Double vs rhp skill for Bryce??

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I'm curious as to the direction that GLU will take. If they don't increase the difficulty, WoH will continue to get even easier for the guys who have stacked teams.
    We are about to get into “stupid season” with this game. As Glu nears the restart with 2019, all the things you didn’t think might happen will start to happen. 

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    The guys being offered and bought are going to be way better than the rewards in WOH so it’s gojng to defeat the purpose of even being able to cycle for players.  Guys will just cycle for he XP on Wednesday and that’s it.  
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I don't see them not upgrading the atg's again and it wont be a surprise to see the pitchers strength increase, but at some point the fastballs won't be seen lol. They will need to deal with pitch selection but not make them unhittable like those miserable days in September. Would be good to finally have called strikes actually in the strike zone and have the difficulty more about connecting properly and missing pitches that just catch the plate etc. Of course, we'll probably also see more Willie Mays catches etc.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I say if WOH gets easier for those that have bought these deals then GOOD. Let them cycle easier and get more enjoyment. It doesn't take anything away from us that used to cycle with ease if more cycle now (as long as they're not loaders/hackers). I really hope I don't see people nagging about it if WOH doesn't get harder because of this as then I would use that "Disagree" button freely. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Bigpredfan stupid season fades in and out each week ;)
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I say if WOH gets easier for those that have bought these deals then GOOD. Let them cycle easier and get more enjoyment. It doesn't take anything away from us that used to cycle with ease if more cycle now (as long as they're not loaders/hackers). I really hope I don't see people nagging about it if WOH doesn't get harder because of this as then I would use that "Disagree" button freely. 
    Oh, absolutely. I just want to managbly cycle WOH. Not even because I need the players, I mostly don’t. Just because it is the one game mode i still really enjoy. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I actually love the way it's currently set up. It rewards those that can cycle endlessly while keeping it reasonable for those without the elite bats. Add in the RNG element(boxes) and it's a win/win! Although I do miss the feeling of accomplishment of beating WoH, If I were to compare the two feelings, I've certainly had more fun spending my day cycling rather than grinding. 

EDIT:I also don't miss the stress that WoH used to cause. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @Bigpredfan, I wasn't here around this time last year. Can you give me an example of something that can be expected?
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Bigpredfan, I wasn't here around this time last year. Can you give me an example of something that can be expected?
    He means atg's going down to 1 skill and 500 max. It's just makes sense 🤞
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB Gifts galore. Everyone getting guaranteed legend picks for Twitter follower goals and lots more. GLU has got to do something to keep the interest & anticipation going for 19's release. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    RIP ATGS!!!!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
     ATGs will be boosted soon.  Eventually to 550 max or higher.  
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    So tony wonder what y’all think is coming for cyber Monday deals?
    @DFBB you will start getting gifts like @houmy mentioned. Last year free legend only picks for everyone!  This year it’s 490 blue XP players with 2 skills!  Who knows what else will happen between now and March 
    I * not tony. Lol.  
    newfy said:
    So tony wonder what y’all think is coming for cyber Monday deals?
    I’m honestly petrified to find out. These deals have escalated so quickly that 2 days later what felt like a good deal isn’t anymore. 

Buy 470 Willson Contreras with 2 skills!
    2-days later- get 490 Buster Posey with 2 skills!

buys 490 prime XP outfielder 
    2-days later- buy 490 blue XP outfielder 

hard to tell what will be a good deal in a week anymore 
    Thanks guys. Well, I'm just going to enjoy whatever is coming our way. 
    @Bigpredfan tell me about it. Got 470 Contreras and 480 Baez (PXP) and now 490 BXP Altuve is giving me the middle finger.

