WoH for 11-26-18: Mickey again??

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats I had to send in a ticket. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Cycled 1 time so far and got Vida Blue so I can’t complain yet.  Easily beat Ohtani with Yelich.  It felt good for a change. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    One cycle only and got DJ. Been working and watching videos instead as Blue is the only one I would want and event then I would be hesitant spending the EVO/LXP on him. Thinking I'm just gonna watch videos the rest of the day to make up for the vids not loading for me over the weekend.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Got Galvis on the 2nd cycle who is the only one I really wanted today.  470 max, switch hitter, 2 solid skills boosts, and regular blue XP.  He pretty much checks every box.
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Since 330pm ottavino hasn't thrown Johnny Damon a single pitch to hit =/ only 1 cycle so far
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I've gotten Cano all 3 times lol
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 2-5 for the day so far, Cano and LeMahieu once each, DJ was a slight upgrade from ALCS Altuve so cant complain too much I guess.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    cycled for the second time now and got crappy Cano.
    I definitively think it is a bit harder today.
    But for some reason I am 2-2 vs Ohtani using Ruth. 
    Getting to 5.10, on the other hand, oh boy, definitively harder.
  • marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    It is harder than last week. 470 legend seems can't do job well after round 5 of last level. These super primes are killing WOH...
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Got Cano :(
    It's all done with mirrors
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    What's up with the fastballs speeding up at the plate with ohtani...made him unhuttable with a 317boosted righty??
    Cano was just changed to 435 max, good job glu. That's how it should have been started in the first place.
    cycled again and got lemahieu for the second time. Damn it
    Well I'm 4 for 4 on getting Cano........
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I got Mantle (who I already had), but other than that I got Galvis and Lemahieu.  Could chase Blue, but other than that not much reason for me to continue tonight.  Not that I'm complaining!
    edited November 2018
    Cano got rebooted to a 435 max with a skill vs rhp!
    Well that perks me up considerably :)
    I've needed a 2B upgrade for a long while
    edited November 2018
    Just got Cano again. That's 5th time in 5 cycles.

Come on.... this thing is stuck or something lol
    Just unreal @JEDDDOGGY
    I got Bryce over the weekend and he definitely made things easier today. I was a bit disappointed with the box prizes. Hopefully, the royale box will be good(looking at you, Mr. Mauer).
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I should’ve just stopped after 3, I went a total of 5-30 spent way too much gold and came away with Cano x4 and LeMahieu once.  Ohtani just didn’t want to throw me anything after 8:00 tonight.  He like Neris has a splitter that looks good out of his hand but explodes toward a corner and is virtually unhittable.  Maybe I’m just getting burnt out too was getting rather frustrated but stupid me just kept bashing my head in, oh well....
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Cano got rebooted to a 435 max with a skill vs rhp!
    They are a hot mess;  I had Cano from the weekend already, had maxed him out at gold 10, 370max for the weekend bonus.  Just checked and he's still gold 10 but now is 435max and not a bad selection choice at the bottom of the WOH lineup reserve bench.  I was going to trade him in;  glad I was too lazy to get around to it yet.

I cycled again 20 mins before the event ended and got Galvis this time, which is nice. I had already gotten Lemahieu x 2 and Cano once.
    At 470 max Galvis is a bit below my Ernie Banks’ 476 max but Galvis has 2 skills vs Banks one skill and besides those 2 skills would be active the whole inning in WOH (which is the main driving force of this game) as opposed to Banks RISP skill that comes and goes. Galvis is switch hitter and takes blue Xp. 
    I think it is time for Banks to be converted to legend xp and replaced by Galvis. 
    Do you guys think it’s a good idea?
    @tocopan18 Are you gold or silver? When I went gold, I traded in all my non-atg legends because I knew I wouldn't be leveling them up. Sometimes, you gotta make tough choices. If trading in Earnie can fill an immediate need, it's not a bad idea.
    @DFBB, still silver but considering the jump if only I can gather enough Xp of all types.
    The only thing stopping me right now from replacing Banks is his extra power numbers as compared to Galvis (232 vs 208). Galvis has more hitting though (221 vs 213). Now with their skills set to 10%, Galvis gets better numbers because of the stacking. 
    Not a slam dunk but switch hitter and blue xp makes Galvis more of a long term alternative if I decide to go to gold. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I cycled again 20 mins before the event ended and got Galvis this time, which is nice. I had already gotten Lemahieu x 2 and Cano once.
    At 470 max Galvis is a bit below my Ernie Banks’ 476 max but Galvis has 2 skills vs Banks one skill and besides those 2 skills would be active the whole inning in WOH (which is the main driving force of this game) as opposed to Banks RISP skill that comes and goes. Galvis is switch hitter and takes blue Xp. 
    I think it is time for Banks to be converted to legend xp and replaced by Galvis. 
    Do you guys think it’s a good idea?
    For WOH you can play both;  with bxp at stake just do it and put one on the reserves bench.
    @bigvivec, it would be a waste of bench space to keep either of them there. I have higher rated players already in bench. As it is, I barely use Banks in WOH anymore because I have 3 more righties with higher numbers.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tocopan18 I still wouldn't trade Ernie in though. If you play 19 then it'll be nice to have him for 18 nostalgic reasons. The LXP you get isn't honestly that much anyway for trading him in.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

To @Houmy's point, I wish I could buy back the legends I traded simply for nostalgic reasons. At the time, however, I was very desperate to level up Mickey. :(
    Yup, I have Scoscia and Brett who are unused entirely now. I would love the 7-8k LXP but I'd like to keep them anyway due to my player hoarding ailment LOL.