TSB18 team/progress porting over to TSB19? GLU has teased us with something

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
@manbearpuig was kind enough to post this originally and I am not trying to hijack his post. Just thought this heading may be easier to find on the forums later on. Let the speculations begin. I myself speculated from the early life of the 18 version that maybe the strategy behind the bronze draft picks was some sort of option for our teams carrying over to the 19 version and if that is the case then I am all for the bronze draft picks now. If we do carry over and do not start ourselves at bronze then GLU should really consider a team tier reset option as well for those that leveled past gold and will have no hope of catching up.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Prev13

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I JUST LOVE IT !!!!
    After all the real money investment many of us have done with our teams, it is great to know it will not die soon
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I JUST LOVE IT !!!!
    After all the real money investment many of us have done with our teams, it is great to know it will not die soon
    I think we may be jumping the gun a bit.  There is a lot of room for interpretation and disappointment here until we get more details.  A free, full import of your 2018 team into 2019 TSB would shock me.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I JUST LOVE IT !!!!
    I think we may be jumping the gun a bit.  There is a lot of room for interpretation and disappointment here until we get more details.  A free, full import of your 2018 team into 2019 TSB would shock me.
    I agree, but it has to mean something pretty good, right?  I would bet that ATGs could be made to port over pretty easily though. That would be a logical start for sure. 
    Also, I wonder if this is Glu finding a way to push all of us out of silver/gold and into the higher levels. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited December 2018
    tocopan18 said:
    I JUST LOVE IT !!!!
    Exactly. This could be something very simple as in VIP status carrying over for VIP’s to keeping one player but reset to bronze 1. The devil could be in those details we are supposed to stay “tunned” for

edit: if we were going to be able to carry our whole team over, I don’t believe the XP would be getting as more available as it has become. They wouldn’t be giving the premium XP boxes as much as they are in cvc if this didn’t reset somehow
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I am just dreading the special "18 EVO" boxes we'll have to buy to evolve players from 18 to 19. Just speculating here of course. 

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I am just dreading the special "18 EVO" boxes we'll have to buy to evolve players from 18 to 19. Just speculating here of course. 
    They had better be careful with this, something like this could potentially be worse for retention than just starting over.  I'm fine with starting over if everyone is on the same playing field.  Given the choice in 2019 of either paying exorbitant amounts to transfer my team over or having to start over far behind the curve, I'll choose neither.
    Houmy said:
    They had better be careful with this, something like this could potentially be worse for retention than just starting over.  I'm fine with starting over if everyone is on the same playing field.  Given the choice in 2019 of either paying exorbitant amounts to transfer my team over or having to start over far behind the curve, I'll choose neither.

Thats a good point. It’s all about the price point. I’d pay some money to carry my team over (or part of it), but nothing crazy. And I’m definitely not going to start behind everyone else. The first few months when we’re all building is some of the most fun in the game. Not so much if I’m getting slaughtered by monster bronze and silver teams. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m hoping it’s just as simple as a player being transferred over and restarted at bronze 1.  There are so many little things they could make us pay for to get single players over or our whole teams that it could be a disaster.  My thinking would be let’s be able to pass over a couple players and our VIP status.   Glu thinking is lets charge everyone a separate amount to pass over each player to the new version (depending on how high their overall is) then we’d all have to remortgage our houses lol.
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    hopefully everyone is overthinking this. I  think pulling a core set from 18 or depending on your level give 1 or 2 guys maxed tier to build around 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Whatever they're planning, how far they going with it, as long as current players have enough options to choose a path they want to take, then the disappointment may be minimized. One size fits all never really does in fact fit all. Many of us having been hoping for this idea to come, let's hope it now meets with our minimum expectations. Eager to know the rest of the details :)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I can’t imagine they’ll let players transfer while staying upgraded, seems like too much of an advantage over new teams. I’d be happy being able to keep at least a handful of my best players, but knowing Glu it’ll be something much more convoluted than that 
  • Gîl_GaladGîl_Galad Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    At this point i don’t see any problem to transfer the teems « as is » to 19.  The game is now a weekly app.   Every week there are bonus points for a fifteenth version of a player.  Just thinking that glu would have to find new versions of players every week from day 1 would be fun to watch.  There are always a catch with Glu.  Don’t forget, Glu is on stock market.  They will and they need to make more money next year.  I am guessing they will add evo tokens to go from 18 to 19 and  a few 100$ later you are go to start.  But they need to find a way that’s going to be fair for starters.  humm, let’s speculate. Imagine if glu put in the store complete teams for sale and at different levels.
    Let’s say a gold 5 stars team for 200$. That would balance more the game for the 18 and new 19 teams. Well it’s just speculations, we will see.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I really doubt any player transfers are in the cards....as much as we’d all like that.  I envision the cryptic message translating to clubs remaining at current levels, individual levels remaining the same in response to so many of us stating we will start fresh and not go past bronze/silver for the first few months. Dark clouded pessimism yes;  I just can’t see any so called concession given that doesn’t benefit the dark empire.  We will get the “gift” of no team reset, start at our current level (gold for me) and have to draft up from zero which will at the least keep everyone where they are rather than allowing all the play and diamond guys to rethink things and start over.
    how can you keep your dominance if you start at zero? there has to be something there
  • marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Thousands versions of bonus players make importing players from 2018 to 2019 doesnt have too much advantages. It might help woh but that's all. Newbie who has bonus players can easily dominate your 2018 dominance in other events. 
    Let’s start with what would make us happy. First, I’d like to be able to carry resources over — gold, cash, xp, etc.  I suspect this would not happen because they want us to spend money on new resources. 

Second, I’d like to carry over my ATG. Those guys are huge investments. It makes sense to let us keep them. But the 2019 evo idea makes me ill, it will be expensive. 

