WoH for 12-3-18: Altuve, Altuve!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
And xp boxes too! Is it already Xmas???

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just went plat too....if I have trouble there will be tears. And they won't be the good kind. lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    2B is my only weak spot left... 

Looks like my work day is shot  :D
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Nice box I would say.
    My 1B is a 455, 1 skill legend so Votto would be a nice upgrade.
    2B I have a 450, 1 skill so Altuve would be AWESOME!!
    The rest I don't care at all (maybe Kaline)
    edited December 2018
    @tocopan18 got Votto over the weekend. He leads my team in batting average (and I have a pretty good crew now).
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Only Altuve will make my day... Fingers crossed!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ll take Votto or Altuve please.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Busy day at work so I'll depend on one of you to post last 4 pitchers please. Oh yeah and @dfbb in order this time please :wink: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Knebel at 4.10
    5.6 flaht=lvl 2; 5.7 octavino=lvl 3; 5.8 sale=lvl 4; 5.9 Vida Blue=lvl 5; 5.10 Ohtani-lvl 6!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    At gold Ottavino at 206, Sale at 240, Blue at 250, and Ohtani at 252, so far 0-2 did get the tying run to the plate but this will be tough sledding today.
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    First pull!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I am so freaking sick of Vida Blue.  I am throwing a ATG Mantle at him with both his LHP and Late Inning boosts to 12/20.  I am not sure at this point what else I can do.

Galvis solves Ottavino quite easily and Prime Signature JD Martinez solves Sale quite easily.  But I can't solve Blue.
    Cycle #3 and 8 shakes= magic!!!

Nice!  Verlander for me... bleh.  Right back to to the crap pile, Nimmo will join him after today.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Scooped up Kaline on my second cycle....I can finally celebrate Detroit 🙌🏼
    I've gotten No Shave Turner the two times I've made it through. 

I've had a real bad streak with Royale boxes the last couple weeks. Hopefully I'll luck out today at some point.
    Picked up Kaline the 2nd cycle and this guy the 3rd 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lady Luck is with me today!   Who do I even level up!?
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Had way too many 9 curveball rounds today before 3pm =/ Damon vs ottavino and Arenado vs sale have been nightmares, would hope for better but oh well. Time to quit til later, can't assume I'll see anything better now that the curveball happy hour is upon us.

Got Turner in my one cycle. Harper vs ohtani was fastball city. Happy cycling to all yall!

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Got Verlander, but Blue is being a complete biatch
    It's all done with mirrors
    Anyone else having issues with the good ol "unable to load video"? Twice it happened to me on 5.10 now. Worked fine earlier cycles.

Houmy said:
    Anyone else having issues with the good ol "unable to load video"? Twice it happened to me on 5.10 now. Worked fine earlier cycles.
    I actually clicked it 3 separate times and was able to get a restart after watching the a restart video for a 3rd time on 5.10.   It was random, but I was still able to get the restart so I can’t complain.  The funny thing is, I beat all 3 of my 5.10s after I paid the 240 gold to restart.  I always seem to lose on 5.10 unless I restart 1 time with gold.  Then I always seem to beat it.  Does anyone else ever feel like that’s the case?
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Vida is giving me a fit today. Only curveballs!!
    In any case, just cycled and got Votto, so it is already an improvement day B)

• midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    how the hell are you guys beating Ohtani? He's pitching me Like Diaz - 95% unhittable junk. Not even worth it to spend any gold with the pitches I'm seeing. I've tried Mantle, 490 Altuve, 480 Arenado, 470 Posada and I can't even get close. 
    how the hell are you guys beating Ohtani? He's pitching me Like Diaz - 95% unhittable junk. Not even worth it to spend any gold with the pitches I'm seeing. I've tried Mantle, 490 Altuve, 480 Arenado, 470 Posada and I can't even get close. 
    I've had reasonably good luck with Signature Benintendi.  2 for about 5 I think.
    tocopan18 said:
    Vida is giving me a fit today. Only curveballs!!
    In any case, just cycled and got Votto, so it is already an improvement day B)

Agreed, Blue is a huge pain in the a.....

I got Mantle up to Gold 9 and I've wanted to save him for Ohtani but I can't get by Blue without Mantle.
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    THanks @Wicked0Wildcats I'll try him next. just went 0-4 with Mantle again. about to smash my f*cking phone. 
    Today is definitely tougher than previous weeks. I've had a couple of friends do really well, but for the most part, it's been really tough.
    edited December 2018
    DFBB said:
    Today is definitely tougher than previous weeks. I've had a couple of friends do really well, but for the most part, it's been really tough.
    Yes 5.10 has definitely been tough today. Been playing on & off and managed 4 cycles so far but Ohtani is a pain today. Had problems with Vida earlier using Hank against him then I remembered Mays has the WOH skill and Vida has not been a problem since. So far 2 each of Verlander & Turner which are both trade-ins.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I definately dont have the best luck today.  I was getting thru it fine until that last cycle but 7 times thru and only 2/7 LXP.  Also 4 Verlander, 2 Turner and 1 Kaline who im not leveling.  Was just hoping for Votto today.
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Ive beat ohtani everytime i faced him the last 2 weeks. This week i cant do it. Once i get within a run its nothing but breaking stuff i cant even touch. Boosted harper 0-4 boosted yelich 0-4.