Tomorrow club contest

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
We have a club clash tomorrow. I feel like this is the new one with the pitchers.  

Comments

• Dsizzle31Dsizzle31 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Does anyone know if CvsC Advantage has any impact on the new Club Clash?
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Dsizzle31 it should because it is still CvC mode. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Game crashing with the new club clash. Lol.  Shocking. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Anyone face a club with fewer members than you have entries?  What would happen when I diamond club faces a club with only 7 members?
  • EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    omg I lost my first 2 batches of points...this garbage pile of a development staff is embarrassing and annoying
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Meh. Not liking it very much thus far.
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Does anyone know how the multiplier works? Is it based off of facing tougher pitchers?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @redlegs2018u I think I just stole the high round from you on this one. Sorry buddy :innocent: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I think new strategies will be needed for this new cvc style.
    You can prepare your lineup now exactly knowing which pitcher u are facing (R or L, which skill it has, etc.)
    Not sure if autoplay does better than manual play this way. I usually score hundreds of thousands per round and today only got like 9k in one. Weird.
    Also the starting count per batter seems to start at 0-0 instead of the usual 3-2. Am I right in this one?
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Damn the lack of info sucks, I got the same .05 multiplier for facing their top guns, thought it was unlimited entries(lack of reading comprehension). The other team had allot of 75 overall rizzo’s and Sandoval’s so I’m guessing if you don’t have 20 members they put one of those guys in place
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Ah well, this one was a little different and I’ll have to possibly change things up, I scored about half as much as I would in the other format.  My best auto play was 80k ish vs the occasional 1M point rounds I’ve had but obviously very small sample size of one game so we’ll see.
    It would be super helpful if they showed if the P throws R or L next to their name.
    I saw the instructions/info screen for a split second before the game crashed on me and I ultimately had no idea how to best approach said event. Not a fan.
    The multiplier seems to go up each entry you play. It adds in to your score after the entry is completed I believe. 

I didnt mind it too much, granted I got high round and mvp so i might feel differently later
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    So far, I'm loving the new format!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Is CVC down?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    yup gone like my ex wife+
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Is CVC down?
    It appears so.
    Lol, either there was too many crybabies or glu has the worst programmers 
    I did notice there was only one team ranked after the first round so there must be some bugs
    There were no season rankings so they shut it down. So excited for my make up gift of 2 legend picks and 3 evo!
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    edited November 2018
    In the software development lifecycle, there is a step where code is actually tested before it is put into production.  Is Glu aware of this?
    @Bigpredfan I'm leaning more towards 750xp.
    Damn 10k prime and regular xp 
  • BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Neat concept, pitchers should be list best to worst or vice versa, be cool to if they listed there 3 primary stats and arm side too! Think the gold to replay a pitcher should be higher for worse pitchers not on par, 25 gold to replay a 125 & 325 guy, no 25 gold for the 325 pitcher and 75 for the 125 guy. 
    What would make you want to go against the stronger pitchers instead of the weaker ones? Wonder if you get a higher multiplier if you play the stronger pitchers? 

Houmy said:
    What would make you want to go against the stronger pitchers instead of the weaker ones? Wonder if you get a higher multiplier if you play the stronger pitchers? 
    The few entries I played it went up by .05 each time. 
    edited November 2018
    @Bigpredfan are you referring to the multiplier? What I still can't figure out is the incentive of playing the stronger pitchers versus the weaker ones. There has to be something to it otherwise what would be the point of the new format if everyone just picks the weakest pitcher. 

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I think I read somewhere that the stronger pitchers would give higher multipliers or more points. Not sure which (or where I read it), but it makes sense. Except that today it didn’t seem to work, as usual. 
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I noticed that if the club had less than 20 members, a ~60 overall pitcher was added. Maybe it’s not about picking the strongest pitcher for a better bonus, maybe it’s to prevent people from creating their own club and going solo for rewards, while also getting people to put resources into upgrading their own pitchers