How do you hit the sweeping curve???

ripoolguyripoolguy Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
this pitch doesnt even cross the plate most times but is still called a strike. Its impossible to beat WOH without hitting this pitch. How do you hit it???????

Comments

• PilgrimPilgrim Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Also new. Have no ideal. 
  • largemonkeylargemonkey Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Swing late. Like you're going opposite field.
  • SPLENDEDSPILINTERSPLENDEDSPILINTER Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Swing late as possible preferably for the pitch to be on the outside of the plate is impossible to hit them all
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I swing as late as possible. Usually results in fouling off the pitch. If you're lucky enough to foul off two or three in a row, I find the next pitch will be hittable.
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Ncslugger5Ncslugger5 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Foul them off until you get a fastball, usually after 3-4 I get a fastball. Swing late though and hopefully you’ll hit a bloop over the first baseman
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    if only to foul them off was easy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Easy answer is you dont.
    If you get a sweeping curve over the middle of the plate then you can hit it.   If you dont luckily the next pitch is usually either a normal fastball or a ball so you can walk.

However if you see a curve that clips the corner you may as well not swing.  That AB is over
  • MattEngels84MattEngels84 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I usually swing late and it still misses most times. I’ll get a hit now and then. When I swing way early it’s a pop out 99% of the time and foul so.... it’s basically luck at this point
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Like Pedro Cerrano....Poorly
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    in early levels curveballs are hittable (sometimes) depending on the batter rating and luck. I have had many HR and everything below with them (and thousands of failures, of course). In the last 3 rounds of levels 4 and 5, forget it. It is almost an automatic out but, I try to hit it anyway cause even if I get a dumb fly ball, potentially the field could commit an error which counts as a hit (or double) for us. It almost never happens but you never know. Most the time is just a straight forward K. 
    I know that rarely if you don't swing it could be a ball and you get a walk, but it is so hard to let a pitch pass by you and not try to hit it. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Bizarre thing yesterday in woh, Ryan is throwing me curve after curve, round after round, but I actually connected with one for a homer to send me to Snell....which I didn't get so lucky with lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    From personal experience in WoH regardless of pitch in the first 4 rounds i swing if its over the plate... curves for homers happen alot. As long as your batter rating is high enough compared to the pitcher you are facing. When i get to the later rounds of 5 the curves are a no go. I can usually tell by the pitches if i have a chance to win or not. If you get those curves in numbers dont waste your gold it aint happenin.. multiple times ive faced 100% fastballs on 5.10 cycle no problem first try. Then the next time through i start getting less pitches to hit. Sometimes the game makes it very obvious if its gonna happen or not. If they want you to win you will. If not youll get the curves.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    You can also tell sometimes if you foul a slider or curveball off whether that at bat has a chance, if you’re hitting a foul ball HR or hit it really sharply a fastball or a ball out of the zone will be coming likely that turn.  The slider/curve we do something with is a “hanger” and will split the heart of the plate, if it hits a corner then wait for 2 strikes and if you can move a runner over or get one in on a sac fly or ground ball try to make contact then.  Lots of times with a runner on first I’ll just take strike 3 to stay out of a potential DP.
  • deshaldyldeshaldyl Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    It's all about TIMING. The general rule is lay off the breaking pitches, but, if that is all you are seeing, then try to make contact and put the ball in play. I've hit these breaking type of pitches hard and deep and alot of HRs. 

Bottom line - lock in the timing to make contact.
    HRS4YESHUA
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    deshaldyl said:
    It's all about TIMING. The general rule is lay off the breaking pitches, but, if that is all you are seeing, then try to make contact and put the ball in play. I've hit these breaking type of pitches hard and deep and alot of HRs. 

Bottom line - lock in the timing to make contact.

There are some curveball/slider sequences that can’t be hit no matter the timing. My experience has been almost exactly as redlegs laid out, and I play a lot of WOH. Too much, probably. 
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Too much WOH?!?!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If a pitch is on the corners for a strike, your best hope is to advance the runners. I don't believe you can hit into a DP against those 'unhittable' pitches. However, if there's a runner on 3rd, tie game, and less than two outs? I always take the 3rd strike because swinging away will result in a pop up or your man at 3rd getting thrown out at home. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.