Woh Royale rewards: Mickey!!!!

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    third time cycled and got Reyes this time, so Reyes, Castellanos and JD.
    Not sure if I want to keep going today. Only 1 of those times I got the legend xp, so not such a good day
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Game freeze at 5.10 start, twice and now I'm out of time to keep going due to other engagements... good luck to all the rest of the way... and yeah, the challenge isn't the pitching, it's box odds, that's how they've fixed it.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited November 2018
    3 tries. Never closer than 5-2. 

75% sliders. 

So frustrating. 

Edit: this was my first trip to 5-10 since I left gold about 3 months ago. I basically skipped platinum as I did platinum in a week 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 2-7 today so far and have pulled JD twice, except I already had him no legend exp either yet hopefully I can get one or two more done.
    fourth cycle and got castellanos for the second time, no legend xp either. I'm really done this time.
  • vanditvandit Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Legend pull chance is 10% but there are two legends so 5% chance at Mantle? So average of 20 cycles to get the past few top legends. I wouldn't be expecting to pull one unless you cycle over 20 times.
  • TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    I did it! Sig JD! I'm satisfied
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Completed 3rd cycle, JD x3, I had JD before the day began :/.  At least I got lxp this last go so Fisk is Gold 7 now, fairly soon will have 3 big RH and only one big LH as the difficulty in terms of rating is slowly creeping back up need to get started leveling Ted soon.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @houmy keep at it pal.  Your due for a good pull.

Yeah, last week I got Pence 5 times, just garbage all around. This week, Teddy and Mantle. Your luck will flip. 
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    5x Reyes, 2x JD and 1x Castellanos. No one I can afford to use. Most cycles I've had by far which was fun. Thanks for the lhp's glu!
    I decided to give it one more time before it was over and cycled for the 5th time. Got Joe Carter who is going to be traded. So in total I got Castellanos twice, Reyes, JD (who I had) and Joe Carter. everybody but Mantle. And legend xp only twice out of the 5 boxes. I knew it was a long shot after getting Babe and Teddy recently. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Solid luck on the XP boxes today with getting legend xp 4 out of 4 times.  Picked up Nick Cast, JD 2x (already have him) and Mantle 1x.  I knew I’d get Mantle tho bc I’ve already had him forever so that’s how Glu does it.  Duplicates always when you don’t want them!  Solid day for WOH for a change.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm so drained. 9x cycles. First time all year I tilted and spent on restarts. I spent about 1k on the first eight cycles...spent almost 1600 on the very last cycle(running out of time). I kept telling myself it was worth it because I need lxp so bad...and I got it! 8 out of 9 boxes were lxp so I'm quite happy. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I'm so drained. 9x cycles. First time all year I tilted and spent on restarts. I spent about 1k on the first eight cycles...spent almost 1600 on the very last cycle(running out of time). I kept telling myself it was worth it because I need lxp so bad...and I got it! 8 out of 9 boxes were lxp so I'm quite happy. :)
    Basically I cycle for the XP now over anything.  The ATGs are appealing but to get them to gold 10 I would spend a fortune so I’m happy with legend XP too!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Thanks @dkarski87 & @Metsicans. Not really bummed about today as Teddy is the one I really wanted and Mantle was only an interest simply because of the switch hitting so today was mainly for the LXP. Ended up with 8xReyes and 4xCastellanos and 35k LXP.

Almost have enough to max 2 regular legends now so not landing Mantle I'll just hope to get a 1B or 2B down the road but I'm done playing WOH all day chasing a legend. I'll stick to 5 cycles from now on and if it happens then it does and if not then so be it. GLU will not get any more gold out of me in this event as for 5 cycles I don't really need to worry about gold restarts and would only do 80 gold boosts for 5.10. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @houmy I did say i wouldnt give up right? 9 hours of my day for this...
    Glu shouldnt have players like this as a WoH reward. The amount of time spent just to have the wind knocked from your sails is a real gut punch. At least on Monday yiur guaranteed one decent player and then a second player at random... Why not the same deal on Royale days?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I agree that there should not be what are essentially throw-away players in the event box, and I can't go without mentioning there is a near 40 percent of getting that reward to boot.

Went through three times and got JD, Reyes and Castellanos (who I honestly don't want/need either). But, getting JD, I can't complain too much for myself. I am upset for all of the guys that went through 8, 10, 15 times and got nothing they wanted.

As far as if you're going into this wanting to get the ATG - I think there's a 10 percent chance for a legend, and then there's two legends. If that's correct, the average pull for Mickey was one 1 out of 20 cycles. So if you did cycle 15 times like Houmy did, you didn't even have an "average" chance of acquiring him.

Finally, as someone else said (and I don't remember the Neris / Diaz days because I wasn't around then), they have made the game easier to beat but the rewards harder to get. At least, that's what I seems like I read anyway.
    edited November 2018
    @JEDDDOGGY the Neris/Diaz days were just a cruel experiment by GLU or maybe some DEV that was having a bad week and just wanted to take it out on us. GLU claimed, through screenshots of CS responses, that the Diaz/Neris pitches were 80% hittable and pretty much the entire forum called BS on that false statement. 

