Double vs rhp skill for Bryce??

13Next

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy I'm a strong believer that the pitch selection is based on batter vs pitcher ratings. For example, WoH is very easy for those with Babe because it's basically fastball city. 
    It's my opinion that the single skill legends are no longer worth leveling because there are many options that are considerably better, at a fraction of the cost. The great Ted Williams, for example, is almost a carbon copy of the Bryce Harper that was offered a couple of days ago. However, Bryce is bxp and has an extra skill vs rhp. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB I disagree. There have been so many instances of me getting fastballs in the morning, curves in the evening and back to fastballs at night with the same roster. We have seen no evidence of pitch selection being based on batters.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy I'm actually ready! All my derby cycles will finally pay off! If Wed's royale is the same as last week(lxp at lvl 4, 2x xp boxes for winning), then I'll be platty on the following Monday! I'll use the fan rewards to buy Mickey's evos. I have no plans to use any other legend and have a good mix of bxp and pxp players to evolve. I'm pumped!
    @dfbb but what about regular EVO? Still need a ton.

@Houmy I have almost 2200 regular Evos, thanks in large part to cycling derby(early on) and my club. We only play together in club events twice a week, but hunt evo together just about every day! I also fast play seasonals so I get 65 evos every five days. 
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I agree woh pitch selection is better with higher batter ratings.  The difference is notable. You definitely get more fastballs and fewer breaking pitches.  One skill legends are incredibly useful if leveled up but I would think twice before leveling up another.  
    Well it's easy to try. I'll try a 435ish batter tomorrow and see how different it is versus 480+. I could be wrong.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Well it's easy to try. I'll try a 435ish batter tomorrow and see how different it is versus 480+. I could be wrong.
    I tried 269 Correa last week instead of 304 Mickey or 287 Teddy. Small sample size (one attempt only) but I got nothing good to hit, didn’t score a run. Mickey was probably 50% against Buehler in contrast. Lots more fastballs. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    As a max 3 cycle guy, only a couple of times, and one who has really struggled the last 4 wohs with a 2-2 record, I can tell you that since my first cycle a couple of months ago, 95% of the time, if I don't get it done in the first go around in the morning, it will be a long day, and it will usually be mid to late afternoon before I win it. If I have an autoplay loss in the first level, I also know it will be a very long struggle to get it done and will have several autoplay losses all the way up. For the most part, I try not to spend gold on restarts, unless it's round 10 and I've been having a crappy day, so I'll do it in level 4 sometimes just to get out.
    If my "investment" makes my life easier to get it done a little quicker and a little more consistently, I'll be more than happy....hoping that my luck with the reward boxes drastically improves, sigh.
    Like others mention, I wonder what, if anything, will be done about the atg's skills and max overalls versus the pitches we face in woh. Too much tweaking of both will start us all over again on the too easy vs too hard "conflict".
    It's all done with mirrors
    I forgot to mention, one thing they did imo was to make the rewards boxes more difficult  to get someone of value....so the challenge became less about competing to win, but repeated winning to have more cracks at getting a good prize....
    Kris Bryant-146/138/92; 495 + WoH and vs LHP (living legend)(1800 gold at 1% odd)
    Kris Bryant-144/139/87; 490 + Late Innings and vs LHP- Prime($30)

The great BF offers keep rolling! At this point, it's difficult to justify buying boxes.
    DFBB said:
    Kris Bryant-146/138/92; 495 + WoH and vs LHP (living legend)(1800 gold at 1% odd)

The great BF offers keep rolling! At this point, it's difficult to justify buying boxes.
    Tell me about it. 1B is the last spot below 470 for me but not biting at that Freeman when the norm has been to release a similar or better strength BXP afterwards. Even if they don't oh well.

Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

Tell me about it. 1B is the last spot below 470 for me but not biting at that Freeman when the norm has been to release a similar or better strength BXP afterwards. Even if they don't oh well.
    Same with me, except I also need a 2b to replace 246 Altuve. Could have sprung for the 490 Altuve, but figured I’d just wait for a better offer or a good WOH. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

I still remember you, @houmy, being a bad influence on me way back when I purchased the 335 Freeman. Seemed like such a good deal at the time 
    edited November 2018
    @Bigpredfan oh yeah I remember that. To be honest though it was a rather good deal at the time. I bought Arenado then too. But then again I was drinking and playing poket at that time so....

