App keeps crashing randomly.

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
When I start it up, it immediately crashes. The 'fix' has been to restart the phone and that works about 25% of the time. It's quite annoying. Short of a fresh install, anyone know of a solution? TIA.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Mine crashed a lot tonight. With about 45-15 minutes left in the event while I was running through some bonus games. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Well, it's been about 12 minutes now and I can't get on. Ugh. This is so frustrating. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Same for me - I had to reinstall app- working now so far
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Wasafe crashing after I’d chosen a   Playplayer during WOH....come back and I’d still be at the same place but the player I had just chosen would be “used”.  
  • MikesRangersMikesRangers Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I wish complaining would get something done, but they clearly don’t care about their customers. It how they get more money from their customers. If they care they would fix the APP.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I think it is tied to the double videos and ensuing bandwidth volume esp on holiday weekends when everyone is on.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    You might have finally tilted the game..lol...hope it’s working now
    It's still happening off and on and I see others elsewhere having similar issues too. *sigh*
  • KingWilfredKingWilfred Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Still happening to me, ever since last night.  I think I've managed to get on once in like 50 tries. 
    Leader of Chopper2Hopper
  • Tspeakman17Tspeakman17 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    This happened to me for about 30 minutes last night. I tried restarting my phones several times and it never worked. Finally I shut off my wifi connection and it let me connect. Not sure if ghat was a coincidence or not.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Yeah last night I couldn't get credit for my entries on CVC for the 7:00 hour to save my life. I would play, the continue screen would pop up, I'd say no, then the spinning wheel of death would go round and round. Ended up not getting the 4K PXP I would have earned. Hopefully CS will come through.
  • BookofeliBookofeli Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Just sign in without wifi and connect to wifi when your logged in. For whatever reason it's crashing immediately after logging in with wifi 
  • cuseorangecuseorange Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Been happening all this week...heard just android users?
  • crisis1290crisis1290 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Been happening all this week...heard just android users?
    Happening all week for me and I'm an Apple user
  • KingWilfredKingWilfred Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Bookofeli said:
    Just sign in without wifi and connect to wifi when your logged in. For whatever reason it's crashing immediately after logging in with wifi 
    Thanks for this, it does indeed work, at least for me!  Android user BTW. 
    Leader of Chopper2Hopper
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work all of the time. I still have issues whether I'm on wifi or 4g. *sigh*
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I notice that game starts to lag real bad before it crashes usually while I am playing an actual game not auto playing kinda gets real jumpy and when you try to swing the bat the batter doesn't swing but the ball is still moving or disappears and then it crashes. I usually force close the app before it crashes and re launch it and it usually works 40-50% of the time for me but if it continues I usually clear my phone's cache and the cookies from my browser and that'll work sometimes too but sometimes no matter what I do the game will act like a b@#$&. So I will try the .wifi tthing
  • Owen2446Owen2446 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I've had this issue as well. I am on android and it has gotten so bad that I would try to get on the app atleast 30 times and it crashed every single time. I sent in a ticket explaining what I tried and if they could help and they gave me nothing. I have had better luck disabling my wifi to start the game and then enable my wifi once I got on the app.
    Don't create a ticket Glu will not own up to any responsibility for game crashing. It'll be a frustration and a waste of time to you. They will always right down the line no matter how many people having issues with the game crashing will say it's our fault, our device our Wi-Fi, our connection. I don't know but if three quarters of all players are complaining about the same issue it doesn't sound like a player issue 🤔
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    @Toughthundercats glu is retarded so you can't expect much.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I decided to do a factory reset of my tablet and just reinstall the bare minimum stuff plus tsb of course. Has made things waaaaay worse, mimicking many of the comments above and mire. It's incredibly time consuming and frustrating to accomplish so little in woh because you're fighting the device and app most of the time, nursing it along with apps to clean and boost when you start noticing danger. In my case I think if I was able to upgrade the operating software, things would improve, but alas thats not possible unless I try a rooting method..... sigh
    It's all done with mirrors
    @Sandpipers I don't think upgradeing would fix the problems. I have a friend that works for a contractor for the government doing all kinds of super secret squirrel stuff in cyber security and he played this game on his Android 9 pixel and he had lag issues and the game crashed a couple times. He said it was a coding issue.  All other apps he's used or played that have top heavy graphics and uses ads that are also top heavy don't crash or very seldomly crash or causes his phone to lag. It's just a quick push to get the game out by opening day and then deal with issues later but sometimes the issues can't be fixed with updates especially when the game is already resource heavy to begin with and Glu is continually adding more resource heavy additions to an app that seems to barely support it because it hasn't been coded properly. I myself haven't come across another app or game that has behaved like this game. It's atrocious plain and simple! 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Was force learning to live with crashing/freezing issues as part of the game like inclement weather. Now tonight it’s just randomly crashing when changing tabs/screens. Besides hair pulling WOH crashes, like when simply loading next batter seemingly always on 5.8,9,10 or on a video replay always saved for final pitcher, it’s now crashing simply leveling up players. Crazy and not worth writing another in game ticket to hear same canned answers and apologies from Glu. A year in and buggier than 2017 for sure. Hope these “genius” developers just create a stable platform for 2019. Great basic game, yet infuriating lack of transparency and accountability. 
    Thx @Toughthundercats for that heads up... I’m completely in agreement about the coding issues and the rushing of their work. I was mostly fine until 2 or 3 updates ago and then life got difficult. I didn’t anticipate that I could somehow make things worse by clearing all the junk off my device and starting fresh however. I recently picked up two new devices (android phone and iPad 6) and TSB performs very well on both, crashing a minimal of times and btw have no issues getting videos. Anyway it is what it is and I’ll try the update anyway, hoping for a miracle lol
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I've been experiencing it since I got a new phone. It's a OnePlus 6t and they have their own flavor of Android OS called Oxygen so I had wondered if that was the issue.  I guess not with so many folks having the same issue.
    edited January 2019
    @Sandpipers I'm glad it works with new devices but be wary though because even if you clear out the data from the game itself or uninstall the game and then restart/reboot on your old device and then reinstall the game and then restart/reboot your device again the game will do fine for a while but because the game is so resource heavy on the front end it will eventually catch up with your device and use up all your RAM. So it'll more and likely eventually do the same with your new, clean, pristine devices. This game is a RAM hog doesn't matter how much RAM you have it'll eventually eat it up and the game will start crashing. 
    Absolutely @Toughthundercats as I’m constantly clearing memory to be able to keep playing and hopefully prevent a crash mid game. Currently the worst part of the problem is playing using wifi...so unstable and when pop ups arrive or videos are attempted, 95% chance of crash or freeze. Being on data greatly reduces these issues, other than the RAM devouring, or having data turned on with wifi...but of course some of us suffer from poor data plans... I sure hope they’re working on some of these issues so that we can just be frustrated with all the other in game stuff lol
    @Sandpipers I agree with you on that. I am blessed enough that my company I work for gives me a device with virtually unlimited data but where I live even though it's 4G LTE it's not very strong so I have to use wifi most of the time but when I'm out and about with better strength you are right the game is more stable. I'm with you I hope next year's version will more stable especially with wifi and won't be as RAM hungry. 
    The issue appears to be fixed. I hope others can say the same too.
    From my end @DFBB the issue has improved but still does the same things, just a little less of it. I find the videos put out by Cross Install are the majority of the problem, even using data.