VIP Gift?

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
Any of you turn VIP recently? If so, did you get a gift bundle?

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I got VIP towards the end of June and then got the gift they gave out at the beginning of June. That may have been what happened to you here. Did you get 5 baby Hank boxes, and about 30K of each prime and legend XP?
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I didn’t get anything. Just turned VIP last week though. I could use that Legend XP!!!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I got VIP about a week ago too. They’re taking their sweet time adding me to the newsletter (took 3 days just to get a preliminary response requesting more info from me).

From what I understand, the newletter gifts are the only thing you get other than some outrageously priced subscription offers and an occasional discounted xp box in the store.

How do the newsletter gifts work anyway? Do you have to click on a link in the email to receive them or something like that? Or do the gifts just show up in your account?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No you get it on the first thurs or fri  of each month. You dont have to do anything but make sure your name is on the mailing list.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    My gift I mentioned getting was a few days after. I didn’t ask for it, but was instead just pleasantly surprised a few days after signing up for the newsletter 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Just FYI...you don't receive any gift the month that you become VIP, but you will receive a gift each month thereafter.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    I just signed up for the newsletter so hopefully I get some Legend XP this weekend. I’ve got Boog Powell to level up! LOL. 
    @LonzoBallin - gifts every month? That sounds cool. What are the monthly gifts like?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    My gift I mentioned getting was a few days after. I didn’t ask for it, but was instead just pleasantly surprised a few days after signing up for the newsletter 

And then he was unpleasantly disappointed when the gifts turned out to be just so so and THEN pleasantly pleased again when GLU made up for it :wink: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

You wont get this months as its already half way thru Nov. You will get a gift in Dec. Usually some legend boxes and 30k pxp and lxp.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Usually once or twice a month they have VIP legend XP boxes which are about 1500 gold.  Not a bad deal and much better then the other ones.  Other then that just basically a gift once a month
    Houmy said:

And then he was unpleasantly disappointed when the gifts turned out to be just so so and THEN pleasantly pleased again when GLU made up for it :wink: 

That was the worst possible VIP gift I had ever seen. Just days after getting 5 prime player boxes (1500 gold each is what those boxes costs) and 60,000 prime XP they tried to give out 3 Judge boxes (got the basic 5-star Judge each time) and 10,000 prime XP. 

They had to make that up with 50,000 prime XP then following Monday with as many people pissed as they were. 
    edited November 2018
    So how much do you get with the VIP legend xp deal boxes for 1500 gold? Doesnt look like they’re in the store as of right now.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY as I've followed so many posts on the forums I've lost track of who cycles WOH these days but if you can cycle WOH during Royale then I wouldn't bother with the VIP LXP boxes as you are likely to get more from the Royale boxes.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy I can usually get through WOH between 1 and 3 times. I am almost done with another season mode, so that’s 10k right there. 

Need 313k though :) lol
    Yeap, agreed. Royale is the place to get xp if you can cycle with ease. 1500g might get you 2 or 3k lxp. Your still better off speeding up your season mode. I spent 450g a day and bang out 24g a day. Season takes me less then 5 days to do.
    – The Great Houmy
    Just got this today from support, just as djarski had said..

Thank you for your patience. Congratulations! I'm pleased to tell you that we've successfully included your account in our VIP Newsletter. You'll receive its first issue along with the corresponding prizes starting in the early part of December.”
  • joeyg29joeyg29 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Anybody have any of the subscriptions in VIP ? That 100 a week 1 looks insane lol
    No way. I’m mentally ill, but $50 a week just to get a discount on gold and boxes?! $100 a week for the XP and gold is probably a decent deal if you spend a ton regularly, but that’s steep. 
  • jays8631jays8631 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    How much money do you normally gotta spend to get vip. 
    @jays8631 - I’m not sure, but I’ve read $818 which matches the area code in LA, California. Glu’s official response stated that there are other factors as well, which nobody really knows what that means. Long story short, probably $800 or so. 

I lost track of what I spent so I have plausible deniability when my wife asks how much I’m spending on this stupid game. :)
    Out of curiosity, what is typical for the VIP gift? Looks like last time it was 5 baby hank boxes and 30k PXP and LXP, but folks weren’t impressed with that as compared to other recent gifts.
    Wont be till next week, first Thursday or Friday of the month.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 sorry, I was asking what to expect not when :) Is it usually like 5 boxes of something and some amount of PXP and LXP? I was just asking because that was last months gifts and most seemed unhappy with that.
    edited November 2018
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Out of curiosity, what is typical for the VIP gift? Looks like last time it was 5 baby hank boxes and 30k PXP and LXP, but folks weren’t impressed with that as compared to other recent gifts.
    The reason people weren’t impressed is because they were baby boxes. The month before we received 3 of the bigger boxes (3,000 gold per box, 9,000 gold combined), and this month it was 5 baby boxes, which cost 1,000 gold. So the value of the gift was lower from the previous month 

edit: the XP was around 30K each. That won’t feel like much now as that much is exceeded on cvc by some people (yesterday I got 13 boxes, 7 Legend and 6 prime)
    @Bigpredfan thanks! I'll be waiting eagerly to get the green gift popup next Thu or Fri :)
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Maybe a VIP god will bless me before next Thursday or Friday and I can get in on this too??? Eh Eh??? Anyone??? Buehler Buehler???
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan but once you get VIP you have to then request to be added to the newsletter, which took them 17 days to add me to it, so there's no way in Hades you are going to get VIP gifts for December lol :(
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I have seen them retro the gift for guys on here that get the nod right before the gifts are given. But the likelihood of me even getting the nod is slim to none anyways... I would like to think I have done enough to be worthy, but its not up to me... :(
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan yeah, I admit that it was quite surprising to me that I got VIP. I have spent about half of what they say you're supposed to in order to get it. And I've been less than cordial to some of their CS reps (for good reason, I believe, though). Hopefully this isn't a mistake and they will revoke my status haha.