Third, carry over of our “core” players, as chosen by the players. Similar to ATGs, we can get to keep our favorite guys. There would be a cost here too. 

Fourth, complete team carryover. I’m not a huge fan of this idea because it makes team building obsolete. 

Fifth, gifts that correlate with your team strength. Like what they did last year, basically. It has to be more than this given their advertisement of the new carryover benefit. 

Other ideas?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Speculation is fun but personally I'm gonna try and refrain too much for now.  Too many sccenarios some of which is are very positive or some which can very negative.   Like pay X amount of dollars to import my Babe Ruth but he starts at Bronze 1 and theres no available LXP for months.  Just gonna try not to expect too much just yet.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’m hoping it’s just as simple as a player being transferred over and restarted at bronze 1.  There are so many little things they could make us pay for to get single players over or our whole teams that it could be a disaster.  My thinking would be let’s be able to pass over a couple players and our VIP status.   Glu thinking is lets charge everyone a separate amount to pass over each player to the new version (depending on how high their overall is) then we’d all have to remortgage our houses lol.
    Your VIP status should be fine.  From what i've heard that stays with you.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I may be in the minority, but I enjoy the "freshness" of a new season. I like building my team from nothing to something every year. Also, for a minute we get to compete with the @Houmys of the world. It starts to get boring for me this time of year when my team is almost complete. I love it when my top row of WoH changes because I have exciting new players. Wouldn't mind if the new players start at my current level. One reason I won't move past Gold this season. I remember @Bigpredfan quitting near the end of 2017 because all his players were totally maxed and the game left no challenge. I may never have the time or money to get to that point, but it's hard to get excited when your new player has five points max over current player. I love landing that 1st 5 star, or the 1st Prime of the year. Still waiting on that 1st Legend. 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    That being said, I'd be cool if we could transfer one or two players, but not the whole team. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I may be in the minority, but I enjoy the "freshness" of a new season. I like building my team from nothing to something every year. Also, for a minute we get to compete with the @Houmys of the world. It starts to get boring for me this time of year when my team is almost complete. I love it when my top row of WoH changes because I have exciting new players. Wouldn't mind if the new players start at my current level. One reason I won't move past Gold this season. I remember @Bigpredfan quitting near the end of 2017 because all his players were totally maxed and the game left no challenge. I may never have the time or money to get to that point, but it's hard to get excited when your new player has five points max over current player. I love landing that 1st 5 star, or the 1st Prime of the year. Still waiting on that 1st Legend. 
    I got bored for sure at the end of last year. I wouldn’t mind bringing over 3 players (1 blue XP, 1 prime, and 1 Legend)

I would love it if I could stay at diamond 6. And have the new players start at diamond. But I’m just crazy that way 
    I hope they give us the option to carry from 1 to all our players....from reading previous comments there's a variety of positions on the carryover aspect, so leave it to the gamer to decide how many he/she wants to bring over and how many new ones to chase.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Thing is, as much as we would like to carryover players, how would it work?  Part of the game is the progressively increasing max levels of players, release of primes then legends then this year the two skill players and BXP stars.  How could you throw high max level players into the mix?  To that end I can't see player porting as being the big secret.  Leaning more towards club levels and individual team levels as being the "gift" borne of dominance.  Otherwise new players couldn't compete and WOH would be cranked up according to max case scenarios of those who carried players over.  
    if the keep me at diamond and take all the players, how would you compete? its already hard enough with diamond players
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    If they allow you to keep players and everything reverts to Bronze 1 you would still need to build them up and spend gold, xp, evo etc. Which is where they will make there money. You all remember how scarce PXP and LXP were earlier in the season, imagine you carry over legends, ATGs, and Primes and there isn't PXP or LXP in sight. Only way to get it is buying boxes or "Specials". That could be the hook they are trying to get you to bite. 

You would still have the thrill of the chase for new bonus players, I don't see them changing the weekly model like someone else mentioned as well. It wouldn't make sense to stay at your current Team or Club level... You would miss out on all those resources and rewards from building? That seems like a poor trade off. Yay I am Gold but I have no resources to take my now Bronze 1 players up to my level... 

I could see club level staying the same, but again, how will they compensate for the lost rewards and resources from building up the club? There was a lot of Evo gained from this. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am taking this teaser with a liberal dose of salt... I am not expecting anything major that will make the majority of users any happier. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    All speculation at this point and whatever this thing is I am sure it means more profits for GLU but building on what @nym5fan said maybe this is the reason we are seeing so many 5 star and lower prime discounted boxes now. Boxes that unless you just downloaded the game you'd be crazy to spend gold on but would benefit you right out the gate in 19.

I recently bought an iPad and of course loaded tsb on it, mostly to see what would happen between gifts and gold promos etc to build a team. In less than 2 weeks I have a team that rivals what I had in 2 months back at the start of the year... and haven't spent a dime.
    Keeping this game relevant year round to current players and enticing new players to get onboard should be a major goal, while reducing costs by not rebuilding the wheel every year. If keeping some or all of your current roster is in the cards, then I think the logical thing from a revenue perspective would be a reset of the xp/evo leveling of each player and team tier. However, we've been surprised with the companies moves before, so who knows what will hapoen.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I actually saved some boxes from last week's Royale that I finally opened last night. I pulled Hank and my first thought was to get him to b10 and trade him in because I simply can't afford to do it the 'normal' way because I'm in platinum. However, then a friend reminded me that I should wait for more details about the carry-over. Here's hoping that we get some details and soon!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Luckily our ina's are pretty deep I almost have a good team there over my current roster with some tweaks, if they do they do...at this point im done spending for the year. My wife already thinks I have a mistress but its a game...she would BE MUCH HAPPIER..if it were a woman.

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.