Options

WoH Royale for 12-19-18: LL Votto!!!

Comments

• Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Well well.well - i did not think this guy would do it as he is a righty - cruised through with no outs..... go figure. My Mantle couldn't get a hit!
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I tried Altuve vs Ryan, big mistake.  I didn't see so much as 1 hittable pitch in 2 rounds even boosted.  Going to have to stick with Mantle, I think.  
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Well well.well - i did not think this guy would do it as he is a righty - cruised through with no outs..... go figure. My Mantle couldn't get a hit!
    @benny100 What did you have Trout's skills leveled to?
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    got Giraffe in first cycle. Piece of garbage
  • Options
    Lol - me too Giraffe - only playing for lxp really. 

Thickage - i have trout at 10% on both skills and used an 80 boost - but prob didnt need to go 80 - didnt want to not do it on first try
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    This is getting stupid. I get the feeling I spend more time on this than the developers; sucking any joy out of it by jacking up the odds since Black Friday. 

Took me 1-1/2 hrs to get back to Ryan. Most of that time on 5-6 - 5-8. Went 1-5 and pulled second turner. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @stevebalboni I'm on my 3rd Turner already lol
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    6 cycles in, all 'bad' players, but even worse, 4 for 18 on lxp boxes. I realize this is definitely a first world problem, but yeah...sucks. 😟
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Dont know how you guys doing this.  0-6 mantle vs ryan.  Havent really even had a chance.  Havnt missed one fastball that ive seen. Which hasnt been many
  • Options
    Ll trout is killing 5.9 and 5.10 for me

2nd loop and got this guy.... now i need 100k lxp
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Two cycles - Suzuki and giraffe.  I might have to switch over to slugfest
  • Options
    @Probodybuilder It's more ideal to have a guy who's skills stack against the pitcher. I'm using BF Bryce(2x skills vs rhp).
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @DFBB you sure you aren't using GG?? I'm 0-8 with Mantle and 0-7 with Trout. all with 80 gold boost. out over 2000 gold and only close one time. I don't see any way it's possible in 3 hours to have already cycled 6X especially against these pitchers today. Super frustrating. Cycled 10X last wednesday with ease. 
  • Options
    Gaylord Perry throwing me the kind of stuff you see only in nightmares. I'm 3 for 4 against him so far, but he is scary.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I managed my first WoH win in platinum and I’m pretty happy about it, so far 1 for 3.  I pulled Suzuki which was pretty meh but was pretty damn happy to win in the first place with only 4 platinum bats, though they’re very good ones.
  • Options
    Just got my 4th Turner in a row. At least he's leveled up some?
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Nolan Ryan is almost unbeatable. I’d think you would need bf Harper or Ruth. 

If if anyone has success with teddy ballgame, please let us know. 

Mantle 80g boost at gold level (409) is not worth the cost. 

Pulled turner whome home I already have 
    I was 1-1 against him with two skill Teddy, it never got to two outs. Could just be lucky though. 
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Just got my 4th Turner in a row. At least he's leveled up some?
    Do what I did and turn him in. My second cycle I got Giraffe and third I got Torii. Had a kept him, I'm almost betting I'd have three Turners. Worth a shot if you don't plan on using him for the Bonus Game club bonus...
  • Options
    @thickage my club is in 1st place right now so we are playing for points. I might be due for a reboot of the app or something though LOL.
  • Options
    Perry has a weird pitch.  Splitter, cutter, spitball?  It's tough to track, but not as hard to hit as you would expect as long as it doesn't paint the corner.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    @DFBB 0-8 mantle. 0-3 mauer with rhs
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Probodybuilder Unfortunately, you don't have the ideal bats. You can still do it, but you just have lower odds. I'm finally hit the inevitable rut. I was 7-1 vs Nolan, but just lost four straight. Cycle #8 has been tough and has also included my first L at 5.9(my fault, bad timing).

@MIDNITERIDER When everything goes well, you can do 20 minute cycles.

edit: Also, I don't think you know how GG works. Those guys get the woh prize for beating 1.1, 1.2, etc etc. They don't even have to play.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Is it worth trying the 470 max blowout boost Muncy, the RISP boost 485 max sig Benintendi, the WOH boost 470 max switch hitting Galvis, or the 475 max stat Votto with double RISP boost?   Those are the best lefty options I have besides Mantle.  I'm tempted to try a boosted Votto, but it's a big deal not knowing if the RISP boost will actually activate or not if I get runners on.

Everything up to 5-10 is a cakewalk, so I'm thinking I should just stick with Mantle.
  • Options
    @Wicked0Wildcats On paper, Mantle seems to give you the best odds. However, guys who are using him today aren't exactly crushing. I definitely don't think your other options are better. Hopefully, rng is in your favor soon. GL man!
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    OK I HIT A SLOW FUCKIN LINER AT CHAPMAN AND I GET TRIPLED UP? **** OFF
  • Options
    I've come to a conclusion that glu is a fuckin bitch.
  • Options
    Heres the thing: everytime your at bat starts with a fastball, you only get fastballs. Curves? only outside/inside fastballs and unhittable curves. Scripted? No way its not.

• Options
    DFBB said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats On paper, Mantle seems to give you the best odds. However, guys who are using him today aren't exactly crushing. I definitely don't think your other options are better. Hopefully, rng is in your favor soon. GL man!
    Thanks @DFBB.  I'm 2 for 10 today, so I can't complain too much, at least I'm cycling.   It's just a lot tougher time on 5-10 today.  I try to time the video continue so it's available for 5-10 as I refuse to buy continues.
  • Options
    I'm in the camp that believes that skill boosts activate and deactivate as the situation dictates.  I do notice a difference with the RISP players when a player is no longer in scoring position, especially with Votto which would make sense since he's a double skill, both RISP.
  • Options
    gaylord perry today is pretty gay.