WOH Cycling Tips?

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
Monday I beat Ohtani twice with Altuve. Yesterday I could only manage 4 runs once. I got dominated with same matchup and I had actually increase Altuve’s “Late Innings” skill by 5% since then. I went righty v righty since Ohtani has LH skill. That worked well on Monday. 

Is Weds Royale tougher than Monday? I’ve heard rumors as such and also the time of the day may even seem to matter (later in the evening is easier I’ve heard). 

Also ive heard to never swing first pitch on level 5.10. 

Any of you master cyclers out there have tips? I had a 313 hitting Altuve with 15% Late skill and I got the 20% batting boost yet he looked like a chump Weds.  

if if I go diamond does WOH get harder? 
Prev1

Comments

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I didnt even notice Ohtani skill was LH. He was kickin my ass till i got lefty Mauer after first cycle.  Mauer was 3-3 against Ohtani after that. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @thickage it really depends on what kind of pitch sequence you end up getting. I have not experienced Mondays being harder/easier than Wednesdays but I have had days where the difficulty seemed to be different in morning/evening/night. I have had instances where cycling was real easy in the mornings and would get tougher in the late afternoon/evenings and going back to easy at night.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Any truth to “never swing at first pitch”?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    thickage said:
    Any truth to “never swing at first pitch”?
    None that I have noticed.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I basically ignore pitcher skills for WoH. I'm a firm believer that batter vs pitcher ratings have a large influence on the sequence of pitches you will get. 
    As far as Mondays vs Wednesdays, I haven't noticed a difference. I cycle more on Wednesdays, but that's because I don't slow play and I spend on Wednesdays. 
    I take it you're platinum? I'm surprised that your Altuve had that much trouble with Ohtani. Be sure to max your team upgrades for hitting and get those pennants up too. Can you show your bats?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I didnt even notice Ohtani skill was LH. He was kickin my ass till i got lefty Mauer after first cycle.  Mauer was 3-3 against Ohtani after that. 
    @Probodybuilder What was Mauer’s Base hit %? Also, what skills did he have and what % were those at? Just wondering if I should just use my 500 Yelich instead of 490 Altuve at 10 Gold. 
    DFBB said:
    I basically ignore pitcher skills for WoH. I'm a firm believer that batter vs pitcher ratings have a large influence on the sequence of pitches you will get. 
    As far as Mondays vs Wednesdays, I haven't noticed a difference. I cycle more on Wednesdays, but that's because I don't slow play and I spend on Wednesdays. 
    I take it you're platinum? I'm surprised that your Altuve had that much trouble with Ohtani. Be sure to max your team upgrades for hitting and get those pennants up too. Can you show your bats?
    I’m gold 10. I’ll post some team pics soon. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I basically ignore pitcher skills for WoH. 
    Same here, @DFBB

I don't think those pitcher skills matter at all. For instance, we know that Signature Sale is 485 max, right? He's rated about what a 485 max would be at level 3 of my tier. So essentially what that tells me is that those pitcher skills are set to zero (no boost). Those pitcher skills in WOH are nothing more than just pretty little icons.

If I could only get back the amount of time I spent trying to beat Beuhler with a right handed batter before switching to a lefty... 

That pitcher vs L or vs R skill is misleading in WOH because you're still better off using an opposite-handed hitter.
    @JEDDDOGGY Great point about the pitcher ratings being unchanged! 
    I forgot to mention that I always swing at the first fastball/change up is it's down the middle of the plate.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    thickage said:
    @Probodybuilder What was Mauer’s Base hit %? Also, what skills did he have and what % were those at? Just wondering if I should just use my 500 Yelich instead of 490 Altuve at 10 Gold. 
    Mauer hit rating max gold is 307.   I had his rh skill and runner in scoring position skills at only 8 at the time. 

