Weekend cvc

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
edited December 2018 in General TSB Discussion
I have the cvc subscription and will be cancelling it if this is what we are getting to. 0 premium XP boxes and the “pumped up rewards” are only for the top clubs. Our club normally finishes 100-250 and those rewards haven’t changed 

Edit: 2/4 rounds on Thursday I spent more than 500 gold on a single match to get the XP boxes. So there really is no reason to spend gold on cvc this weekend. I believe this is being done to try to limit those who have their own diamond club as some have.  But I’m in a full club and the only boost for our club is an extra thousand prime XP for a win. This is a huge step backwards in my opinion 

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I was about to post the same. Very disappointing.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Yeah was looking forward to cvc now just hoping get lucky in one of these boxes and pull mantle or votto
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Yeah was looking forward to cvc now just hoping get lucky in one of these boxes and pull mantle or votto
    I don’t know how many do this, but I’m sure some go hunting for the cvc bonus players. How many will do that now?
    My plan for cvc this weekend is now this simple. I’m gonna autoplay 6 entries without gold and manually play the other 3. At worst I’ll break even. 
    Most would agree that games are more fun when more people are engaged. Oh well. Good luck to those who are part of the .1% of clubs that will play hard.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I know a lot of clubs allow different teams to take the MVP and high round rewards to spread the wealth for the entire club. This is a clear move to make the top clubs happy, but the majority of clubs/teams are being hurt by this move. Not sure why they couldn’t increase the final club rewards and still give the same MVP/high round rewards. Unless you are in a top 25 CVC club, the final rewards aren’t much better anyway.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    We have one guy in club who wins EVERY cvc.  He doent have the highest rated team.  Kinda un fair for him to be pulling all these boxes for  just hitting auto play.  I like the change. 
    @Probodybuilder So this change helps you? Does it make you want to play more CvC?
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I win probably 75% of mvps in my current club and won nearly all of them in my previous club this is a bit of a nerf to me, however maybe as a club we won’t try to artificially hold the score down as much trying to avoid unfavorable matchups.  I’d rather them left the individual rewards the same while increasing end of season rewards (our club hovers in the 200-300 range overall on average so our end of season won’t change)
    @dfbb No. wont help me. In fact it will hurt one of my teams. And it wont make me want to play cvc more.  But i didnt want to play it before. It will help me to be less butt hurt tho. If you have the best team in a club. You should at least be aboe to compete. Its an auto play tourney. Junk it all together and id be happy. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This honestly makes me want to play less if at all this weekend cvc wise.   I’m not even sure I can justify spending 5K blue cash to sim an entry for these rewards
  • GoJays61GoJays61 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    Rich ger richer... that's no sense !!!! Glu have the worst development team ever !!!!!
    My Club never finish top 100 so ... same reward for us and i'm the one who often win the High Round and Mvp ..... so for me this change really really hurt me !!! 
    They change the rules and the rewards like they want .... GLU IS A BAND OF THIEVES !!!!
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Not sure why anyone would be in favor of a change that makes them want to play the game less. Leave your club if you aren’t happy that the same guy wins all the time. Or talk as a club about spreading out the rewards once in a while. 

I tbink there will be a big drop off in CVC participation this weekend from clubs outside the top 25 in CVC. I won’t be spending any resources to play or improve my score. 

But if CVC was never something you liked, then I can see why you wouldn’t mind the change.
    This honestly makes me want to play less if at all this weekend cvc wise.   I’m not even sure I can justify spending 5K blue cash to sim an entry for these rewards
    Hard to justify it for sure. This feels like Glu is trying to put some toothpaste back in the tube. Maybe they thought they were giving away XP too easily. Hopefully this is a one weekend deal like other experiments they have tried. I already cancelled the cvc subscription 
    @rmouse511 Leaving the club wouldnt help.  Im a 132k gold team.  Guys with 70k teams out score me. Cvc performance doesnt improve no matter what players i get.   Yet my silver team 90k score over a million at times.  Makes no sense.  
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    As someone who never wins MVP or high round, I don’t like this change. Best case scenario I’ll get an extra 9,000 PXP, but the top guys in the club will be unhappy and less willing to play and carry the club
    As someone who never wins MVP or high round, I don’t like this change. Best case scenario I’ll get an extra 9,000 PXP, but the top guys in the club will be unhappy and less willing to play and carry the club
    This is kind of me, but there is a small difference. The usual rewards make spending the gold worth it to me.  So I’ll happily carry the club and spend more than they do because of the rewards I am able to get (not always and sometimes I’ll let others win the rewards if possible). I view that as a win-win for me and the club. Spending 50 gold for a 45% hitting boost and 40 gold for a X400 starting multiplier adds up over entries and matches, but it is what I have to do to put up big numbers. 6 entries of that and I could have bought the boxes guaranteed 
    CvC rewards are currently the same for diamond and platinum clubs....smh!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The intent is clear, GLU wants clubs to stop strategically slow playing early rounds to gain better matchups and just go all out for all 10 rounds.  Since the improved club rewards really don't benefit any team outside the top 50, most of which are already going all out, I doubt it will work.  

The only net result is that the rich get richer and the best clubs will benefit, and the TSB "middle class" lose out on what used to be very good CvsC round rewards.  Going from 4000 to 5000 PXP is a big fat nothing burger difference to most diamond club teams.  If you want to actually improve the club rewards well enough to offset the loss in MVP and high round rewards, give PXP for Platinum clubs and LXP for Diamond clubs.
    LXP would be nice, but I also need PXP too. Make the club win reward 1 premium XP box and you would have a chance at either with a win