What am I doing wrong??!?!

2Next

Comments

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I went 0-10 yesterday using Eddie Matthews who has both skills to 16% and active putting him at about 408 hit rating. Any reason he shouldn't have beat Ryan at gold level? 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    That's shocking @nym5fan! Did you boost on top of that? I'm really, really surprised. Your Mathews is better than my Bryce and he went 3 for 7 with the 80 gold boost. I assume pennants, team upgrades are capped too? If so, you got me man. That Mathews is arguably the best vs 5.10 right now.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I should've just Od'd on cough meds
    It's all done with mirrors
    DFBB said:
    That's shocking @nym5fan! Did you boost on top of that? I'm really, really surprised. Your Mathews is better than my Bryce and he went 3 for 7 with the 80 gold boost. I assume pennants, team upgrades are capped too? If so, you got me man. That Mathews is arguably the best vs 5.10 right now.
    Upgrades are capped. Working on Pennants just went Gold a few weeks ago. But I had them all capped in Silver Tier. So min is 40/60. I did not boost, I never felt that really helped in the past, but Monday I'll give it a go. I have great hitters for RHP and LHP. So cycling shouldn't be a problem. I cycled 3 times Monday. Started going for club pts but prob could have done 5 cycles. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I do splurge for the 80 gold boosts. Extremely noticeable difference in my experience. As in, difference between not being able to beat it at all and cycling 18 times. 

Yes, I am convinced it makes that much of a difference. :) 

I tried using no boost or just video boost a couple times yesterday just to be cute and it didn't end well.
    Why didn't you share this information sooner @JEDDDOGGY???? We're in the same club man, help me help you! lol
    @nym5fan You should still have decent success with just a video boost, but with the rewards being what they are, it's my opinion that WoH is the best way to spend gold. Trust me, I used to be allergic to spending on WoH, but now, I don't even hesistate to spend on a boost at 5.10. Gold restarts, however, that's another story. Unless it's at the very end and I'm feeling frisky? No thanks! Ha
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    LOL @nym5fan of course! I did know you guys were having difference experience with it and seeing improvement with no boosts, so I figured it might be like CvC where it just doesn't really make any sense haha.
    @DFBB and @JEDDDOGGY I will boost 80 gold on 5.10 Monday and let you know the difference in success. If I am goldless and cycleless at the end of the day... please donate to my GoFundMe drive I will start to help replenish my stash :)
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I just went plat the other day so Wednesday was my first WoH in that division.  Other than the middle of level 5 where I had some tougher matchups, I noticed that my mileage was somewhat similar to what I’d experienced before.  11 of my 12 batters are 470+ overall with Gallo at 490 and LL Trout at 510 are my best hitters.  I don’t even have either guys pennants capped or upgrades capped to plat yet.  Trout won about 75% of his matchups with Verlander, I only went 2-8 vs Ryan, 80 gold boost with Gallo so I had a healthy 540-341 advantage in overall rating.  My hill to climb was Mauer vs Perry I struggled a bit there.
  • GoJays61GoJays61 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts

@redlegs2018u if those players are capped, I'd go mauer vs Verlander, gallo vs Perry, and the Trout vs Nolan.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think the reality is its going to be tough if you dont have two skills that stack and use gold boosts.

Yesterday was the first day where I felt the difference between 40 and 80 made a big difference.
    First time thru I used LL Trout (both skills at 16%) with a 40 gold boost and got no hittable pitches, video restart with 80 gold I beat it with only 1 out.
    Second time thru with Babe (Capped RHP and 14% RISP) I did 40 gold boost and got no hittable pitches again and got thru on the video restart again with an 80 gold boost.  I used 80 every time after that.  Ended up going 15/26 against 5.10, 15/24 while boosting 80 gold
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @NAPREDATORS46 that's the thing. The folks I do see that are beating it once or twice actually *are* complaining about the reward. It's December 20th- 90 percent of people don't need a prime 1B or 375 max Catcher.

That's the problem. Literally nobody is happy that is playing the game.

People that can't even beat it once aren't happy, well, because they can't beat it.

People cycling 20 times aren't happy because they just get the same junk players over and over.

People cycling 2-3 times aren't happy for the same reason, and they're even more unhappy, because they are slogging at this all day just to get a couple chances at a reward and don't get the meager satisfaction of racking up 100k LXP if they don't get a LL or ATG.
    The thing for me isn't the rewards. I'm very club based so on Wednesdays I'd like to cycle for a few rewards and Xp then on to contributing to my club.  Alot of players like myself no longer can even have the satisfaction of winning.  I get the gripe for the players like yourself who are so tall in stature the rewards become meager and lame compared to the guys you are rocking! And kudos to you for building such a great team at that.  If you see my OP... My prime realmuto catcher needs help lol as well as most of my team being max 435.  These rewards are definitely worth it for me player wise, but also allows me to help out my club.  I feel so useless on these days just cause I can't help them in any way other than non bonus wins and streaks.  
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I assume you did the 80 boost too? If so, I would expect you to have better results than 1 for 13. This is my Babe and with the 80 gold boost, I went about 50%(15-29) yesterday. @Mattattack also has Babe's vs rhp skill capped at 20 and he was close to 70% with the 80 gold boost(he's also gold like you). 

I did the 80 gold boost about 9 times. It worked the first time, but not after. I never had any real issues getting to Ryan. Kaline had Perry’s number.