Slugger Strength

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
For those of you who easily cycle Slugfest, what is the slugging % of your lowest rated and highest rated guys? Just curious what I need to do to build that up...

Comments

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Guys still plays Sluggo?🤔
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    Guys still plays Sluggo?🤔
    I’ve heard guys swear by it as it’s an easy way to rack up PXP. I never got into it much but looks like a way to stockpile PXP without spending $
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    It was until they added the 7th level and repeated the 6th level rewards for weeks. I’ve got 3 legends sitting on the bench cuz LXP is worth not wasting/spending on sluggers...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I used to get over 200k of pxp, among other things, every Weds. The game has changed. Now, WoH is by far, the best way to build resources as well as get great players.
    Are you gold or silver?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I still play b/c I think they will eventually add legend xp.  Maybe next week since level 6 just offered the top prime slugger?  I capped eric davis but the rest of the legend sluggers are sitting at bronze 1 for me.  I think you need about 3 prime sluggers and rest 5 or 4.5 for it to be possible but with all prime sluggers it still takes a good amount of time because its 7 levels so beating WOH is the best way to farm prime xp in my opinion.
    @DFBB I’m gold and mostly leveled up. Couldn’t get past buehler the last couple times but I recently leveled up a Ted Williams 490 and a Betts w WOH and LHP skill so I think I may be able to finally cycle that.  I seem to burn through a lot of gold though. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    That's a good 1-2 combo for 5.9 and 5.10. From what I've heard, gold derby just isn't reasonable for the time being. Even if you have capped legends, it's still not reasonable.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @thickage as others have pointed out slugfest isn't really worth it any longer with the introduction of the 7th level and the Royale. Much more feasible to build your roster and cycle WOH on Wednesdays instead. But to answer your question about slugger strength below is what I have and I used to autoplay up to 6.5 and cycle with one or no gold restart at all (before the 7th level was introduced). I stopped playing once Royale started so not sure how hard/easy level 7 would be but from what I have read from others level 7 would not be that much harder. If your top 4 sluggers are not anywhere near the 230-242 range then it will cost you a lot of gold to cycle IMO.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    @thickage as others have pointed out slugfest isn't really worth it any longer with the introduction of the 7th level and the Royale. Much more feasible to build your roster and cycle WOH on Wednesdays instead. But to answer your question about slugger strength below is what I have and I used to autoplay up to 6.5 and cycle with one or no gold restart at all (before the 7th level was introduced). I stopped playing once Royale started so not sure how hard/easy level 7 would be but from what I have read from others level 7 would not be that much harder. If your top 4 sluggers are not anywhere near the 230-242 range then it will cost you a lot of gold to cycle IMO.

Thanks for posting this. I’m waaaayyyy off from that so I’ll just focus on WOH like you’ve all suggested.  Thanks again
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I would have a heck of a hard time cycling, but I can beat Level 5 without too much trouble.  So every Wednesday I knock that out between playing WOH, collect my 18,500 prime XP and move on.