Is Bret Boone worth the 30k gold in fan rewards?

lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
edited December 2018 in General TSB Discussion
Debating on getting him. But not convinced he would be great in woh. I already have gold glove arenado maxed.

Answers

• lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    edited December 2018

Not convinced....autocorrect...
    Not convinced....autocorrected to coined 
    Not convinced....autocorrected to coined 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Personally,  I don't believe the 30K in fan rewards is worth chasing at all, but that's a different story.

Looking at Boone...righty bat, good but not great max, good skill boosts for the top levels of WOH.

Still, I would not.  If Arenado is already your top dog you should be looking for a top lefty or switch hitting bat to complement him with.  Boone is too redundant with the Arenado you already have, you need someone to attack those dreaded RHP righty bat killers that you often see at 5-10.
    Thanks @Wicked0Wildcats that’s what I was thinking. Just wanted a second opinion!
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Not to mention they give you another second baseman at 20K....like, really??
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited December 2018
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I used to be really amped about fan rewards, but the game has shifted and it's now all about WoH. Imo, WoH is by far, the best way to spend gold. That said, Brett isn't an elite bat for WoH. Your gg Arenado is superior and as mentioned by @Wicked0Wildcats, your biggest needs appears to be someone that can mash rightys.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I used to be really amped about fan rewards, but the game has shifted and it's now all about WoH. Imo, WoH is by far, the best way to spend gold. That said, Brett isn't an elite bat for WoH. Your gg Arenado is superior and as mentioned by @Wicked0Wildcats, your biggest needs appears to be someone that can mash rightys.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    No thanks.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    No thanks.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If you want to spend gold during fan rewards wait for signature legends and spend all 30K on LXP boxes. Nothing else is worth it, especially weekend bonus players that would be useless after the event.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy signature legends???
    edited December 2018
    Houmy said:
    If you want to spend gold during fan rewards wait for signature legends and spend all 30K on LXP boxes. Nothing else is worth it, especially weekend bonus players that would be useless after the event.
    IF I was going to spend 30K gold in a weekend, that's probably the way I would go.  But this illustrates my opinion of why Fan Rewards is obsolete:

Take that 30K gold, and buy 60 legend boxes.
    Assume probably an average of 1500 LXP per box,  that 30K gold would net you 90K LXP, plus the Fan Rewards player.

Or, take just 10K of that 30K gold, and invest it into whatever you need to cycle as many times as you need on Monday and Wednesday.  I cycled 7 times yesterday, and used about 1500 gold for boosts.  So assume, very conservatively, that I could cycle 10 times if I used 5000 gold each time for boosts, restarts, etc.  So I have 10K gold and use 5K for Monday and 5K for Wednesday, and I cycle 10 times each day.   Combined on those 2 days I would net:

-  20 pulls on the WOH box with as good or better players than Fan Rewards

-  180,000 LXP (assuming 50/50 pulls on the premium XP box

- 265,000 PXP

- 60,000 RXP

- 2.6 million cash 

- 20 legend picks, 40 prime picks

And you still have 20K gold, plus whatever you net on the individual round rewards for WOH.

This to me is a total no-brainer and why I strongly feel that Fan Rewards are a mirage.  Almost all my pulls from the premium XP box yesterday were LXP.  Even though I didn't have a great day getting players,  I netted about 100K yesterday in LXP just from 7 cycles, which is likely more than someone who blows 30K gold on LXP boxes.  And I spent 1500 gold.  
    Houmy said:

IF I was going to spend 30K gold in a weekend, that's probably the way I would go.  But this illustrates my opinion of why Fan Rewards is obsolete:

Take that 30K gold, and buy 60 legend boxes.
    Assume probably an average of 1500 LXP per box,  that 30K gold would net you 90K LXP, plus the Fan Rewards player.

Or, take just 10K of that 30K gold, and invest it into whatever you need to cycle as many times as you need on Monday and Wednesday.  I cycled 7 times yesterday, and used about 1500 gold for boosts.  So assume, very conservatively, that I could cycle 10 times if I used 5000 gold each time for boosts, restarts, etc.  So I have 10K gold and use 5K for Monday and 5K for Wednesday, and I cycle 10 times each day.   Combined on those 2 days I would net:

-  20 pulls on the WOH box with as good or better players than Fan Rewards

-  180,000 LXP (assuming 50/50 pulls on the premium XP box

- 265,000 PXP

- 60,000 RXP

- 2.6 million cash 

- 20 legend picks, 40 prime picks

And you still have 20K gold, plus whatever you net on the individual round rewards for WOH.

This to me is a total no-brainer and why I strongly feel that Fan Rewards is a mirage.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Very good analysis @Wickedwildcats19247 The only other thing I would consider is if it is your favorite player and you really want them for the team.  It is usually low percent to get that player after they are out of fan rewards.  I spent the gold to Scossia a while back because I didn't have any good lefties to get through WOH, and at that point I needed him to cycle.  I normally only have time to cycle 2-3 times on mon or wed.  I wouldn't do it again unless they had a really supersized Mike Schmidt (I have the one from the legend box), Pete Rose, or Kal Daniels (not really a legend but better that Sabo and Cabrerra).  I doubt they would, but I would also consider it for an ATG, using the gold to buy their evo.
    edited December 2018
    duplicate post
    edited December 2018
    not sure why is duplicated my post
    Very good analysis @Wickedwildcats19247 The only other thing I would consider is if it is your favorite player and you really want them for the team.  It is usually low percent to get that player after they are out of fan rewards.  I spent the gold to Scossia a while back because I didn't have any good lefties to get through WOH, and at that point I needed him to cycle.  I normally only have time to cycle 2-3 times on mon or wed.  I wouldn't do it again unless they had a really supersized Mike Schmidt (I have the one from the legend box), Pete Rose, or Kal Daniels (not really a legend but better that Sabo and Cabrerra).  I doubt they would, but I would also consider it for an ATG, using the gold to buy their evo.
    I'm a big Brewer fan and I couldn't care less about how many Brewers I have on my team.  From my perspective I guess I don't know why anyone does, everyone's roster is just a mashup of every team anyway and they all pretty much look similar as far as appearance and uniform in the game anyway.  

That's just me though, I really don't care.  If I had a choice between a 500 Yelich and a 510 Albert Almora with better skills I'd take the better player every time.