@Metsicans a better deal than a 490 BXP? 

Houmy said:
    @Bigpredfan oh yeah I remember that. To be honest though it was a rather good deal at the time. I bought Arenado then too. But then again I was drinking and playing poket at that time so....

@Metsicans a better deal than a 490 BXP? 
    Tomorrow is Cyber Monday. Have to figure they saved something for that. 

Signature Legends are still to come, too. They’ll be in the WOH boxes eventually. 
    @Metsicans I am guessing that when signature legends are released the ATGs will get another boost. In fear of @DFBB if nothing else ;)

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    The one thing I hate about ALL the Black Friday deals I have seen for $29.99 is that for some weird reason, the batters always have more hitting than power, which is not as great for WOH.
    I mean, they are awesome players and great deals at 490 with 2 skills, even more the ones that take just blue xp, but it would be even better if their power was higher that hitting.
    That’s the main reason why I haven’t pulled the plug in any of them yet. Also the only position I have below 470 is a 430 second base, but that’s besides my point here. 
    I'm wondering again that when the Sig legends are released, and when the atg's are updated, never mind all these 480-490 guys, that the pitching numbers will have to follow suit. So if/when that happens, actual pitching difficulty to the naked eye would be off the charts...which obviously has a limit in practical terms. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how do you increase the numbers on a pitcher who's already throwing 104 mph... and how would we hit what would be difficult to even see? It would seem to me that the numbers increases would be more symbolic instead of causing an actual difference in manual game play... again maybe I'm missing something obvious?
    I'm wondering again that when the Sig legends are released, and when the atg's are updated, never mind all these 480-490 guys, that the pitching numbers will have to follow suit. So if/when that happens, actual pitching difficulty to the naked eye would be off the charts...which obviously has a limit in practical terms. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how do you increase the numbers on a pitcher who's already throwing 104 mph... and how would we hit what would be difficult to even see? It would seem to me that the numbers increases would be more symbolic instead of causing an actual difference in manual game play... again maybe I'm missing something obvious?
    I think the pitcher stuff and control will increase their overall ratings. So you’ll hit the same number of fastballs but fewer of them will go for actual hits, and/or the fastballs will be those outside the plate ones, and/or we see more of the offspeed stuff you can’t hit. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @DFBB I disagree. There have been so many instances of me getting fastballs in the morning, curves in the evening and back to fastballs at night with the same roster. We have seen no evidence of pitch selection being based on batters.
    This ^^^^^^

Play the first couple of hours after the event opens and it's easier.  Around quitting time, (5-6pm EST), the difficulty gets harder and if anything cranks up thru prime time (8-10pm).  Last couple of hours, last hour in particular it eases up again for me.  Not sure if this is the same for everyone else, Houmy's comment the first I'd heard that echoes my vague observational feelings.   
    From event opening for about a 3-4 hour window is the time period I need to be on it and win it, otherwise it gets nasty afterward. I haven't noticed it getting better late in the event but I may be too wasted by that point for it to make a noticeable difference.
    I've played WoH from beginning to the end for the past several months and I've yet to notice a discernible pattern. Again, I'm a strong believer that batter vs pitcher determines the quality of pitches I see. I recognize that there are others who don't agree with that observation.Bottom line, we all have our own bias and own observations. The fact that we can't agree on all of them is what makes the game so fun!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I've played WoH from beginning to the end for the past several months and I've yet to notice a discernible pattern. Again, I'm a strong believer that batter vs pitcher determines the quality of pitches I see. I recognize that there are others who don't agree with that observation.Bottom line, we all have our own bias and own observations. The fact that we can't agree on all of them is what makes the game so fun!
    So I don’t think you understand how this world works. When we disagree, we are supposed to never be friends again and are supposed to be mean to each other. 

Just like 2 people can look at the same picture and see different things, we all can see differences within the game. I’ve argued about things I see when others see something different. That’s what can make it fun though. 
    @Bigpredfan exactly why I've been asking for the unfriend feature. My "Arya Stark" list has been adjusted. 

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Kinda sucks when a guy goes 6 for 10 and his average go down! Such is life with the monster that Harper is!🤪