you @houmy. I know teddy eluded yesterday so that means Micky will  be yours. Im sure of it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Anyone else wondering what Langston's trade-in value will be?? lol
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I've not scored the big prize since Reggie and would shut up and not whine for at least two days if the baseball gods would grant me this ATG Mickey, maybe even three days! I've collected 8 primes of mostly max 430-435 since last Royale and won't use any of them.... ATG Mickey, there's a space on Sandpipers  waiting for you.....
    It's all done with mirrors
    edited November 2018
    @Sandpipers, the gods have spoken: 5 days or no deal!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Damn!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Mickey will NOT be mine. GLU will not get any more of my gold. MARK MY WORDS*

*trying a new strategy here. Don't tell GLU.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    After getting my boy Teddy, I know there’s no chance I luck into the Mick. I did spend 30k trying to get him a couple months ago, to no avail. But I can’t see it happening for me tomorrow and my OF is loaded anyway. It’s the switch hitter aspect that makes me want him....
    Ok ok @DFBB I'll put in a top offer of 7 days no whining... only positive reinforcement for all :)
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well last Wednesday I got Mays on very first time through. Already had him, so meh.

Then yesterday was a shit show.

I hope to disMANTLE woh tomorrow :)
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    After pulling Babe and Teddy from WOH in the last 3 weeks, I also doubt i will be lucky enough to get him tomorrow. And i already have signature JD so repeated cycled tomorrow may not be too fruitful for me (unless i am lucky enough to get Mickey). Still, an awesome box overall i would say. 
    Well, slight change.....lol

Carters max overall not impressive but I like his skill!!
    Last night's guaranteed prize(yelich) has superior ratings, a better boost, and is a lefty. That Carter will also have a smaller trade in value than Langston. :(
    Carters max makes Fisk look like a superstar. 

Sigh
    I really needed that Yelich last night. I’m down to one good lefty again.
    And i thought my chuck knoblauch was the worst legend available at 445. I guess there are many more.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I just hope 5-10 is a lefty
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Really wanted Langston...I guess Mickey it is.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It’s so strange to have legends not worth leveling, but that’s the reality now. If you have the signature prime 3bs, Schmidt (who has been widely available) isn’t any better. Carter is appreciably worse than signature prime OFs, of which there are many.  Given the scarcity of lxp, even players with no legends have to think twice about leveling guys like Carter. Very strange dynamic. 
    Looking at JD - does blowout skill help any? Just by pure chance, I don't think I can ever recall having a player with that skill so I am unsure what it does. Would that help on 5.10 when you are 5 runs behind?
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY blowout skill is active when you are a certain number of runs ahead or behind. I think it is 4 or more runs. (I could be wrong). So it does help on 5.10, but the question is does the skill deactivate when you score a few runs, or does it stay active. No concrete evidence to show either way. I believe the skills activate and deactivate as the situations change. Why else would you have a two out skill or some of these other skills that would be useless unless they did change mid round? So in summary, yes it helps, but not sure how much. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan thanks, yeah if it's 4 runs I guess he would boost on 5.10 and isn't 5.9 and maybe even 5.8 four runs as well? Can't recall off of memory. But, if he loses his boost after you score a run or two, then yep- not as helpful as something that you have the whole time.
    At this point, we have to assume that situational dependent skills like RISP and blowouts trigger on/off accordingly. If not, many of the bonus skills would be useless. 
    whammo911 said:
    I just hope 5-10 is a lefty
    Personally I'm planning for a R-R-R-L as the last 4 and see how it goes. We'll see an update as soon as someone reaches that far. Kinda hoping it's Snell at 5.10 today.

yes sir, that skill helps in both 5.9 and 5.10 because losing by 4+ runs.
    And you guys are right, if it deactivates (which it should) when you score a few runs then you lose the advantage.
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    ever since they started adding ATGs to the boxes I just repeatedly pull the 360 players. probably 0-20 on good pulls, after previously pulling Bags, Fisk, Posada, and Edmonds. And yeah, I don't have any LXP to level those guys at gold. f'ing Glu'd. I'd like that JD but the skill is pretty worthless, a 460 with good skill (7th inning, vs L/R) is more useful IMO. 
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    The Reyes drop in that box really puzzles me...
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Anyone else noticing that Scherzer is not in the KOTH box? Another of Glu's finest moments...
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!