Is it time for ATGs to get a new boost?

tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
i think they should give ATGs another boost up to lile 530 or more. 
I just noticed that in the legends box for sale they have a 510 Trout with 2 skills, which is way too close to the 520, 2 skills that ATGs have. They were supposed to always be way better and this Trout is too close in my opinion.
Prev1

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Once they started releasing all those Black Friday Players a couple weeks ago it really watered things down.  My guess is they get another boost soon.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The biggest difference between ATGs and some of the more recent players is the cost to level them. And that's a shame. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The biggest difference between ATGs and some of the more recent players is the cost to level them. And that's a shame. 

Mickey Mantle is purely eye candy who cost me 7k gold. He’s marginally my best player but in season mode, for example, he never puts up the best numbers, he has trouble with Ohtani when my other guys seem to do fine, and frankly he’s probably worse than the Yelich and Harper whom I could have bought on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (taking in to account skills). It’s just not worth it. And I was sooooo excited to get him too. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Yeah, I've got Mantle to Gold 10, but never again.   If I ever get another ATG, they get traded right back in for EVO.  If lightning strikes twice,  then ok, I'll invest the legend XP, but not all the gold that is needed for the EVO again.

The irony is I could have done this with Mantle who I won twice in a week.
    @Metsicans Imagine doing that in Plat man. I'll admit that I'm a sucker for eye candy, but I've invested so much in them that could've been spent elsewhere....all for a bit of shine?? lol
    DFBB said:
    @Metsicans Imagine doing that in Plat man. I'll admit that I'm a sucker for eye candy, but I've invested so much in them that could've been spent elsewhere....all for a bit of shine?? lol
    DFBB how much ATG EVO to go from Gold to Platinum?
  • Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats it’s 150 evo for platinum entrance, 300 for diamond
    ATG EVO *
    As @Bizymoney12 mentioned, it's 150 ATG Evos to go from gold to plat(I spent a little less than 60k for both Babe and Mantle). On top of that, as you know, lxp is 1.5x the rate of regular legends. Honestly, even if they get bumped to 530(likely given the pattern), I still don't see much separating them from the BF guys like Yelich, Trout, and Bryce. Recent guys like the LL Trout and War legend Mathews are both arguably better too. :(
    550 would be impactful, but doubt it goes there. I have mantle maxed and just maxed Aaron. In gold ofcourse. Have 93 tokens for mantle built up in case I move up 
    DFBB said:
    As @Bizymoney12 mentioned, it's 150 ATG Evos to go from gold to plat(I spent a little less than 60k for both Babe and Mantle). On top of that, as you know, lxp is 1.5x the rate of regular legends. Honestly, even if they get bumped to 530(likely given the pattern), I still don't see much separating them from the BF guys like Yelich, Trout, and Bryce. Recent guys like the LL Trout and War legend Mathews are both arguably better too. :(
    Agreed, I saw that Mathews and shook my head — two active skills for 5.10.  Will be gunning for him on Wednesday I bet. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I am guessing they'll get a boost once signature legends are released. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy I heard that the beta version for '19 is expected to be released in Feb? If so, they need to hurry up with these ATG boots. I need more powah!!!  ;)
    edited December 2018
    The Votto LL has a higher hit and the exact same skill as the Babe. 🙄 #atgboost

Also, Votto is awesome, but a living legend? How long before the Yasmani Grandal living legend?
    Metsicans said:
    Also, Votto is awesome, but a living legend? How long before the Yasmani Grandal living legend?
    I mean at least Votto has HOF credentials, so I'm good with that.  

To me any legend should either be HOF material or borderline, and any living legend should either be HOF material or on pace to be.

Joey Votto fits the criteria.  Chris Sabo and Brett Boone do not.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    If Votto played somewhere other than Cincinnati on mostly bad teams, he would be viewed a bit more favorably and as such if he puts up a few more years like he has throughout his career he might hear his name called in Cooperstown.  Now Sabo and Boone? Lol nice players but nowhere near legends.
    If Votto played somewhere other than Cincinnati on mostly bad teams, he would be viewed a bit more favorably and as such if he puts up a few more years like he has throughout his career he might hear his name called in Cooperstown.  Now Sabo and Boone? Lol nice players but nowhere near legends.
    I agree on Votto, I just view “living legends” as a notch above. If I was making the selections, living legends (active players) would be Trout, Kershaw, guys I’ll be telling my kids about. 

Totally agree that some of the legend choices are odd too. Sabo, Orlando Cabrera, there are some strange ones out there. 
    All the Babe owners in my club are now using a two skill guy(BF Bryce/Yelich/Trout.etc.) over Babe at 5.10, Myself included. :(
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    DFBB said:
    All the Babe owners in my club are now using a two skill guy(BF Bryce/Yelich/Trout.etc.) over Babe at 5.10, Myself included. :(

any reason in particular? I mean, unless the stats are almost equal (and you just want to try a diff player) or both skills are active at all times.
    @tocopan18 Having both skills always active is huge for WoH. Also, there's stil some uncertainty as far as whether or not the RISP will activate mid match.
    I see your point
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I believe there is a difference that is not as apparent.  I believe that ATGs get a premium slot in the RNG algorithms and if you have one you will have a better chance of pulling a winning sequence in WOH and in hitting bigger numbers autoplay in CvC.  
    @bigvivec I posted this in another thread, but my final numbers today vs Jansen:

Babe-10 for 26
    Bryce-9 for 16. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I'm not saying, I'm just saying 

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I'm not saying, I'm just saying 

I don’t really have a dog in this fight since I don’t have an ATG yet, but in my opinion they should be a minimum of 25 max overall points higher than anyone else. 10 is too close 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I pulled hank yesterday and would have jumped for joy if I pulled trout instead, the cost to cap him in platinum would never be worth it...for such a minor increase....you add late innings and make him a 530-540 then I would definitely think about it.
    Agree. They will probably boost them up soon.
    @whammo911 Agreed man! I traded in my Hank as well. Also, have I mentioned that most in my club no longer use Babe at 5.10 against a righty??? Lol