Give some better Benefits for being in diamond!

littlefirelittlefire Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
After almost half year of wasting my life away on this game for hours a day I made the mistake of going to diamond. Game play is to hard and has ruined the whole game for me. I have nothing to show for moving up other than to watch silver and gold teams be able to put up a 100x more points than me. What kind of game makes you the worst player for playing the most? 🤔😡

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    What is your team strength?
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    being diamond doesn't necessarily mean you play the most... You leveled your team the most sure, and yes I agree there should be better rewards. But every level should have better rewards... Its part of the strategy in the game, you have to know when you are ready to move on to the next tier. Sounds like you weren't ready. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    No offence but you took your benefit in the gold you got through the level up.  I hear so many newer players say that the gold was their motivation only to find out that they'd made a mistake in valuation.  The gold that you get through your levelling up could have been obtained by clicking videos while watching TV and you could have stayed silver or gold and competitive with the same compensation.  Good news is that in a few months we reset and all start at zero for 2019 and you can address all the "shoulda-woulda's" from this season then.

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    I'm definitely struggling at diamond. I have 2 guys about maxed but still with spending gold cant cycle. either way it sucks. the players in the rewards box should be higher rated for diamond than anything because of how much it takes to level up at diamond to stay competitive 
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Couldn’t agree more, the pros to staying gold completely outweigh the benefits of going diamond.  It’s not a huge issue, now I know for next year’s game, but it does seem weird that players are penalized for advancing through the game, seems like a weird model to build a game around 
    Here is how I feel about being diamond. 

I moved to diamond 2-3 months ago now. One reason I felt comfortable doing that was that they had the walk-off rewards better for diamond (2,000-5,000 cash per win and 5-25 gold per win). Now they have made it a straight 2,000 cash and 10 gold across all levels.  This is my only real complaint at diamond because it changed mid-season the exact same week I went diamond. Wish it was still the same as the beginning of the season 

If you are diamond, you need to be ready to win a playoff series each week at a minimum. That gives you 7500 gold and helps you improve your team. 

90-95% of people who go diamond will not cycle walk-off. It just takes a whole lot to get your team up there, especially with bronze 1 picks (blue XP guys take 111,000 XP to get to diamond 1 and primes/legends take 288,000 XP). The way it keeps taking new players will make it hard to stay caught up, unless you are the few who spend huge money to keep on keeping up. 

If your team strength is below 105-110 K at diamond, you should not have gone diamond. Period. Just like in real life, just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. 

Im diamond and don’t regret it. Made it to 5-9 on walk-off yesterday and keep getting closer. Thursday is my day to tap away for the club. I get a game changer and leave them at gold 10 for points for today and will tap away with 800 bonus games at my disposal. 
    I've got merrifield at diamond 7 and to go to 8 its 200k cash 2000 gold and 67xp. it's a ridiculous amount. he's at 401 now and couldn't come close against ohtani ar 402
    67k xp
    I’m aware @chainblueltng as I also have someone at diamond 7.  I know diamond is crazy expensive. But if it was easy to max you players in diamond, everyone would be doing it. It’s gonna take more than Merrifield to beat 4-10. I didn’t make it past Blue yesterday (didn’t try hard honestly). Here is what that matchup looked like for me. I probably could have made it eventually, but didn’t push the issue too hard. I will soon as I can move Davis up another level today when I beat diamond 6 again and will then also move 490 Harper up to diamond 3. I’m getting closer, but just not yet

thst matchup to me should be no question. for 5-10 581 against 402
    is it worth buying Davis?
    is it worth buying Davis?
    In my opinion right now?  No. I did it because I had 160K in Legend XP and zero legends. I would have bought the blue XP Altuve instead of I didn’t have Davis. 
    does the walk off skill boost the player that much? what is it 50%
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The BF players changed the landscape of the game. IMO, they're way too strong for what they are(prime/bxp). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    does the walk off skill boost the player that much? what is it 50%
    The 50% is 12 for each of the skills and a 20% boost. The way the math works is that it adds in a boost, then adds the boost on top of the new total. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I tap videos watching TV.....that yields 10-12k per week in gold.  So that motivation for Diamond is not there.  Larger issue and more to the point, the game is designed around WOH and being able to cycle.  The difference in the quality of the teams between those who can and those who cannot cycle is the demarcation line in both my club and the game.  Those who can have a constant supply of new players, pxp, lxp (a little bit anyway!), blue cash (stacks up after cycling a few times quickly), bxp, bonus games......basically all the resources to dominate in the club and in each event.  If you can't cycle, all this is not available and it is a struggle comparatively.  
    so as long as they have the bf players in pitching. then a max 435 isn't going to cut it? 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    so as long as they have the bf players in pitching. then a max 435 isn't going to cut it? 
    I think you need a 475 max player to cycle, with at least one active skill for 5.10 (leveled to 10 or 11). It probably can be done with less, but it will be costly and frustrating....

At this point, the only way a 435 max is going to cycle is with a good skill, and the 80 gold boost, and a few restarts. Imo. 
    I have the 2 skill ohtani at 480 I believe but the last pitchers always have a lefty skill. I'm nowhere near maxing him but right now merrifield with a lefty skill is what I'm working with. glu always throwing a turd in the punch bowl