New year's Eve WoH: I need a drink. Lol

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    finally got him with LL Trout - had to take his skills up to 19/19 though - before that nothing but curves and sliders
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited December 2018
    DFBB said:
    @soxfan What do u have his skills at? Did you boost? I have the LL trout at 20/20 and I used the 80 gold boost. 2 for 3 so far.
    I have BF Harper at diamond 10, used the 80 gold boost, both skills at 16% (61% boost all things combined), and have 0 chance. 3 tries and leadoff hitter on once. Then all junk. Made it to 6-4 one time after a 3-run blast and that was it

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    What is Marcichals skill other than late innings?

• Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Yeah my team is significantly improved from last week and can’t get to 5-10 to save my life. After cycling five times last week. Not impressed. 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    videos not working on 5.10 makes for a lot of frustration. Though I don't think Eddie Mathews is gonna do it for me today... 5 trips to the dish and same result every time. Score 4 runs and then get nothing hittable again. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    #offerteddynow 
    Sure would be nice to buy him now and use him to beat todays WoH… 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Wow @Bigpredfan. You just dashed any idea I had for diamond. I want to say it's just bad luck, but dang. Sorry man.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Wow @Bigpredfan. You just dashed any idea I had for diamond. I want to say it's just bad luck, but dang. Sorry man.
    I’m hoping it’s just the old harder in the middle of the day thing. My issue is to cycle, I have to unlock For 5-9 and 5-10. So it can get costly. I don’t see a real reward for me to chase and the bonus player isn’t even available, so I’ll call it a day and play bonus games
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Glu wants us to buy Baez and TW coming up.  Hard as hell right now.  Got thru with holiday Trout on 5.10 but am lost in the sauce ATM.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    You would think LL Votto would match up well with DeGrom.  Nope, he's destroying me.
    bigvivec said:
    Glu wants us to buy Baez and TW coming up.  Hard as hell right now.  Got thru with holiday Trout on 5.10 but am lost in the sauce ATM.
    Of course they do. Baez is a yes for me, but I can’t level up another legend. After Baez I’m gonna have to just roll with what I have 
    Today is really pissing me off.  A fully leveled up, double boosted LL Altuve should destroy Langston on 5-8.  Not get 3 unhittable pitch ABs.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited December 2018
    @Wicked0Wildcats - Votto was a disaster against Grom for me also - I used LL Trout - but then have to unlock him for 5.10

I'm using Votto for Verlander
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Glu has managed ensure that WOH joy is reserved only for idle, rich, nerds, and hackers, once again. Rest assured

took several tries to get to marichal. Took six tries with mantle boost 80 to give up. 
    im 0-6
    3 times with boggs 3 times with acuna
    last week i didn't even make it to 5-10 but now im still undecided whether boggs or acuna is better for 5.10
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Glu has managed ensure that WOH joy is reserved only for idle, rich, nerds, and hackers, once again. 

took several tries to get to marichal. Took six tries with mantle boost 80 to give up. 
    Im 2 of those 4
    verlander seems a lot easier as of rn.. langston is about the same
    degrom is suddenly so hard uGHIUEHUIFJAOWDJWADJAWOD
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’m 6-6 against marichel with bf yelich and only have his skills to 14. 1 Gibson, 4 zobrists, and a choo
    0-8 against marichal about to cry :(
    benny100 said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats - Votto was a disaster against Grom for me also - I used LL Trout - but then have to unlock him for 5.10

I'm using Votto for Verlander
    @benny100
    Earlier I was doing the video boost with LL Votto against DeGrom.  The last 2 times I did no boost and he didn't even record an out against my LL Votto both times.

Sometimes it just seems beyond explanation.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Used 1 restart with BF Harper early on and got past Maricial. Happy to get Encarnacion with those double late innings and regXP. I am thrilled, actually. It’s been my experience that around 12pm PST, WoH gets multitudes harder, so not gonna try after reading previous posts
    I'm 0 for 6 against Marichal.  2 with LL Votto,  4 with Mantle.  Every single time I have brought the winning run to the plate,  and I took him to extras once (ironically the only time I didn't gold boost.)

Without fail, when I get the winning run to the plate, he puts the clamps down and throws nothing hittable.

Today is the reason people decide to quit this game.
    I'm 0 for 6 against Marichal.  2 with LL Votto,  4 with Mantle.  Every single time I have brought the winning run to the plate,  and I took him to extras once (ironically the only time I didn't gold boost.)

Without fail, when I get the winning run to the plate, he puts the clamps down and throws nothing hittable.

Today is the reason people decide to quit this game.
    Until people say it has been easier, I am done with woh. I’ll stick to bonus games and prime events. Sucks as I have been able to beat it here recently. 

Glu has to know that at some point, people do get tired of chasing (new players, harder levels, etc). I’m tired of chasing and will just not use gold anymore for woh to unlock players or buy boosts as I firmly believe a 490 maxed out player with a 61% boost should be able to do it within 5 tries as I’ve had today. 
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Before 1pm i was 3-3 since Im 4-9 against marichal. BF yelich boosted every try. Using BF harper/verlander BF trout/langston and BF yelich/degrom.  Teddy will make it easier just picked him up.
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    not even gonna try after all these comments. hunting bonus games 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    The biggest disappointment in today’s event i think is the legend carter that was out earlier this season is forgotten and left on the back burner!!    I don’t have him myself but club mates do and I feel for them!!   Back to previous topics about reuse old players for bonus with new ones!!!    This is prime example of that.  The blue jays not good right now and I believe he may be the only blue jay legend released in game until today , so when will those players ever get the rewards of a bonus for him?   
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I bought teddy, he beat marichal twice with no outs. Zobrust twice (tenth time from woh). Happy with the xp.
    @DFBB Both skills on my Harper are at 13. It was like the mid-day usual curve parade came early for me. Haven't lost a round since gettin ted. His stats are stupid high for platinum, even with his skills only at 13
    Have atg's gone up yet? The Gibson in the box hasn't yet.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have 4 wins in 10 tries, I’m either getting 8 hits and winning or not really getting close, I got EE which is a slight upgrade over OBP Votto and he costs less than half the evo (62 vs 186).  Other than that Zobrist twice and Choo once.  I’m using LL Trout with his skills at 11/11 with 80 gold boost.
    HOLIDAY BOGGS OR BF ACUNA