Options

Blue xp players are now more valuable than ATGs?!?! **EDIT** All is well!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited November 2018 in General TSB Discussion
Ugh. I know, I know. It's a broken record and I know that my bias is inevitably weighing on me, but really? It's so difficult to level ATGs and now....blue xp players are more valuable. When guys would rather have a Nolan Arenado or a Salvy Perez instead of Babe, Mickey, Mays, etc., something isn't right. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Will you feel different if they add a second skill to ATG?, which they probably will. Relax @DFBB.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Will you feel different if they add a second skill to ATG?, which they probably will. Relax @DFBB.

You're pretty confident in that second skill for ATGs, huh?  I hope so!  The Mick could use a WOH or late innings skill. :)

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    As @DFBB points out, they almost have too at this point. He wont get a stackable one cause hes a switch. My guess is he will have 1 of each. vs lhp and rhp
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I want to think that they will add a 2nd skill to ATGs, but I've also been wrong numerous times too. The thing that bothers me is the lack of 'order.' For example, ATGs should be the best, then living legends, then legends, then prime sigs, etc.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Any bets on what is in the WOH box on Monday!?  LOL, be patient, we'll get a fair crack at them.

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    420+ max players who only require regular XP are one of my favorite elements of the game.  I've got a few -- Turner, Merrifield, Snell, and All-Star Judge.  

Nothing is more frustrating than landing a high end player with no Prime logo and then realizing he actually does require Prime XP (I'm looking at you, Cool Shades Abreu.)

Arenado is on a whole different level for sure.  Don't have much hope of landing him since I don't roll the dice on boxes, but maybe he'll be in a WOH box next week.
  • Options
    @bigvivec I'm expecting no less than 470 max pitchers moving forward.
    @Wicked0Wildcats I've been refreshing like a mad man! I hope Arenado or Salvy is in the box!
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    All of your prayers have been answered. ATG’s second skill, this Arenado in WOH, Mickey wih a late inning second skill, etc. 
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I picked up this guy in the free gift box...He seems pretty good 😂
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

I bet my WoH struggles get a little better now! I cant stop staring in disbelief...
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    @nym5fan Nice man!!!
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Thanks @DFBB, been on such a cold streak it feels so good to get some good players. Took 32 boxes though...
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Nice pulls @nym5fan.
    i opened 6 boxes last night (after weeks without trying a weekend box) and got the C, Perez. Very happy with that one.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I got guys on 3 straight boxes this weekend, I thought I was logged in under someone elses account.
     I play on the toilet, good thing since I literally pooped my pants.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    JabberJabber Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    +1 on LIKING the high max value regular XP players.
    One of the most frustrating things about this game is acquiring excellent players, and then lacking the Prime XP or Legend XP to level them, especially up to Gold 10 (or heaven forbid, Platinum 10).

I hope they introduce more players like this.  I was afraid it would stop at max 365, and was glad to see they have regular XP players over max 400 now.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I scooped up Perez and Arenado in the last week.  It was a great feeling to be able to max them all the way to gold 10 right away.  Thank you sweet baby Jesus.