We need IP bans!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Hacking/glitching is everywhere you look. It's become a laughing stock. Even when accounts get jailed, they simply create new accounts. Even with the refund scam, GLU appears to look the other way. I realize the season is over, but it's difficult to imagine anyone pouring legitimate money into a company that does so little to protect the integrity of it's game. Yet, people do. However, I'm of the opinion that it's not sustainable and the game we all love will suffer as a consequence. Please, consider much tougher punishments and that begins with IP bans!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    The real problem is the outrageous prices and horrendous customer service, until glu addresses these issues the demand for loaders will only grow.  Personally if I could load I would do it for free!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @whynot The problem is that everyone justifies cheating. Those same cheaters cheat everyone else out of a fair game. 
    The supply, unfortunately, is meeting demand...

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The problem and this goes for any game that is even somewhat popular is that the people hacking typically are ahead of developers on how to glitch/exploit in that particular game.  IP bans wouldn’t be all that effective either because there are ways around that as well that aren’t all that expensive for someone determined to get something they feel that they “deserve” .  I would like GLU however to at least make efforts however to combat some of those issues as it would create some semblance of goodwill that they care about the integrity of their products, especially with refund scams.  That should be easy to implement, if someone gets a refund then take away the gold that someone purchased with that said gold, and jail those found to be abusing refunds to get resources they didn’t earn.  Larger developers typically ban accounts when a user chargeback purchases made on those accounts.  I say these things even as a person largely unaffected by these other than when the CvC shenanigans were going on where teams would score huge numbers with teams seemingly unable to do so.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB and you wonder why your getting harassed by people? If people want to cheat, who cares its just a matter of time before they get jailed and if they dont who cares. If people want to pay some stranger to load or hack or whatever they do then that's on them. If there stupid enough to post online where GLU monitors it just a matter of time before it gets noticed. At the end of the day, there is no grand prize of $1m at the end of the tunnel. You spend too much time caring about what others are doing and that's why they are targeting you and "harassing" you.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Can’t say I agree with @dkarski87.  I would also love an honest app but as long cs says pound sand when the app crashes and resets your progress then glu deserves what they get, but enough harrasing guys because you don’t like their opinion.

Did he hit too close to home for you @dkarski87
    - Blueleopard
    @dkarski87 You may not care about the integrity of the game. I care. Many people care. However, you do care care about others caring? Interesting.
    As far as being 'harassed,' that's  a different issue altogether. Staying on topic, however, I've never reported a particular individual for cheating and frankly, I don't think it's necessary. I just want the cheating to stop. The only ones that can do that is Glu.
    To close to home? I've been here since day 1 and just play my own game. I dont care what others do or dont do. I've always been on here helping those that needed it and gave my 2 cents. And coming from someone that spent more money on this game then most, yea I do care that my money got spent legitimately while other do whatever the hell they do to get loaded or what not so watch you the hell you accuse. Good day to all.
    – The Great Houmy
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I wish the cheating would stop. I’ve put a lot of time into this game, and I’m being blown away by people that just load up their teams, it sucks. That said, when the choice is $130 bucks for 10k gold or $20 bucks for gold and a couple legends, it’s really a no brainer if you’re just a casual fan. This game is expensive as hell and the vast majority of people simply can’t compete by playing and paying legitimately. Obviously cheating is never the right thing to do, but the high demand for loaders is largely brought on by Glu and their prices 
    I agree with all of you, the demand for loaders and hacking was brought upon glus own actions. I just had a club mate jailed this morning out of the blue. The guy is 60 years old and plays on a tablet that's probably 10 years old. No way in hell he ever did anything wrong but yet today it happened. As it did to my 11 year old nephew a few months back. The accountability at times from GLU is very poor and many people are caught in the crossfire. So yes, it does need to stop. But the only ones that can stop it  are the ones running the business.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whynot said:
    Can’t say I agree with @dkarski87.  I would also love an honest app but as long cs says pound sand when the app crashes and resets your progress then glu deserves what they get, but enough harrasing guys because you don’t like their opinion.

Did he hit too close to home for you @dkarski87
    @dkarski87 ain’t loading. I’ve been with him on and off this year. There are several ways to win at this game without cheating. 

The temptation for cheating is there because the game is expensive. I’m a firm believer that Glu could make more money from making the game less expensive. Why would someone use a loader when the mountain of gold is $20?  People would buy more often and it would bring all the money in house. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    While I certainly have a few opinions on what's discussed here already I'll keep them to myself as that'll probably a fresh set of can of worms. I'll say this through:

1 - @dkarski87 is not a loader/hacker and if he is then he must suck at it. No disrespect D

