Rearranging relief pitchers changes your team strenght?

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
edited December 2018 in General TSB Discussion
Have a look at the video below and let me know what you all think. I flip Diaz & Miller in the RP1 & CL positions and somehow my team strength changes even though it is still the same pitchers in the active roster. And then if I change Diaz to Trenien the strength changes again even though both are at the same total numbers/max with no special skills. Doesn't make sense to me.

https://youtu.be/YlLwb9FsQ0g
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Doesn't make sense at all...
    You should hire yourself out to the company for more of those instructional videos, doesn't seem to take you any time at all, they on the other hand....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers me, you & @nym5fan will make it happen in 2020 buddy.

Also forgot to mention it only happens with relief pitchers from what I have noticed and doesn't happen with my starters or batters. 

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Also forgot to mention it only happens with relief pitchers from what I have noticed and doesn't happen with my starters or batters. 
    I have two skill Mauer starting and Posada on my bench (active but not starting). If I flop them, my team strength lowers. 
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    That is crazy! My team strength increased 1000 by swapping my SM and RP1
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Now the next question, since we don't believe there's any real difference in performance, would a lower team strength strategy help with wins?
    It's all done with mirrors
    @Metsicans are both Mauer & Posada same max with skills at the same level? 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This is GLU's way of saying that only Sm and closers matter.  ;)

@Metsicans TS is all about bonus skills. Every point into a batter's bonus skill is worth 180 points. In comparison, max levels make just a marginal difference.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Weird, i noticed that just today when i used an unleveled sig prime Miller for the event, as closer.  From rh1
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I feel like my team strength changes randomly anyways... even if my lineup stays the same for a week some days i get on and im 122k others 124, up to 126k i dont know whats up. Its never more than a few thousand but still odd.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Posada is a 276, Mauer is a 275. Posada has one skill at 14, Mauer has two skills at lower levels. So not completely identical but pretty darn close. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @jpuck6190 I think that has to do with the starting pitcher next up in the rotation. It happens to me all the time as well...
    @jpuck6190 any gamechangers on your rostet? That could explain it.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Houmy said:
    The big difference in overall team rating is the extra skill.  A boost to 8% of the extra skill Mauer has over Posada would mean his contribution value would rise more than 1.5k.
    Now the next question, since we don't believe there's any real difference in performance, would a lower team strength strategy help with wins?
    I have heard several theories as to how this applies to CvC....higher overall team strength means an advantage according to one club mate who does better than the rest of us in CvC.and has experimented with different setups.  He also says there is an advantage to dropping strength going into the weekend prime (now) then after the event starts and you officially bracket yourself by either playing a game or just opening the compete tab, you then build your team back up to streaking strength.  Seems to work as I’ve done the same sine and have finished 1 or 2nd in my bracket every week since with a lot less effort than previously spent to the same ends.  Seems to affect the level of comparative teams that the computer brackets you with for the individual prime chase.
    Also, I found earlier in the season when my team had a more varied level of ratings across positions (some stars, some superstar PotW/POTmssome average and a dog or three) ...I found that dropping stars for bonus games and tournaments (typically more competitive matchups than opening rounds of prime events) I found that it improved win ratios if the teams was more consistent in ratings than the results I would get with one or two superstars peppered in the mix.  
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @jpuck6190 any gamechangers on your rostet? That could explain it.
    Every now and then for the bonus but i think @fahhq2 nailed it the 1-2k point difference is most likely my startjng pitchers which range from 263-271.
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    My analysis of the change in RP's and not SP's is that an SP regardless of SP1 or SP5 is going to pitch the same number of innings. 

Where an RP1 and a SM may not. The RP1 will likely pitch 2 or 3 innings at times while and SM will only pitch 1 inning if that. So I think they adjust team strength on the RP's based on how much they might pitch. If you have a stronger pitcher with more skill pitching more innings your team is stronger for it right? 

Not sure if I am making any sense or have this completely wrong. But this is how I justify it in my brain. (if I have a brain). 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    edited December 2018
    @nym5fan what you said makes the most sense except where I swapped Diaz or Hand with Trenien, in the same spot, from inactives and while all 3 are 355 max with no skills the strength changes again. It goes up when I put Trenien in and his ERA is almost double that of Diaz or Hand.

@Houmy I can't justify or apply logic to that.... lol
    edited December 2018
    @nym5fan don't get me wrong buddy & 2020 running mate I like your explanation the best but that would assume that the developers put some real extra though into that while not fixing/enhancing other areas that would be much more useful.

Not a jab at the developers either as despite some of the annoying bugs I still think of this game as a really well put together app for a freemium game and hopefully they will improve on it even more in future releases.

@Houmy it is definitely quite the assumption that they would have thought about and executed that logic to the RPs lol. 
    I def agree with you that it would be odd they put that detail in, where they could have enhanced other areas that would be much more meaningful to users. Who knows.... It is Glu after all, and as Blueleopard has said before, they do love keeping things a mystery ;)