Invest in bonus skills for the BF Yelich. He's arguably just as good(or better?) as the Babe. He should eat up any righty.
    Thanks guys!
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I have been beating both Buehler and Ohtani with their vLH skill using Babe without much trouble, especially Ohtani, where I am like 9 out of 14. Getting to face him has been harder (5.7 or 5.9).
    So those pitcher skills are worthless in WOH.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I have been beating both Buehler and Ohtani with their vLH skill using Babe without much trouble, especially Ohtani, where I am like 9 out of 14. Getting to face him has been harder (5.7 or 5.9).
    So those pitcher skills are worthless in WOH.
    I could be wrong, but I think the skills are active and meaningful. Doesn’t preclude an ATG from winning, but it does make it tougher.  I use Mickey, but his only active skill is lhp — without the 80 gold boosts, Insteuggle to score a couple runs, let alone 5. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Sorry, meant Mickey’s only active skill is late innings unless there is a lhp. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    From sampling via other club members, more success was had with Beuhler and Ohtani when not going right at their pitcher skills;  I think it definitely plays a part.  I also think there are variables that influence the RNG engine that chooses what pitch sequence you will get for a given matchup including pitcher vs batter ratings, your level (silver, gold, etc), how long you've spent on the level (time clocking in at 5.1), ATG status (I believe that ATG's pull a better percentage of winning sequences but that could well be down to the disparity in pitcher vs batter ratings), and the boosts that you have vs the boosts the pitcher has.  When it comest to gameplay, some sequences favour the second pitch, some third pitch ad nauseum, some you pick off the first and it's fine.  Personally I lay off first pitches for the most part but sometimes it's a peach and begging to be smashed.  

For me, Monday was hard, Wednesday was easier with apples appearing to be apples.  My matchups for 5.8 and 5.9 both days were really easy and 5.10 not so much.  

One interesting loop......I used video boosts on 5.9 four times (once Monday, three times Wednesday) which resulted in good sequences for 5.9 and 5.10, predictable enough that the fourth time I vid restarted at 5.9  I knew from the first pitch I was on the same sequence and I'd beat it.  Anyway, don't shy away from using your free video restart on 5.9;  was the key for me several times.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used a righty against Ohtani (Arenado) because of the skill, and he’s also with his skills active my best rated player (11% WoH, 7% Risp).  Until I can spend more on Mauer my best lefty is Teddy at 11% vs RHP, Arenado for me with 40 gold boost is 338 overall at G 10, Teddy at 309 unboosted with skill.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I have the same 2 skill Yellich and he beats Ohtani for me, gold level as well.  Granted I may have to do video restart, but usually I get him 1 out of 2.  I did upgrade his skills a little higher, stopped when lxp is needed.

As for pitches, I never swing at first pitch.  Might just be me but it’s a timing thing, especially against guys like Ohtani that have that pitch that speeds up
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    @whynot What pennant level do you have Yelich/Brewers at?
    edited November 2018
    Yeah the double skill Yelich kicks Ohtani's butt.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah the double skill Yelich kicks Ohtani's butt.
    @JEDDDOGGY - What pennant level and skill level do you have Yelich at?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited November 2018
    My pennants for him are maxed.  And why not??  Got 6 Yelli’s after all 😂😂😂
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I bought the 2 skill harper and havent lost to ohtani yet with him for anyone that hasnt tried him yet.
    jpuck6190 said:
    I bought the 2 skill harper and havent lost to ohtani yet with him for anyone that hasnt tried him yet.
    I wish he were still available!
    @thickage pennants maxed and skills both at 12. He makes quick work of Ohtani.
    Well, I can’t wait to give Yelich a shot! I’ve got both skills up to 10 and 38/60 pennants.  All pennants I get moving forward will go to Brewers... Thanks for the input @JEDDDOGGY
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    so do the  pennants add a boost every time or just when glu make that team a bonus 
    so do the  pennants add a boost every time or just when glu make that team a bonus 
    @chainblueltng I’m not sure... I assumed it helped all the time. 
  • BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    thickage said:
    @chainblueltng I’m not sure... I assumed it helped all the time. 
    I was told the pennants boost only applies to season mode, despite the info screen saying all modes. Among some other complete contradictions. See below screen shot, response from GLU moderator..?