Game Improvements @Sandpipers

SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
Hey guys, I've been playing this game since '16 and have watched the game evolve. Obviously, graphics have improved and new events have been added. On the other hand, we have lost a few integral aspects of the game. Here are a few things I would like to see added and brought back. Like/Comment/Agree if you feel the same.

1. PLEASE bring back GOLD DERBY and 2x videos (thanks for giving us 2x videos for Halloween - I remember when it used to be 2x for every holiday).
     -Side Note: Home Run Derby is pretty useless without the ability to play each other for gold. I used to play derby for hours every day. I don't even play that aspect of the game at all anymore.
2. Include LEGEND XP in the rewards (i.e. WEEKEND REWARDS, SLUGFEST REWARDS, WOH REWARDS).
3. Give us the ability to trade 3 specific players for a better one like we were able to do in '16 (i.e. 3 specific primes for 1 legend).
4. Incorporate TARGETS on the field, on the wall, and in the stands that give bonus points.
5. Create special BIG HEAD/BOBBLE HEAD players.
6. Include classic baseball parks like FENWAY, WRIGLEY, THE ASTRODOME, POLO GROUNDS, etc. 
7. Leave Wednesday's WOH open through the weekend for anyone who wants to spend gold and continue cycling. In other words, club points stop accumulating when Royale ends, but the event stays open for people to play for the rewards.
8. CONSISTENCY. An All-Time Great should be just that...an All-Time Great. There is no reason why a 224 Willie Mays MAXED at silver should not be able to get a hit off of a 57 bronze pitcher in CVC every time. CS repeatedly tells us that guys have "bad days." If All-Time Greats are marketed as All-Time Greats, they shouldn't have "bad days" in a mobile game. I can understand a 224 Mays having a hit or miss day against a good prime or legend pitcher, but using that to justify why a 224 Mays can't hit a 57 bronze pitcher is like saying the World Series Red Sox might lose to a High School team every once in a while. Just won't happen.
9. Please stop giving out late round picks and second round picks as game rewards. Everyone knows nobody can use those. Maybe try replacing those with 100 PRIME XP and 50 LEGEND XP.
10. Lastly, please bring back the ability to block teams. There are many hacker teams that show up in bonus games and prime events. A few years ago, you let us block those teams to keep us from matching with them and instead put GLU PLAYOFF TEAMS in the queue.
11. P.S.-make JAILINGS a 3 STRIKES, YOU'RE OUT policy. Some people are jailed for no reason, others accidentally do something they aren't supposed to. Please change this to something like a one-hour soft ban, one day soft ban, then jail. I've had too many club mates over the years quit because they accidentally did something or just had too much gold.

Thanks for an overall good game. Hopefully some of these suggestions will be useful.

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Don't know why I was mentioned in the title of your post, but some good suggestions.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    @Sandpipers I mentioned you because you said you may be meeting with GLU to offer suggestions. That's all.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers you were mentioned in the title because the jig is up. We know you are GLU.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Santashelper actually it was @Houmy who was invited to the meeting, which he ultimately declined to attend. Before he made his decision about attending, he posted a request for all interested to post their suggestions for game improvements that he could table at the meeting, so myself and many others added our two cents. Eventually, during a particularly bad time we were all having with the game, company decisions, and generally feeling we were being used and abused, @Houmy decided attending the meeting would be a waste of time. All of our suggestions are sitting in this forum for company staff to read, so hopefully they will be at least seriously considered. I think that in a very few select areas, they have listened, for example, woh was dialed back a bit and there were some modest improvements with rewards in the prime events (although they massively increased the progress tier amounts to qualify which for many nullifies the reward changes).
    Great so now I am GLU @Sandpipers? Wonder if the VIP summit ever happened? If so we'll probably read about it in the VIP newsletter tomorrow. I'll update if it did.

Actually @Houmy I think Glu staff are fans of you... your campaign manager @nym5fan should come up with a viable strategy for taking over once you win your election ;)
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @houmy for president 2020!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    Thank you @Sandpipers & @nym5fan for the continued support and vote of confidence. Campaigning requires a lot of $$$ so I nominate @DFBB as my treasury as he's the one with all the gold :expressionless: 

@Sandpipers the VIP council did happen and the ones who went actually got to meet GLU CEO nick earl as well and had a chance to voice their concerns so hopefully something positive will come out of it. Other than that here is an update to CVC coming this month. 

Thanks @Houmy for the update... that looks interesting doesn't it?
    Your welcome buddy. It does look interesting. Wonder if you get bonus points for going against the tougher pitchers. 

• BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Looks like it could be interesting! Hope it includes some bug fixes! 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Interesting.

I vote a hard "no" to both targets on the field and to bobble head players. I don’t want the game to feel any more “arcade-y” than it already does.

Also... you can be jailed for having too much gold? Like what number? Wouldn’t they look into how it was acquired before jailing you?
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY not sure. All I know is last year I played a clean team 100% and was jailed. So I quit. Returned on a whim this summer. I've heard of others being jailed in years past for having too much gold from GOLD Derby. Maybe things have changed, but the jailings are usually incessant, some deserved, others not so much.