CVC Shenanigns

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
I’ve been playing CVC long enough to see some shenanigans. The 1pm match was weird - guy puts up 1.5 million points and had a high round of about 750k... then leaves his group. 

They won the match (he’s the only one that played in his group) but I got high hand even though I only put up 10 points (I’m the only one that played in my group).  

Not complaining as I got 7500 PXP for the high hand reward box but what is the motivation for leaving the group and not collecting high hand reward box? His team was still credited for 1.5mn points and the win. 

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @thickage I've seen that before but it was the other way around. Random team joins my club, puts up millions of points eclipsing everyone else, then just leaves. Shenanigans for sure.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Maybe they've got the Shakes.....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm not sure of the motive, but the end result is that the club points stay and thus, will create tough match ups moving forward.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    And there's your answer....
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Still, why not stick around and collect the high round reward? He got the 4000 PXP and MVP reward boxes...
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    He did collect. It’s one of those glitches that occur. Collect and leave, then it’s the next guy that collects. If ur second on both for the winner NMG team, you’d receive both rewards. This glitch works as a ladder...
    Maybe too busy sabotaging several clubs....
    @fahhq2 That collection bug hasn't worked in months.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Good to know...
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    thickage said:
    I’ve been playing CVC long enough to see some shenanigans. The 1pm match was weird - guy puts up 1.5 million points and had a high round of about 750k... then leaves his group. 

They won the match (he’s the only one that played in his group) but I got high hand even though I only put up 10 points (I’m the only one that played in my group).  

Not complaining as I got 7500 PXP for the high hand reward box but what is the motivation for leaving the group and not collecting high hand reward box? His team was still credited for 1.5mn points and the win. 
    Are you sure this guy wasnt booted?   Because or else i dont know why he wouldnt just stay to collect his prize.
    It could have been a guy who joined not knowing how that club likes to play.  Especially in the first match of the day where some clubs like to keep their rank low.  Just a thought
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Are you sure this guy wasnt booted?   Because or else i dont know why he wouldnt just stay to collect his prize.
    It could have been a guy who joined not knowing how that club likes to play.  Especially in the first match of the day where some clubs like to keep their rank low.  Just a thought
    Not likely. He was the only guy to show up for the event and play. Nobody else put up a point. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Mattattack & @thickage If he was booted then you could see who booted him in your club chat. They are probably exploiting some feature that we haven't seen yet.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

thickage said:
    Not likely. He was the only guy to show up for the event and play. Nobody else put up a point. 

Oh ok yes then that is very interesting then
    Also, if booted, I believe their CvC points stay. I'm not entirely certain, but I believe that's how it works.
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Club hopping shenanigans for sure. This guy put up 5 million and vanished from our last match against Camaro Club
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts

A similar thing happened to our club yesterday during CvC. 

We played a club where only one person from the other club participated and we destroyed them.

I also just happened to have the highest round score overall. There was maybe 15 seconds before
    the match was to end and all of a sudden, another person’s name appears as the overall winner with 1.5 Million plus points but at no point were they ever listed as a member of the other team. 

In fact, after the match, he had a totally different club name altogether.

The strange thing is, I still received the high round reward….
    How is that even possible if he legitimately scored 1.5 million points?

How did he score those points when at no time during the match was he ever on the other club’s list of participants?

I took a screenshot immediately and sent it to Glu CS. I then PM’ed the person and told them that
    what they did was a d!ck move and that I reported them. He immediately blocked me.

5 minutes later, someone (from one of his many teams) PM’s me and asks why I’m “harassing” his fellow club member and goes on to tell me that it’s totally legit and that his pal puts up over a million in points all the time. After some back and forth (not heated) he comes out and basically admits that it’s a glitch that he and others from his team(s) take advantage of and that Glu won’t do anything about it cuz his friend is a top 5 player. I told him I didn’t have any hard feelings but that I also thought it was a D-bag move to swoop in and steal someone’s rewards using a glitch. He pretty much laughed it off, said he was heated when it happened to them at first but that all the top clubs were now doing that in CvC.

I hope Glu looks into this nonsense.

• MDTerps42MDTerps42 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    How about how pathetic the matchups are becoming? Either you smoke the other club, which is boring, or you get smoked because they’re ranked 1000 places ahead of you. 

Its getting pathetic and no one has any interest in lopsided CvC matchups...cmon Glu make the CvC matches even again so the players can actually enjoy a good battle!!!
    edited December 2018
    MDTerps42 said:
    How about how pathetic the matchups are becoming? Either you smoke the other club, which is boring, or you get smoked because they’re ranked 1000 places ahead of you. 

Its getting pathetic and no one has any interest in lopsided CvC matchups...cmon Glu make the CvC matches even again so the players can actually enjoy a good battle!!!
    I cant speak for everyone but this happened to me as well yesterday.  Matchups were roughly 1000+ places apart