Anyone regret going platinum? Diamond?

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
After selling three of my children I am nearly leveled up across the board - both pitchers and hitters - and the thought of going to platinum makes me cringe. I mean - I’m going to have to grind for months to level up my players again. 

What the real issue boils down to is newly-acquired players start at bronze level 1.  The thought of having to bring them level to platinum or diamond from bronze really sucks.  Nothing worse than a solid prime player sitting inactive until you can get a million XP and EVO tokens to get them to your team’s current level.  

That said, anyone sticking at gold level to avoid those shenanigans? I’ve seen many folks in this forum who have regretted going to diamond. Anyone also regret going platinum?
Prev13

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Dont leave gold, you wont be able to  acquire new players and make them effective in your line up. Season done, play out the rest of the few months in gold. Not worth moving up for the same rewards as everyone else.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • littlefirelittlefire Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    No incentive at all. I deeply regret it!!
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Season done, play out the rest of the few months in gold. Not worth moving up for the same rewards as everyone else.
    I’ve only been playing for about 3 months. What happens to your club when the next season begins?
    Start all  over again. Good bye team
    – The Great Houmy
    What? So all this money I’m pumping in is basically wasted?! Ugh. 
    yeap
    – The Great Houmy
    Wow. I didn’t know that. Depressing, really. I’ve spent so much time on this game. And it’s basically going to be wiped off the face of the earth. Damn.  
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I've stayed gold and still focus on events so I've got some pretty decent signature primes and legends sitting on my bench. I've been thinking about sticking with 18 next year - if it's like 17 the game will continue, but there won't be event bonuses, which means no event boxes to buy. My thought is to hustle to diamond at that point and then build my team by cycling Diamond 6 for resources. Maybe that'll keep me from going so crazy with 19, unless Glu is willing to make changes. It really doesn't make much sense to play a new season for the first couple of months because those players are useless quickly. I like playing the game, and building teams, so this might be a way to do so with a team I've spent so much time and money on.
    Well you never know, lots of changes since 17. Maybe  they will allow users to take their teams into 19 as per their strategy of starting players from bronze 1. Who knows, but I highly doubt it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I've just spent SOOO much money this year that I'd like to get more enjoyment, I guess, out of it and building my team, but in a different way, after the active season is over is one way, and I'm hoping it'll help me be more patient in 2019. But things do change - and I'd welcome something carrying over - after all, VIP did for many from 17 to 18.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Honestly If I had the EVO for 2 each primes and legends as well as 5 blue xp players I would jump to platinum right now. The only way I see myself to stop spending. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I went platinum around Allstar break and happy I did...kept me from spending and going after primes and legends. Just about got everyone leveled..but it’s also allot easier getting xp now
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Platinum and Diamond both, I bought her a nice diamond in a platinum setting and I regr......Oh wait you meant the game, yes that too. As of this weekend I finally got rid of my "Normal" blue players and got blue's with skills and I actually sit at a higher skill than I had with a couple of primes. That I couldn't level up. Now...DO I need 4300 Gold and 670 Evo sure, but who doesn't at this point in the year? I will say I have an account I use on my ipad and I've done nicely by not spending a cent, however I don't play that account that often, I appear to be a glutton for punishment and have a need to throw money down a pit. (hence the nice ring and diamond) Ok im going back to my hole now.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    (Warning: multiple sentences starting with 'and' and 'but' approaching, also awful grammar inbound)

I regretted going to platinum before the all star break. But as someone above mentioned, being platinum makes the temptation of spending on most things moot, so I think it saved me more than it hurt me. No potm/potw, no weekend boxes, no fan rewards. I can cycle woh now 2-8 times per event without gold, and my team destroys cvc, and that's all I really care much about. 

So did I regret it? Yep. But do I regret it now? Nope, very happy with it.

The only things I dont like is that slugfest is impossible, but now that I can do woh on Wed who cares about slugfest lol. And I kinda wish I could have a legend in my lineup, but I'm kinda scared to spend 300k lxp on one when woh gives me a better one every week.

My 2 cents, I wouldn't have minded still being gold but being platinum was personally better for me and my wallet.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don’t regret going diamond, but before you make that choice you have to know what you want to accomplish in the game. 

I wanted the free 7500 for the playoff wins. I had basically already given up on derby and knew that I would be sacrificing walk-off for a long time (although I’m starting to get close again) 

Prime events and bonus games are now not an issue. Diamond 119K strength those aren’t a problem.  I haven’t tried to streak past 25, but know I could. Maybe I’ll try that soon. 

