Would you come back/spend more money if you could keep your current roster for 2019 version of tap?

wildwillywildwilly Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
edited November 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
This applies to just getting to keep you players you currently have on your roster when 2019 releases. 

Would you come back/spend more money if you could keep your current roster for 2019 version of tap? 30 votes

Yes spend more time/ money
73%
luv4allmusikToughthundercatsBizymoney12nadeezyZaneJ78SPLENDEDSPILINTERjcrow22Judgewildwillyjays8631QCCRUSHUnlikelyWinnerTerminus2003cobratwins49jazmyn1973iwearsocksNelson11ORBBIRDSLawrence3 22 votes
No
26%
Endpointcolesyybuaya123Mulderkenshearsy88MattEngels84JahCooziedcolox 8 votes

Comments

• EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    No
    This seems silly. New players, new year. Starting fresh makes the most sense. 
  • wildwillywildwilly Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    So you ok with spending money just to lose that player when the new game comes out? I don't disagree in the rebuild part I do like that part of it but spending money your basically renting that player.
  • EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    No
    Yes I'm ok with that. I have my own issues like the difficulty to level up in diamond and the lack of evo or prime xp unless you're in a top club. But yes idc who's on my team starting over is cool for me. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I get new season, new players, and starting fresh and all that but we paid for those players so if say when a car manufacturer rolls out the next year's model they take back the car you paid for or are paying for and tell you can have the new model but you got to start at square one now and what ever payments you've made on the previous years' car don't apply. That would be a quick call to the sheriff's department or police department....that would be some kind of thievery right there. What's the difference? 
    I agree I at least think you should get to keep the players you buy even if you have to restart at bronze level with them.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Importing rosters from year to year is just not something that is ever likely to happen in any extended form, or probably ever.  Multiple games allows for multiple revenue stream, which is why if you're still in love with your '18 team when '19 begins they're more than happy to let you continue spending on that one for quite awhile, or start over with the new game as almost everyone will.  

It's just like the Madden franchise games, every year Madden players buy the new game, and the old one for the most part is discarded forever.  Could they just import all of your progress and data into next year's game?  Sure,  they could.  But it would make no economic sense to do so from their perspective.  New games are big money.  And they keep things from getting too stale.  
    I get new season, new players, and starting fresh and all that but we paid for those players so if say when a car manufacturer rolls out the next year's model they take back the car you paid for or are paying for and tell you can have the new model but you got to start at square one now and what ever payments you've made on the previous years' car don't apply. That would be a quick call to the sheriff's department or police department....that would be some kind of thievery right there. What's the difference? 
    I don't really see the analogy.  You still have the car you paid for.  No one is taking it away.  It is just outdated and now there is a new model.  It was never promised that you could take it in to the dealer to have it modified with all the upgrades that the new model offers.
    @Wicked0Wildcats your completely right from glue stand point but all I'm saying is I would be alot more willing to spend money on there product knowing I get to keep what I played for. As of right know I don't see the point in spend 30$ for a player only for him to become outdated in a few months. 
    wildwilly said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats your completely right from glue stand point but all I'm saying is I would be alot more willing to spend money on there product knowing I get to keep what I played for. As of right know I don't see the point in spend 30$ for a player only for him to become outdated in a few months. 
    I couldn't tell ya, reason #1000 I don't pay to play this game.  Freemium is a bottomless pit and once I start I know I won't be able to stop.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Actually wickedowildcats if you carefully read my post it said they take the car from you and then force you to buy a new one kinda the same with the game. You purchase the players and they force you to start again by paying for new players. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it weren't for the huge price points they charge. Kind of a dramatic analogy. People invest hundreds or even thousands of dollars into this game and what start over again? What, you can continue playing on an obsolete platform that will be no longer supported?  How about allowing us carrying over our top 2 or 3 batters, 1 starting pitcher and 1 reliever and I'm alright with starting back at bronze and then chasing to fill out the rest of the roster. 
    Actually wickedowildcats if you carefully read my post it said they take the car from you and then force you to buy a new one kinda the same with the game. You purchase the players and they force you to start again by paying for new players. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it weren't for the huge price points they charge. Kind of a dramatic analogy. People invest hundreds or even thousands of dollars into this game and what start over again? What, you can continue playing on an obsolete platform that will be no longer supported?  How about allowing us carrying over our top 2 or 3 batters, 1 starting pitcher and 1 reliever and I'm alright with starting back at bronze and then chasing to fill out the rest of the roster. 
    But again, they don't take the car from you.  It's just obsolete.  

And I think you answered your own question.  People invest hundreds or even thousands of dollars in this game.  Then the new games come out and they do it again.  Their business model is working fine for them as is.

Now maybe it's possible, sometime down the road that they will trial letting you carry one over, but I doubt it.  It's probably going to be a logistical and financial headache for them to make the old players compatible with the new game.  It sounds simple in concept but in reality,  it's not.  Put yourself in GLU's shoes as a business representative and consider these questions:

1)  How am I going to remedy compatibility problems if there are issues carrying 2018 players into 2019? How much of a headache is it going to be?  

2)  I want to attract new customers every year.  How am I going to do that when they all have to start fresh if they didn't play '18 and are immediately on an uneven playing field with those who did?  Not a good way to attract new paying players when they all start at a big disadvantage.  

3).  GLU traditionally likes to roll out certain things like Primes, Legends,  and premium XP slowly, to keep everyone kind of at the same base as the year goes on.  Now how is that going to affect the business model when you either throw all that out of whack, or let people carry over players that they can't even upgrade right away? 

4.)  Most importantly, people pay for the players and resources now, and they will still pay for the new ones next year.  So why would I change that and let you take your old ones over when I can just charge you for the new ones?

These are just a few of the many reasons GLU is highly unlikely to change what they do.  This is not a new concept, gamers in many different genres often pay for things that eventually become outdated and obsolete over time.  Simple solution if you don't like it, build your team without paying for it.  
  • GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I think starting over makes the most sense.  However, what would be nice is a trade in on the 2018 roster to use xp and evo to level up the new team.  at least this way, all of your time and money weren't for nothing.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    If this feature were the most profitable for Glu, then it would already have been implemented.
  • Dtown23Dtown23 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts

• Dtown23Dtown23 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    They are actually letting us keep 3 players of our choice. And there is an all star team. I have a friend in Canada that is already on 2019 version
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    No
    When I first learned that they don’t come along with ya(in July)I was a little upset, because I’d paid cash for some of these guys, but now, after not having enough resources to crush the game, I welcome a fresh start!