2 - @dfbb if you want to combat loading then the last thing you want to do is post screenshots of where they can find a loader.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Cheaters have always been apart of tap sports baseball ever since I started playing the 2015 version. I feel that Glu is in bed with said cheaters to force honest players to spend all their life savings to keep up with the cheats. Come on people if Glu wanted to stop the cheating by now they would've. They would've figured something out in last 3 1/2 years but they need the cheaters. Glu has made a mess out of what could be an awesome and amazing game and the cheating mess that they have found themselves in are of their own doing. That is why I would never spend real money on this game. For those who brag about spending a fortune on this game I would keep it to yourself because it's a bad investment to invest in a company that endorses cheating but never fixes the glitchiness and crashing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cheaters have always been apart of tap sports baseball ever since I started playing the 2015 version. I feel that Glu is in bed with said cheaters to force honest players to spend all their life savings to keep up with the cheats. Come on people if Glu wanted to stop the cheating by now they would've. They would've figured something out in last 3 1/2 years but they need the cheaters. Glu has made a mess out of what could be an awesome and amazing game and the cheating mess that they have found themselves in are of their own doing. That is why I would never spend real money on this game. For those who brag about spending a fortune on this game I would keep it to yourself because it's a bad investment to invest in a company that endorses cheating but never fixes the glitchiness and crashing.
    They actually made great strides in limiting the devices per account. Hackers used to just log in to your account, now I believe they have to actually hack your phone to load. A lot of people will give a log in for the account, but the hacking of the phone is a whole other issue. That cut a lot out 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ll reiterate that in semi popular to popular games there will always be folks out there that will cheat, if the game wasn’t popular there wouldn’t be people selling ways to circumvent the pretty high cost of playing at the highest levels of this game in particular.  Glu is most likely not in bed with the cheaters as if that could be substantiated that would basically end them overnight from a reputation/financial standpoint. I will say they don’t seem to be putting enough of an effort into stopping it but that is also difficult as hackers are usually ahead of the game and can adjust as glu combats them.  This will always be a back and forth kind of thing in these kinds of games.  The cumbersome one account per device at least in the beginning did seem to blunt some of the more blatant cheating but the cheaters adjusted.  We’ll see going forward if anything gets done about it especially if a new version makes it out for ‘19.
    @Houmy As has been mentioned, anyone with access to the internet can find loaders or a way to cheat. The FB group page has over 10,000+ members and lately, it's being spammed all over their pages. The honus has and will continue to be on GLU. My attempt at 'combating' the hacking is to raise awareness. GLU knows. They've always known, but unfortunately, everyone continues to look the other way. Whether it be a lack of interest, effort, or otherwise, the status quo(cheating) has been consistent with each version of TSB because many continue to be resistant to change. I've said it before, but jailing is NOT a solution. Short of an actual solution, imposing IP bans would be a start. 
    Wow comments need to be approved.... shouldn't they be more worried about curbing the cheating or better yet fixing the glitchiness of the game rather than my comments... Freedom of speech!!! 
    Apparently it wasn't approved...this must go through a country where freedom speech is not free... the country of Glu....That'll be 5000 gold to post ... there'll be a hack for that😂
    @Toughthundercats usually if you edit a post a few times that happens.

Never edited it... Just wrote it and sent it. 
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB I know of the fb group you are referring to and the guy running it was a major loader himself in 17. As far as hackers/loaders goes this isn't simply a GLU issue and happens to pretty much to all companies so all the talk about GLU not wanting to stop hackers is nonsense (not singling you or anyone else out). It's simply not feasible for companies to do much about it other than jailing the obvious ones.

Curious where everyone draws the line?  Hacking to me is manipulating the app to do things it doesn’t normally do.  Glitching is finding an oops glu left and taking advantage of it.

Should people get jailed for doing either or only hacking?  
    - Blueleopard
    edited November 2018
    @Houmy As far as being financially feasible? I won' deny that GLU is in a difficult position. Some of GLU's biggest hackers are actually their VIPs and it's been a running joke among many VIPs that their status comes with a get-out-of jail card. However, I've played several different games and I've never experienced cheating/hacking to the level that I've seen in TSB. 

@whynot Everyone draws their own lines, but I consider hacking to be anything involving a third party. I consider glitching to be something along the lines of airplane mode abuse. Imo, both should receive bans. 
    @DFBB I know of plenty of VIPs that got jailed in 17 so no get out of jail card comes with it. You get caught, you get jailed and it makes no difference if you are VIP or not. 

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited November 2018
    IMO if a thief wants something, they'll find a way to get it, security is usually just a delay, not a stop. Like leaks in a dike, once they start it's pretty tough to plug all the holes....and it's always playing catch up. Not knowing much about the gory details of coding, I'm fairly confident that part of the reason for many of the glitches in the game is in part due to new coding methods to make hacking more difficult...but that's about all that can be done, make it more difficult. Jailing is no long term solution, but I don't know what is. I do like the idea of lowering prices to increase the volume of legit purchasers which would help thwart the desire for cheating.
    My other 2 cents is that if you're truly about the idea of integrity, than game glitches that can be exploited for personal gain need to be reported as well. For many people, integrity and honesty are 50 million shades of grey.

It's all done with mirrors
    @Houmy I personally know some VIPs that have proven otherwise. And as recently as last week. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Out of curiosity, what is the refund scam? I knew about the hacking and such.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY from the little I know, apparently there are people who submit refund claims to iTunes and I assume Google for whatever fake reason they think of and continue to play. It of course puts a cloud over those who legitimately make refund claims for issues/glitches  in the game that cost them gold or real money or have been erroneously jailed.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Cheaters have always been apart of tap sports baseball ever since I started playing the 2015 version. I feel that Glu is in bed with said cheaters to force honest players to spend all their life savings to keep up with the cheats. 
    100% with you on this....otherwise how could the top hacker clubs that post weekend scores in the billions that are DOUBLE the second place team exist.
  • marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Frankly I don't care much about it. I heard that someone gets loaded everyday and he also gets jailed everyday after event finishes. If this person feels fun playing the game in this way, just let it be. It is really hard to stop cheating but glu has been doing better each year and that is OK to me.