Options

WoH Batter vs Pitcher

cmorr23cmorr23 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
i only have one strong lefty batter, however my best righty batters are still 35 points higher in hit and 15 higher in power. My question is when facing say 3 Righty pitchers in a row on level 5 should I be saving my lefty batter or is a right vs right matchup in that scenario a better option?

Comments

• Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Do your hitters have any skill boosts? Factor in your hitters’ skill boosts with the original attributes; also take into account the pitchers you are facing—they may have some skill boosts too. 
    You may need a pencil, paper, and a calculator.
    You want to put the highest possible batter at each highest pitching match up. 
  • Options
    Do your hitters have any skill boosts? Factor in your hitters’ skill boosts with the original attributes; also take into account the pitchers you are facing—they may have some skill boosts too. 
    You may need a pencil, paper, and a calculator.
    You want to put the highest possible batter at each highest pitching match up. 
    So in later rounds such as 5.7-5.10 I should be focusing more in higher hit and power than I should on lefty vs righty or vice versa?
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Maximize your matchups. If Batter A’s hitting is 35 points higher than Batter B, then I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on RvL, LvR, etc.

What level are you? Bronze, Silver, Gold,...?

• Options
    Maximize your matchups. If Batter A’s hitting is 35 points higher than Batter B, then I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on RvL, LvR, etc.

What level are you? Bronze, Silver, Gold,...?

I’m Gold right now. Don’t see myself moving any further past that
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2018
    The amount of time spent going through the tiers you should try out different matchups until you find success.  Buehler last week was a RH with a LHB boost.  I ran my top LH batter against him with boosts and failed three times.  Took a run with my best RH batter who was at about the same ratings and beat him, taking only one out with no boosts or restarts.  There are a lot of variables;  pay attention to the pitchers boosts and do your best to be creative addressing each of the pitchers faced and not to play into their strengths, even if that means spending the gold and running the same player twice on one level.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I find that certain guys seem to be good or bad matchups for certain pitchers and sometimes it's hard to find a rhyme or reason about it.  

Then other times I wonder if it was just me.  I found last week that I could not beat Buehler with my maxed Prime Signature JD Martinez.  I had to use Yelich or Harper.  But then I talked to another guy who said JD was the man against Buehler.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I find that certain guys seem to be good or bad matchups for certain pitchers and sometimes it's hard to find a rhyme or reason about it.  

Then other times I wonder if it was just me.  I found last week that I could not beat Buehler with my maxed Prime Signature JD Martinez.  I had to use Yelich or Harper.  But then I talked to another guy who said JD was the man against Buehler.
    Same here. I couldn’t beat him with Mickey Mantle, so I tried with JD Martinez and failed 4 times in a row. I eventually went back to Mantle and won once with several retries. Then finally went back to Posada and he did it the first time for my second cycle. Who knows....
  • Options
    I’ve used Sig JD, Reggie Jackson, and Gold Glove ARENADO and haven’t beaten it yet today. I cycled 3 times last week against buehler
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I beat it with a 435 Max Harper the first time today and got Sig Benintendi.  Was able to level him up to Gold 8 and beat it twice more with Benintendi.
  • Options
    scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    The amount of time spent going through the tiers you should try out different matchups until you find success.  Buehler last week was a RH with a LHB boost.  I ran my top LH batter against him with boosts and failed three times.  Took a run with my best RH batter who was at about the same ratings and beat him, taking only one out with no boosts or restarts.  There are a lot of variables;  pay attention to the pitchers boosts and do your best to be creative addressing each of the pitchers faced and not to play into their strengths, even if that means spending the gold and running the same player twice on one level.

@bigvivec, thank you for the recommendation of using a righy against Buehler. It did the trick for me this week. 
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I have never been able to cycle sadly but...I farm the crap out of WOH to restock cash, bonus games, xp and Sometimes Franchise, laying low in the weeds for the day....just waiting. I will cycle this year.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.