Before that the event wasn't that much easier but was manageable if you had built a strong team. Wasn't something that I could, or wanted to, cycle 10+ times though. That's my reason behind suggesting the two modes so that those that want can play the harder mode for a guaranteed legend.

• VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    If there were a mode with a  guaranteed atg legend why would people spend 10s of thousands of gold on boxes. Doesn't make sense from glu's perspective. It should be be very difficult to get one of these atg players like it is now. 
    @Vellocet doesn't have to be ATG and can be just a legend like it used to be in 17. At this point though GLU would want more to get the recycled ATG as they are no longer in the store anyway for people to spend gold on. Once they do get them however then they would have to spend more gold getting the LXP & specialized EVO.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The whole point from the company's perspective is to have us play all day, everyday, to use up resources, and acquire more on a regular basis. To do this requires us to use gold in most cases and at the very least that means revenue through video watching. We complained to the point of deciding to quit playing early in the day when things got really bad during the Diaz/Neris etc days (along with a host of other issues that we were all experiencing and the chatter everywhere was about people quitting the game). So the company started to address some of these issues, including dialing back on the pitching fiasco in woh. Now, many of us can cycle, but they keep us playing much of the whole day because the box is partly filled with lower end players that have the highest odds of being "won". So, here we are again, cycling but not winning. The last useful player I've secured in woh is Sig Turner, before him was Sig Correa and before him was Reggie. Everything in between those 3 guys have been traded in, something like 7 or 8 players... Pence, yesterday's Reyes, etc. guys that were given out with gift boxes the weekend prior by the way.... I don't have an ATG, but I have two legends, three Sig Primes and the rest are decent hitters but I'm not a powerhouse by any means. I work diligently to cycle and I do feel good when I can get it done, but the consistently poor "winnings" from the reward boxes is getting irritating. I'm not hard done by as some who can't cycle regularly yet but these are my feelings on the subject.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I think @houmy had the right idea about having the diff modes available to those who are more advanced woh players. Make it harder and only have the top 2 or 3 guys available. Legend or Sign primes. Make it 33% of pulling 1 of 3 players, id be ok with that. If I only cycle 3 or 4 times instead of 10. Then go to the easier mode for the XP boxes lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    1. Castellanos
    2. Reyes
    3. Reyes
    4. J.D.
    5. Loading Video on 5.9 - quit lol
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts

First ATG, After getting Reyes 3x and Chains out 2x. Although at the cost of leveling him to gold he may never make it off my bench. Crazy as it sounds I would have rather pulled JD.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    'Grats @midnightmarauder. I may end up getting JDM today and I'm not sure I'll even level him. ATG bats are ridiculously good and they're somewhat future-proof. I have two ATGs and I'm moving to gold today. It's definitely a pain to level, but they're so much better than everyone else. 'Grats again man!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB moving to gold.. I call rubbish. ;) He lives silver!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @DFBB making the leap to gold? Huh I guess they let everyone in now. There goes the neighborhood. :worried: 
     :warning::trollface::joy:

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The whole point from the company's perspective is to have us play all day, everyday, to use up resources, and acquire more on a regular basis. To do this requires us to use gold in most cases and at the very least that means revenue through video watching. We complained to the point of deciding to quit playing early in the day when things got really bad during the Diaz/Neris etc days (along with a host of other issues that we were all experiencing and the chatter everywhere was about people quitting the game). So the company started to address some of these issues, including dialing back on the pitching fiasco in woh. Now, many of us can cycle, but they keep us playing much of the whole day because the box is partly filled with lower end players that have the highest odds of being "won". So, here we are again, cycling but not winning. The last useful player I've secured in woh is Sig Turner, before him was Sig Correa and before him was Reggie. Everything in between those 3 guys have been traded in, something like 7 or 8 players... Pence, yesterday's Reyes, etc. guys that were given out with gift boxes the weekend prior by the way.... I don't have an ATG, but I have two legends, three Sig Primes and the rest are decent hitters but I'm not a powerhouse by any means. I work diligently to cycle and I do feel good when I can get it done, but the consistently poor "winnings" from the reward boxes is getting irritating. I'm not hard done by as some who can't cycle regularly yet but these are my feelings on the subject.

Agreed, but I will add this -- all you need is one hot streak of pulling the best players and you'll be right as rain.  Happened to me Monday/Wednesday. If you cycle enough, it will happen for all of us eventually. 
    @DFBB how would you get JD today? Unopened boxes from Royale?

edited November 2018
    "If you cycle enough, it will happen for all of us eventually." :unamused:   @Houmy reads while giving the death stare to @Metsicans . And yes I did just refer to myself in third person but the situation called for it.