Skill Upgrades - resource cost breakdown

bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
This was partially addressed in another thread.  Does anyone know/can post the full breakdown start to finish for resource cost for Skill Upgrades from 1-20.  I have gotten halfway on a few players but don't know what is beyond (@10%).
Thanks

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Level 1-3 Cash, Level 4: 5 evo Level 5-7: iirc 5k,7.5k, and 15k blue exp, Level 8 10 evo, Level 9-11: Prime exp, Level 12 20 evo, Level 13-15, Legend exp, after that I don’t remember exactly but I believe Level 16 or 17 is 50 evo and the last 3 are varying high amounts of gold.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I think @DFBB posted yesterday that the last 4 levels were 1500, 3000 and 4500 gold, then lastly 80 evo. The pxp and lxp costs are 5k, 10k and 25k. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Do those costs increase as you move up tiers? Anyone know?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    They are the same. So it looks like

1-3- cash
    4- 5 evo
    5-7 are 3,000-7500-15000 blue XP
    8- 10 evo
    9-11 are 5,000-10,000-25,000 prime XP
    12 is 20 evo
    13-15 is 5,000-10,000-25,000 legend XP
    16 is 40 evo
    17-19 the gold
    20 is 80 evo
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Thanks....honestly would rather pay the gold than lxp but it is what it is.  
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Makes you wonder how some max all the skills on most of their roster and still have EVO & LXP for new players. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

bigvivec said:
    Thanks....honestly would rather pay the gold than lxp but it is what it is.  
    That and the EVO in my case.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy Lxp remains difficult to rack up, but last weekend's CvC rewards really helped. As far as evo, it has never been an issue for me. I used to get a decent amount from derby. Now, I fast play my season mode games and my club is really good at finding inactive clubs to level up for evo. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB the LXP is still hard to explain though as we all play the same game and know just how hard it is to get and until they started giving out LXP in Royale I didn't have enough for more than 2 legends in gold even with the VIP gifts. Seeing that each player requires 40K LXP for the special skills alone you have to admit that maxing just 2 players special skills doesn't leave much left for anything else no matter what tier you are on.

@Houmy I totally feel the lxp frustration. Until recently, I was extremely lxp starved. So much so, that I traded in several capped silver legends. In fact, the only legend I kept other than my ATGs was Will Clark, who I probably won't ever level. However, they seem to be loosening the reigns on things a bit. I was able to rack up a considerable amount of lxp last week, as did many in my club(thanks to cvc). 
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB yes the LXP over the weekend CVC was nice for those that got it (zero LXP & PXP for me, I let my club go for the wins instead). But that was just this weekend and even that wouldn't explain how some maxed all special skills on so many players. Just doesn't add up if you ask me.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah I opened 21 exp boxes this weekend, 12 of them iirc had lxp I got Teddy capped for today, I’d traded the other few legends I had like Hernandez, Reggie and Schmidt because I had comparable or better players at their positions and lxp is still fairly scarce even having access to high round a lot and winning on Wednesday WoH 3-4 times a week.
    @Houmy I don't see to many guys with multiple capped out players. Personally, I have both of Mantle's skills capped. I'm waiting on Weds to cap Babe's RISP skill because I expect a fan reward(speculation). It's my opinion that beyond the ATGs, it's risky to cap out skills of players who may get replaced. 
    @DFBB while we are speculating let's do so about today's WOH. GLU is not releasing it early on purpose now I think just to mess with you :wink: 

@Houmy I need to know asap if I should be excited about a potential new player. I'm playing regardless, but this affects my psyche! C'mon Glu! 

The whole skills thing though. I've actually been advising my club NOT to level one-skill legends unless that legend is needed to beat WoH(top 3 bat). Being in gold, such decisions are huge so we do our best to stay ahead of the curve.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I used almost all the lxp I won from this weekend to get Mantle’s late inning skill up to 16. 1500 gold is too steep for me though. 

My next highest skill is Posada at 14. LXP is just too tight to spend 25k of it on his skill, now that he’s my 4th best hitter.
    At this point, I'd go all in on Mantle's late innings skill. For any bat, it's a great skill, but when you factor in that Mantle is a switch hitter? It's the very best. Plus, it stacks with his vs lhp skill. Needless to say, it was a top priority for me.
    Considering that Posada is now your 4th best hitter and likely to soon be replaced(as your #4), I agree that it's not a good idea to put more lxp into him. 
    @DFBB personally I haven't leveled any skills past the 10K PXP. The skills are just another way of getting us to spend more $$$ to get resources and I only play that game so far. Honestly if GLU wanted to reduce hacking, they can never stop it completely, they would stop adding all these little "features" to get us spending more everyday for an app that has a limited lifespan. This whole new strategy they have adopted is turning more loyal players into loaders/hackers as they get fed up. 

I have myself been tempted so many times, no crime in that, to say screw it and risk hacking after having been fed up with the way GLU is doing things these days. Never did it of course as even if I didn't get jailed I knew that after a week I would stop playing as knowing I had gotten there through cheating there would be zero sense of accomplishment for me. I'll be damned if I sit there and tap all day not to have a sense of accomplishment if the outcome is positive.

I used to do it on the console games back in the day when there were no online games and it was just a single player game and that I was fine with as the games were already paid for and we didn't have in game purchases so it wasn't hurting anyone as the companies had already gotten the max they could get from me for the games. After a week or so I would get bored already having all the cool gadgets/weapons/upgrades and would stop playing the games. But as I said things were different back then as you were only playing against the computer and the cheating was only to unlock the full potential/fun of the games and not beat others through cheating.

DFBB said:
    At this point, I'd go all in on Mantle's late innings skill. For any bat, it's a great skill, but when you factor in that Mantle is a switch hitter? It's the very best. Plus, it stacks with his vs lhp skill. Needless to say, it was a top priority for me.
    Considering that Posada is now your 4th best hitter and likely to soon be replaced(as your #4), I agree that it's not a good idea to put more lxp into him. 
    I agree with the Mantle bit but have to disagree with Posada ever getting replaced. A high max switch hitting catcher? Who would you hope to get to replace him with?

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right B, A, select, start= Awesome sauce!
    @DFBB Contra did, and still does, rule!!!!

I don't mean replace Posada in the lineup, but as his 4th best hitter. As is, the difficulty ramps up at 5.7 and above. As a result, I tend to focus on my top four bats for WoH.