WOH monster on either side of the plate for $30.00

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Couldn't resist it. Love the skills as now WOH requires so much less gold with this guy especially due to the low speed. What do you all think?

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    edited November 2018
    He's very good, but he'll never have both skills active at the same time.  For the purpose of WOH, having those two skills is basically the same as having just late innings or just WOH skill.  I'm waiting for GLU to release a guy with WOH and Late Innings skills so he will always have both skills active simultaneously in WOH.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Agree Houmy.  Love the switch hitter and skills which will be active during every at bat and every event. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @LonzoBallin I would have to disagree with the two skills needed at the same time. If a maxed 490 batter with those skills at even 10/20 doesn't do it for 5.10 then I don't know what would. I have 490 Giambi with just one skill, RHP, and unless 5.10 (If it's a righty) starts throwing curveballs he crushes it every time. I'd personally have a 490 that's boosted all the time versus one that gets boosted depending on the situation especially since they could lose some of their boost mid inning which we aren't even sure about yet.

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @LonzoBallin I would have to disagree with the two skills needed at the same time. If a maxed 490 batter with those skills at even 10/20 doesn't do it for 5.10 then I don't know what would. I have 490 Giambi with just one skill, RHP, and unless 5.10 (If it's a righty) starts throwing curveballs he crushes it every time. I'd personally have a 490 that's boosted all the time versus one that gets boosted depending on the situation especially since they could lose some of their boost mid inning which we aren't even sure about yet.
    I guess it depends on your level.  In silver, I have Mantle maxed 20/20 on both skills which stack against lefties, but only one skill is active against righties.  Against lefties, I can win with Mantle pretty regularly (stacked boosts), but against righties, I am in desperate need of a player with stacked boosts, as maxed 520 Mantle with a single maxed skill doesn't cut it.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Yea, I’m considering pulling the trigger on this one. However, he should be available to me for 19.99 (first time purchase). Is there a way to get the 19.99 price Pop-up to pop-up?

is Lindor 480 or 490 overall at MAX?
    @Thumbsters he's 490. I went ahead and got him

• JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    The skill boosts are exaggerated at higher levels.  In other words, a 10% boost counts for way more points at gold or platinum than it does at silver.  Lindor’s hit rating will be 300+ at gold and 400+ at platinum which will add 30 points or 40 points at 10% skill bonus. This essentially turns Lindor into a 530+ max player for every at bat. 
    Yea, I’m considering pulling the trigger on this one. However, he should be available to me for 19.99 (first time purchase). Is there a way to get the 19.99 price Pop-up to pop-up?
    Not that I know off. GLU has some sort of algorithm for that but I don't know what the requirements are.

Shoot. I get Pop-Ups all the time...
    now I’m looking for one, no such luck.

Thanks@Houmy
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I jumped in on this one also. A 490 guy with boosts every AB. Love it. Should be able to use him for WOH 5.10 every time with the low speed rating. Should translate to high hitting number. Let me know what his hitting and power numbers are at Gold 10 once you get there. I have to level up Mookie with WOH boost first. Lol
    Blake Snell just came out...I’m getting the first time purchase 19.99 pop-up for him. 
    I need the Lindor 19.99 pop-up
    thickage said:
    I jumped in on this one also. A 490 guy with boosts every AB. Love it. Should be able to use him for WOH 5.10 every time with the low speed rating. Should translate to high hitting number. Let me know what his hitting and power numbers are at Gold 10 once you get there. I have to level up Mookie with WOH boost first. Lol
    @thickage it'll probably be Monday before I have him maxed as I'm trying to finish another season for the EVO first as I am out of it.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL, you can be lazy and not even look at who's pitching.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Objectively speaking and all things equal, that Lindor is all types of amazing and gets my vote as the best overall SS offered thus far. In terms of WoH, whether or not he trumps the living legend version depends entirely on your roster. I will say this though: the living legend version looks way cooler. Style points matter so yeah, something to consider. #eyecandy
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well well well.... they just put out a Bryce Harper with TWO vs R skills...
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well well well.... they just put out a Bryce Harper with TWO vs R skills...
    That’s crazy! :) Up to 40% boost... and then you could add a batting boost on top of that! 

I’m guessing Glu is going to ramp up the pitchers accordingly. Our no-skill batting legends and primes are going to be useless! 
    Yep I'd fully expect WOH to become more difficult very soon. As in, legend pitcher or pitchers with double skills.
    I don't see why WOH has to be more difficult just because these "deals" are popping up. It's not like everyone is buying them.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It’s going to be very hard for Glu to put the genie back in the bottle. If WOH has been bearable for all of us with a reasonable degree of difficulty for a month now, then it will only cause anger, unrest and mutiny if its suddenly unmanageable. Especially the way the game is now built around walkoff success. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    The only reward players that are going to be worth a damn for WOH now are legends over 500 and 2 skill guys.   But after today anyone that wasn’t cycling should be with all the specials they had lol dudes probably filled their whole lineup!!  😂 WOH from hell coming soon!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    thickage said:
    Almost all pitchers.  Tricky ones like Beuhler you would still want to dance around with a batter dedicated to the the side that doesn't favour the pitchers boost.
    edited November 2018
    @bigvivec the more I thought about pitcher boosts in WOH.... I’m unsure those actually are activated. For example, Kluber was 153 when I faced him the other day. That seems about right for a Silver 3 guy of his caliber. This whole time I’ve been so worried about Buehler and his boost vs L, and yet everyone is beating him with L anyway while I’m struggling with a R hitting Willie Mays who nearly doubles his rating when fully boosted and WOH skill at 14.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    When my batting boost is active, it’s turns yellow. But when facing a pitcher, it always stays the same color. Maybe the pitchers have that skill in WoH, but it’s at a 0. Has anyone played a Match up game recently vs a pitcher w/skill and it turns yellow???
    btw...I got the dual RHP Harper and he’s batting .693 vs righties but only .517 vs lefties...