I saved some players who were blue XP. Those blue XP players make it a whole lot easier. Considering it takes 87K for a blue XP from gold 10-platinum 10 and it takes 180K+ for a prime. 

Its really about what events you want to play. 
  • forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    I jumped to diamond fir the gold as well and now I'm about to get the big evo at 6 I'll be back to competing in woh. you'll just be down for a while but not out. look at it as the mid season grind. at this point with a new version coming soon it may be best to stay away if your competitive right now
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I just cycled Diamond 6 for the first time and got the big evo payoff.
    Question is - did they take away the free 200 bonus games?
    Weren't they previously part of the reward?

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I went platinum last weekend and I'm loving it. Most of my friends and club mates are gold and I wanted to be different. I had the resources and with careful planning, I was able to make a smooth transition.
    Once Lxp was added to level 4 of WoH and the prize increased to two boxes, I decided to make the jump. I'm having quite a difficult time leveling up legends, but I'm still able to instantly cap new primes(not sure how long that will last) in part because I've been very selective in who I level up. 
    My CvC scores are now respectable and I'm crushing bonus/prime games. WoH, fortunately, has been about the same as it was in gold. All in all, I'm quite happy that I made the move. At this stage in the game, for me, it's all about 'dolling up' my team and the platinum shine was definitely a step in the right direction.  :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    How does being platinum or diamond reduce the need to spend? I would think you'd have to spend more. 
    @JEDDDOGGY I think because it's difficult to level up the bonus players for just one day, it's a big reason to hold off on boxes altogether.
    @DFBB gotya, so you just contribute to your club in other ways then? As in kicking butt at CvC and getting everyone PXP?
    @JEDDDOGGY We only play together on Mondays/Weds so it works out. 
    That is the diamond 6 rewards. No more bonus games as playoff rewards. Tournaments is where I get all my bonus games from, and a few from walk-off
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Same here Pred..  I just farm on mondays and wed's now because I cannot seem to cycle..so its build up and shut up for this Diamond dude
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    I get about 100 bonus tickets on Monday and through tourney and woh wednesdays I get 150 because most of the boxes they give me chuck e cheese coins. so it takes me a minimum of 2 weeks to cycle 6. 
    edited December 2018
    @chainblueltng man that sounds like a slog... I am unsure why I have the urge to move to gold tier even. At silver tier, I’m cycling WOH as many times as I please, can level up bonus players for my club, can level up the new players I get. Which is crucial right now, since they keep coming out with better players on a weekly basis it seems. We now have blue xp players that are 480 to 500 max and have two good skills (Yelich, Harper, Arenado, Perez, etc).
  • MattEngels84MattEngels84 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I’m diamond right now And I wish I never would have left gold to go to platinum or then onto diamond. Really no incentive to do it because EVO comes by so scarce each player takes 100 just to go from plat to diamond. I can’t even afford for my guys to go from gold to platinum. Stay gold at the latest until they come out with a better incentive than 2x event points
    edited December 2018
    I’m diamond right now And I wish I never would have left gold to go to platinum or then onto diamond. Really no incentive to do it because EVO comes by so scarce each player takes 100 just to go from plat to diamond. I can’t even afford for my guys to go from gold to platinum. Stay gold at the latest until they come out with a better incentive than 2x event points
    If you go diamond, you have to be cycling diamond 6 for the 650 evo early on or you will struggle. I have over 5,000 evo and diamond is not a problem when you have that. Evo is less scarce for diamond teams than any others 

take yesterday for example. I had a game changer and plenty of bonus games. I won 625 of them to make it to the playoffs. That’s 7500 gold, cash, and 650 evo. I also got the 400K strikeout achievement, 25,000 blue XP from picks, and 400K in cash from the bonus game rewards. It was a great day and I couldn’t do that anywhere but diamond. 

Note: I was at 8,000 gold, then I spent a good bit upgrading a legend and Harper. 

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    I really get bent over on tournaments. everyone says the just get bonus tickets and I struggle to 
    I really get bent over on tournaments. everyone says the just get bonus tickets and I struggle to 
    When I first went to diamond, those franchise coins that were worthless were actually useful for tournaments. I would get 2 franchise primes and the tournaments became a whole lot easier