Options

Helpful Suggestions To Improve Game Experience

Realto619Realto619 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
  1. START DIFFERENT LINEUPS AGAINST RIGHT- AND LEFT-HANDED PITCHERS: It's awesome that you guys gave us the ability to customize the batting order a while ago and to allow us to hit batters in a different order depending on if the starting pitcher was Right- or Left-handed. What would REALLY be awesome is if we could start different **players** vs. Right- and Left-handed pitchers. That way you could load up your lineup with as many Right-handed hitters as you have on your roster against Chris Sale or Clayton Kershaw or load it up with Left-handed hitters against Jacob Degrom or Cory Kluber. Then you might want to pinch hit more often when an opposite-handed pitcher comes in in relief.

2. DISPLAY PITCH SPEED BETWEEN PITCHES. In order to be able to see the speed a pitcher is throwing currently, I have to take a pitch so I can try to catch it for the half second it displays. If it was displayed the entire time between pitches until the next one is about to be delivered, you would have a better gauge on how much earlier you need to swing to make contact on some of the guys that throw it at 104+ MPH. That's how they do it at most ballparks that I've been to (4 all together).

3. DISPLAY THE TIPS THAT FLASH BY AT STARTUP LONGER: The tips that you guys have put together are really helpful. If you can speed read as the startup screen loads. If you could display those longer so people can actually read them, that would be awesome, especially for newbies trying to get up to speed when they start playing the game. Or maybe make them available at another location.

4. FIELDERS NEED TO BE SIZED MORE TO SCALE: Right now, they look like they're at about 80% of the height they should be. The field dwarfs them by comparison. The hitters and pitchers are more realistically sized, but still a bit small.

5. FIELDERS NEED TO BE LEFT-HANDED WHEN THEIR REAL-LIFE COUNTERPARTS ARE LEFT-HANDED: The pitchers are left-handed when appropriate, so the fielders should be, too. I realize this may have an impact on the size of the game, but as long as it doesn't compromise the speed of play, I think it should be considered. I just can't get used to seeing Anthony Rizzo taking throws at first base wearing a right-handed glove. When he pitches in the Walk Off events, he's left-handed...

6. SOME PITCHERS MAKE PITCHES THAT DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS: Like the ones that are headed straight down the middle and take an exaggerated left or right turn right before they reach the batter and wind up 10 feet wide of the plate? Not even knuckleballs behave like that and DEFINITELY not at that speed.

7. TOO MANY DRIVES GO STRAIGHT TO A FIELDER and they don't even take a step: Sure, that happens occasionally in the game. But not twice an inning, four innings a game. More animations are needed for lateral movement (for outfielders especially, but infielders as well).

8. RUNNERS NEED TO TAKE SECOND ON THROWS HOME: When a throw goes home to try and catch a runner trying to score and there's a batter just rounding first base, sometimes that runner needs to advance to second base. That happens all the time in real games.

9. REPLACE STARTING PITCHERS SOONER: When a starting pitcher is struggling in the first five innings, players need to be able to replace him with a reliever after an inning where they give up several runs. I actually think that you may have already adjusted this recently, because I seem to be having more oppurtunities to pull a starter when he's getting shelled more often. But if that's not the case, then it's definitely worthy of consideration.
 Changes that would help the morale of the paying public:

• EVO TOKEN SYSTEM NEEDS OVERHAUL: Be less stingy with EVO tokens or don't require so many to many to level up players. Right now I think 5 of my players need 50 EVO tokens to level up, but when I spend 300 in gold on them and I get 2 lousy tokens? That's extremely infuriating and I wind up closing the game for the day and I don't come back. I understand that you guys need to make money back on all the programming and marketing hours that have been invested in the game, but it's things of that nature that turn people away from the game and give you the kind of reputation that I'm sure you don't want. This also applies to XP. When I spend 500 in gold and I get 500 Prime XP, that's another thing that turns people away from the game.

• BOLSTER GLU'S IMAGE: I'm not sure how much you guys monitor the chat rooms, but there a lot of players that have a very negative view of Glu as a company. I think that is largely due to the issues in my previous bullet point. You guys do a great job of giving gifts away when people return to the site after having been away and I think that's what keeps a lot of players playing. Don't change that, believe me.
But overall, I love this game and I think you guys have done a great job with it. But like everything else in life, it either gets better or it gets worse: nothing is unaffected by change. So please take a look at my suggestions and implement any that make sense or aren't too difficult to put in place. I'm a web developer myself, so I know what's involved in making enhancements to a site (or app, in this case). Some enhancements require a lot of changes to work and others are much simpler. Take the low-hanging fruit now and save the harder stuff for the next major release in 2019.

Comments

• Options
    kpspunchingbagkpspunchingbag Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Your pm sucks. It’s not fun having  to rewrite a message several times especially when it’s not an inappropriate word. If you’re gonna call someone by their nickname on news , let me write it on pm. Scooter isn’t bad. Scooter. Scooter. It’s easy and quick to write it here. Scooter scooter scooter SCOOTER!