Options

‘17 Game “Ultimate Box”

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,788 Posts
This popped up in ‘17 Game for 1000 gold. Interesting.

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Wow. Worst case you get 50000 Legend or 75000 PXP!  I would pray to NOT get a player...
    p.s. Judge couldn't hold a candle to Goldschmidt so not sure why his hit rating is so much higher... :)
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    What are the odds? I don’t even have ‘17, just curious
  • Options
    Looks like '17 was a much better app. Those guys are already gold leveled.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    When did all these guys become switch hitters?
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    thickage said:
    Looks like '17 was a much better app. Those guys are already gold leveled.
    In 2017 TSB, if you got a new player as a gold team, and your club was Gold or higher, your player started at Gold 1, not Bronze 1.  In addition,  if you had a player at Silver 10 and received him again as a duplicate, he would automatically evolve to Gold 1, no EVO or Gold needed.  This would be a huge help these days in WOH and give incentive to cycle.  

It's a change that really wasn't talked about at all but it was an enormous change.  2018 by contrast is clearly designed to hand out very easily acquired eye candy players and make their money on the obscene amount of resources that the game requires simply to level up a single player from Bronze 1.
  • Options
    Ditto!
  • Options
    This whole app seems like a social experiment to me. Spend hundreds of dollars with no chance of financial reward in return, make user grind everyday for meager non-monetary awards, and force user to buy gold to acquire resources to level up players, only to offer another version of player next week. 

What I REALLY don't understand is how guys are spending hundreds of dollars to get these rental players / POTW, Game Changes, etc. to level them up and ultimately throw them away the next week. That's the biggest hoax of all. Seriously, a guy spends $200 to buy enough gold to rip open game changer boxes to use over the weekend - and, if he really grinds and his team follows suit, he might tier out and get 200 gold and 2500 legend XP in return. Um, 20,000 gold boxes to win 200 gold and then the expense of leveling on top of that. Holy sh*t, Batman, Glu is really socking it to us and the sheeple are gladly spending their hard earned dollars. Not to mention the game ate up an entire weekend of time.

I'm not judging here - I've spent my share of $ and time on the game and there are far worse things to throw money at. At some point, something has to give, though. At some point Glu has to make it actually worth throwing money at. 

Went on a tangent there.... LOL
    *rant over*
  • Options
    ID7ID7 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Do they allow pitchers to bat in 17? Otherwise they have Bumgarner as a switch pitcher.
  • Options
    @thickage, couldn’t agree more. However this box in ‘17 looks very tempting to even buy gold and then go Fan Reward route. In the very least, you get a LOT of much needed RP, and hopefully a quality Legend in Fan Reward. Maybe even get lucky too! Naw, never mind lol