Diamond Playoff Rewards

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
Hello all,
I am currently 5 games away from leaving the Platinum Division, and wanted to know is it worth it rewards wise to move out of platinum? Does anyone at all have a breakdown of each Diamond reward levels?

Comments

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    if you xan cycle woh. stay put. if you need evo go ahead. you're not going to be competitive for a while except in tournaments and bonus games but the gold and evo is the perk. i went diamond around Halloween and im just now getting close to cycling woh
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Thanks for this! No I cannot cycle and never have been able too lol
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    if you cant and dont have the desire to right now. definitely go diamond 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    rmouse511 said:

That’s good to see. Hopefully you fly through and get to diamond 6 and get that evo over and over
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Looking at that makes we wanna go diamond haha. I like WOH too much though. But, if they don't fix that (WOH) then..... hmm 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Looking at that makes we wanna go diamond haha. I like WOH too much though. But, if they don't fix that (WOH) then..... hmm 
    WOH being too hard is why I went diamond when I did. I was struggling to beat it and didn’t want to spend gold on restarts, so I went from gold to diamond in 8 days. I have yet to regret it
    I made the jump to Diamond yesterday. I am looking forward to a different challenge than just trying to cycle WOH. Platinum is super expensive to level new players up. With so many new players available each week, it is almost impossible to keep up. I am going to focus on my current players and level them up as much as I can. Hopefully I will be able to beat WOH at the diamond level before the new version comes out.

I highly encourage guys who are burned out on WOH to consider the jump to Diamond. Give yourself a new challenge.
    @Bigpredfan @rmouse511 what do you find enjoyable / fun at Diamond? I would also be concerned that I couldn't level up bonus players and score points for my club.
    edited January 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY  I enjoy the challenge of leveling up a whole team. I love plowing through bonus games and winning 94% of them. Tournaments are also fun. I cycle diamond 6 quite often (just did for the 3rd time in the last 8 days) and love not having to buy gold or watch videos to have gold. 

I made the move because I was honestly bored.  I love leveling up the team constantly. Is it for everyone?  No. But I love it. 

I get a game changer every week and leave them at gold 10. That makes Thursday more fun for me. Used to get them for cvc, but I’m not spending gold on cvc anymore since they removed the premium XP boxes. Those helped me so much. 

Edit: with Didi as a game changer at gold 10 and 1 Cincy batter, I did 21 mil in 200 wins today at diamond. 

Also those achievements that that seem impossible become possible. I have hit several of them and am hitting a few for the 2nd time now about to have a player with 25,000 doubles 
    @Bigpredfan nice, that helps out as far as leveling bonus guys. The prospect of about 20,000 gold per week sounds kind of fun. Who doesn't like to spend gold? Ha.
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @bigpredfan @JEDDDOGGY my questions becomes: if EVO and Gold are no issue, where do you get enough XP?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY  I enjoy the challenge of leveling up a whole team. I love plowing through bonus games and winning 94% of them. Tournaments are also fun. I cycle diamond 6 quite often (just did for the 3rd time in the last 8 days) and love not having to buy gold or watch videos to have gold. 

I made the move because I was honestly bored.  I love leveling up the team constantly. Is it for everyone?  No. But I love it. 

I get a game changer every week and leave them at gold 10. That makes Thursday more fun for me. Used to get them for cvc, but I’m not spending gold on cvc anymore since they removed the premium XP boxes. Those helped me so much. 

Edit: with Didi as a game changer at gold 10 and 1 Cincy batter, I did 21 mil in 200 wins today at diamond. 

Also those achievements that that seem impossible become possible. I have hit several of them and am hitting a few for the 2nd time now about to have a player with 25,000 doubles 
    So once you get past Diamond 6, it resets and you can get the gold and Evo again? How many games is it to pass?
    @navyjack77 yes I get diamond 6 over and over and it takes 1000 division wins. 

