Buying boxes

SherlockHolmesSherlockHolmes Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
What is the worst streak you have ever had in buying boxes? So far, this week, I am 0 for 42 on the holiday boxes (including the two free achievement boxes). That’s 21k gold spent and zero legends (other than Eric Davis in fan rewards).

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2018
    When they came out with the blue xp Gold Glove Arenado & Perez, I bought at least (lost count) 120 of the AL boxes trying to get Perez. He was supposedly 1 in 40 odds. Ended up getting him later via WOH though.

My current streak is with the WOH boxes. Since late November I have cycled somewhere around 150 times and have not pulled a "good" legend. Meaning, they've had 3 legends and 10 percent odds on getting one of the three. I think I got Baines the week they had LL Trout/Hank and got Gossage the week after when it was LL Votto/Hank. Also got Kaline (machine version) at some point, but he was the "3rd" legend that week, if I recall correctly, it was LL Lindor and some ATG. So, with the top 2 of the 3 legends being 6.67 percent odds. It should be 1 in 15. I have opened 150 and got exactly zilch.

I did open a single Holiday box the other day and got Pesky, so there isn't a total conspiracy theory here yet. :P
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Is there an equal chance of pulling any of the three legends?
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    I went 1-11 on the 50/50 game changer boxes this week and then pulled degrom and Reggie from the holiday boxes on my first shot. It’s a rollercoaster sometimes. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    0-50 on the Nickname boxes a few months ago. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I honestly think its Random as hell....from the game changers boxes I pulled Puig x2 and yesterday I got Andjuar and literally this past weekend somehow I got Legendary Whitey Ford, but prior Nothing for 60 Boxes in a row, I Really think they have a counter of some sort.

Who knows, I cant afford to level up my legend as I have zero LXP so, His Black and White Picture looks cool on my locked inactive pile.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Not not a crazy high number of boxes, but early in the year I went 0-15 on POTM boxes. Considering it’s a 39% chance of pulling a player I was rattled.
  • SherlockHolmesSherlockHolmes Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Is there an equal chance of pulling any of the three legends?
    That’s a great question that I doubt you’ll get a clear answer on from GLU. I cleared WoH 8 times one day and waited to open all the boxes at the end. Still didn’t pull a single Legend. 
  • cuseorangecuseorange Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    0-26 and it hurt...
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I once went 0-50 before i stopped counting if i had to guess i probably opened 20 more boxes after that until i pulled someone who i could barely use but at least it was something... i dont believe in any of the odds.. in my opinion pulls are streaky.. i pulled 3 legends a few weeks back. And decent ones at that. Cool hair damon, penguin and i forgot who else. Before that i had gone over a month without one.
  • SherlockHolmesSherlockHolmes Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    After this weekend, I’m now 0 for 48... not a single player... not even a crappy one from a box.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    jpuck6190 said:
    I once went 0-50 before i stopped counting if i had to guess i probably opened 20 more boxes after that until i pulled someone who i could barely use but at least it was something... i dont believe in any of the odds.. in my opinion pulls are streaky.. i pulled 3 legends a few weeks back. And decent ones at that. Cool hair damon, penguin and i forgot who else. Before that i had gone over a month without one.
    I agree 100% about them being streaky. I opened 100 tournament boxes this weekend to check and see. I got 7 franchise coins in a row at one point (27% odds), but as you can see it does even out somewhat over time