I almost jumped at Altuve also because I need a 2B, but thankfully a voice came into my head that said "woah buddy, you lived to tell the story the first two times, you won't be so lucky on a third..."
    Besides, we are supposed to win some players from time to time hehe.
    So, what do people think will be the reward players for Monday Woh? Will we see some of the for sale specials? 
    I'm rooting for Galvis to be in there. 
    A box with a chance at 1000 evo would be swell though, my evo got wrecked this passed week and weekend.
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    I can't see walk off hero being harder only because not everyone made those purchases or could afford to.  That would make this game based on no odds and a true pay to play format.  I know it already feels like pay to play but gold technically doesn't have to cost money.  These players cost real money and if they up WOH because if this people will quit.  I can see a world as stated before where pitch sequences may be tougher but youre right these guys are gonna break WOHand that's great for those who don't rapidly cycle.  Imagine those guys never spending a dime and living off of offers and prayer to land a Harper or Lindor like the one that was offered? I'm thankful I could just purchase it myself and make the game more enjoyable for me.  Also for match me games my rotation is all lefties now lol no cheat code players gonna school me 😂😂😂😂
    edited November 2018
    If the difficulty/pitcher overalls in woh go up, it will be because of the other players offered in game (and a little bit from the decrease in difficulty a month or so ago). The boxes the passed two weekends and subsequent woh boxes have had their fair share of 470-495 max players (and two roll throughs of atgs). These deals would just be the icing on the cake to push the pitchers up a bit.

Let's just hope we never see that 490 max 2 skill diaz capped in woh ><
    I made the big mistake of leveling my club fast this year and got screwed in events. So I went straight for diamond goat to cycle for the gold.   Also as y’all know there is not even close to enough resources for a diamond club like me to ever cap a team.    
      So,  these new blue xp 480+ players only give people like me a chance to be good again.  Since Perez , I now finally beat woh last week.  It still took 2 k gold as I must use him for 5.7-5.10.  And the 80 boost each time.  Also retry 3 times to beat 5.10.   
        On that note I really hope glu does not feel the need to up the difficulty on woh as a lot of us spent our money on these players to finally be able to win again!!!   For those who already cycle, well if they chose to buy them just to make it easier,  good for them,  let it be!!!   
        I believe woh as it is now is the perfect challenge,  hard enough to cause stress and disappointment but not impossible like a couple months ago when y’all stacked silver clubs were loosing with atg capped!!    
    @Judge I'm always pushing for ATGs, but as is, ATGs make the game extremely easy. However, everything is so watered down now. The BF players have turned the ATGs into glorified eye candy while making a mockery of the single skill legends. I certainly don't agree with the direction they've taken, but all I can really do is taper my expectations.
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    @DFBB.  Totally agree that 1-skill Legends are becoming irrelevant.  My Mickey is more than eye candy.  Lol. It has been a major challenge leveling him up at Platinum.  I’m looking forward to the bump to 530 max and hoping for some lefty WOH pitchers!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I started leveling the Garvey I won in CvC and I immediately regretted it. There will be a two skill prime better than him at 1b in no time, probably tomorrow. 

One skill legends are already almost obsolete. 
    @Judge You hit it on the nose. I'm going platty myself in about a week and it's a pain to plan around the ATGs. Meanwhile, some of the new bxp players are arguably just as effective, at a fraction of the cost. Bah, maybe the joke's on me. Obviously, I don't have to take them wth me...I just hate that I'm a slave to eye candy....lol
    @Metsicans while I agree with the Garvey point, glad I didn't get him now, I am puzzled at everyone thinking one skill legends are not as good any longer. We've all played the same game and honestly if WOH last 4 decide to start throwing curve after curve it doesn't matter how many skills you have stacked as you just won't be able to get a hit. My one skill Giambi still cycled 4 times with zero gold boots Wednesday and that's just me playing when I had time at work and didn't play at all afterwards. If you have a 480+ maxed batter then it all comea down to pitch selection and not a 2nd skill that may not even be active half the time.

@dfbb that's a lot of EVO/LXP/PXP for platinum. Make sure you haven't miscalculated.