@nym5fan the XP is the fun part. Blue XP guys are huge. Rough estimates are 110K blue XP to get to diamond for a new guy, 288K prime/legend XP for those guys. How many unopened picks do you have saved up that are “worthless”. I don’t have any unopened picks except late round picks because a guy said he had better luck on box pulls after opening late round picks. I only have BF Harper capped in diamond. In diamond I pick and choose who to level up. All prime XP for example is for the new 510 Baez (will be diamond 1 tomorrow). I don’t have any XP stashes currently. I’m working on 1 Legend and 1 prime exclusively. Trying to decide who gets my blue XP next after a couple of skills for some players. 
    @navyjack77 yes I get diamond 6 over and over and it takes 1000 division wins. 

@nym5fan the XP is the fun part. Blue XP guys are huge. Rough estimates are 110K blue XP to get to diamond for a new guy, 288K prime/legend XP for those guys. How many unopened picks do you have saved up that are “worthless”. I don’t have any unopened picks except late round picks because a guy said he had better luck on box pulls after opening late round picks. I only have BF Harper capped in diamond. In diamond I pick and choose who to level up. All prime XP for example is for the new 510 Baez (will be diamond 1 tomorrow). I don’t have any XP stashes currently. I’m working on 1 Legend and 1 prime exclusively. Trying to decide who gets my blue XP next after a couple of skills for some players. 
    Have you found any correlation to be accurate with this late round DP before opening a box for better pulls?
    @nym5fan it’s hard to say. Last weekend I had 4 bonus players, but the odds also increased. I only bought 6 boxes (got 2 players) and got 2 from freebies. 

I dont really ever level up weekend players. I just use them at bronze 1 for the most part. Occasionally take a blue XP player to silver 10. But it’s still somewhat effective at bronze 1 from time to time. 
    @nym5fan it’s hard to say. Last weekend I had 4 bonus players, but the odds also increased. I only bought 6 boxes (got 2 players) and got 2 from freebies. 

I dont really ever level up weekend players. I just use them at bronze 1 for the most part. Occasionally take a blue XP player to silver 10. But it’s still somewhat effective at bronze 1 from time to time. 
    so you open 1 late round dp then a box? or you open multiple late round dp's then a box? 4 for 6 is pretty good considering guys are opening 10, 20, 30 even 40+ with no luck. 
    nym5fan said:

so you open 1 late round dp then a box? or you open multiple late round dp's then a box? 4 for 6 is pretty good considering guys are opening 10, 20, 30 even 40+ with no luck. 
    I bought 6. Opened roughly 15 with some free boxes along the way. I typically open 25-30 late round picks and then try my luck. I actually watch the picks though. If I’m getting 2-star players I’ll keep going. I want a string of 1-star guys before boxes 
    interesting. Thanks @Bigpredfan you can bet i'll give this a try and let you know how it turns out for me. 
    is there a particular number in the string of 1 star guys your trying to reach before opening the box @Bigpredfan? like 10 1-star players then open the box?
    Just looking for a few. Looking to play into the odds.  I have no real idea if it works or not, but it literally costs me nothing to try. Looking for the higher odds and then switching hoping a string of higher odds kinda carry over and I get the smaller odds. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Diamond is the way to go. I've pulled legends Hunter, Banks, Mantle and now Davis in the past month and didn't spend a dime doing so. I consider it to be payoff for my hard work. 
    I just got my team to Diamond, so I don’t have as much experience or advice as others. All I know is that every resource becomes useful...even franchise coins!

i plan on gettting Game Changers to use on Tuesday and Thursday to help my club. Blue XP guys are extremely valuable (especially is they have two skills or have a rating of 435 or higher). 

You have to be ok with not cycling WOH...at least not right away. Not all guys have to be at Diamond 10 to be successful in events. You do have to be picky with who you level up past Platinum. Primes and legends are super expensive to level up, so I am only focused on a few of those to bring past platinum.

For me it is a new challenge to make the game fresh again and enjoyable the last few months. My favorite part is building my team. It reminds me of what it is like when I first created my team and started to build it up. I am grinding for resources and have to be selective with how I use them. Playing bonus and tournament games gives me a constant flow of resources to use to build my team and help my club.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Thanks everyone appreciate the feedback and advice! I actually went to Diamond just now and like some have said it’s kinda refreshing!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    'Grat and GL @slafrance2!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.