WOH Curves

AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
I was completely stuck on Marichal both Monday and today. I had a Max gold Pesky(269) with rhp boost and max gold boost brought him to 368. All Marichal threw were curves. Does anyone have advice on how to hit those curves? Swing early? Late? Even when I get good wood it's a deep fly to a player in perfect position. Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    You cant hit them 
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Ted Williams boosted 80 g to 460 rather than pesky at 368 is the answer 
  • AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I don't have Ted but do have mantle. Just have to be patient and work on the Evo to gold it seems. Thanks for the advice
  • rreedyrreedy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I have never had a base hit on a curveball that wasn’t thrown to the middle of the plate.  In fact, I have never had a base hit on any pitch that wasn’t thrown to the middle of the plate.  Corner pitches, even fastballs and curveballs can’t be hit for anything other than outs.  Had a few similar at bats, hit a bloop single into the outfield where the fielder doesn’t even care about the baseball on fastball down the middle.  Same situation with fastball on corner, infielder runs like it is game 7 of the World Series to catch the same ball.  Same thing lining the ball to opposite field, fastball is a double and curveball is caught.  You can get hits on curveballs, as long as they are thrown over the middle of the plate.  Now for the real problem that seems to be popular right now.  You can start that round 10, level 5 with a 6-1 deficit and not get one of those pitches I mentioned above until you already have 2 outs.  So, this is already determined elsewhere that you are going to start off in a huge hole and then maybe you get a few hits and have the tying or go ahead run on base, then right back to the unhittable pitches again.  This is total crap and unfair. I did beat it today and the first time through I had to spend about 2k gold.  I paid for the opportunity to beat it, not paid to beat it because I think I still had 2 outs before it was decided that fastballs would be thrown.  Then I spent another 2k or so trying to beat it again because a club member was rolling through it over and over and said it was easy today.  So some people are getting more opportunities to win than others.  This is a HUGE problem.  So, I had 5k gold to start the day and when the event ended, I was down to 94.  At least I got Ramos...  anyone pissed off avout this has every right to be as they are being lied to and not being given the same chances as others.  Granted, the game is only like 1% skill and the rest is just Glu randomly generated chances to win which we all know their odds don’t match what they say they do.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I’m as guilty as the next guy regarding the following: many of us seem to quite aware that the outcome of each round is predetermined, that what happens is done through RNG and therefore  our personal gaming skills are not as important to outcomes as we’d like, and yet we simultaneously talk about how to hit curves and get so frustrated when we hit fastballs that float like wiffel balls, etc. Now we certainly have to know when to swing, as much as knowing what pitches to swing at, but assuming we have those two things figured out, the rest is RNG. So how do we improve results? Batter/pitcher matchups, leveling capped, skills leveled as high as possible, using boosts, righty vs lefty and being aware of pitcher skills sometimes. I have learned from others who have been successful and although I have resources issues to get things where I need them to be, the concept is solid.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • rreedyrreedy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I have Baines capped at gold with 12% RHP skill and 10% RISP.  I understand the concept but I used to be able to make it to round 10 with much less and even beat it once with someone who wasn’t capped or had any skills.  The players I used to run through pitchers with are now useless in the same situations.  That hasn’t been explained.  My point is that I am not being given even a small chance of success in 95% of the attempts I make at beating this WOH.  The only way to beat it is by spending gold and I proved today how costly that can be for minimal rewards.  Spent a good amount Monday and beat it twice and didn’t get a single player that would help as a bonus for this week yet.  

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Marichal was a righty with Late and LHB skills. A solid righty may have gotten the job done (e.g. Trout w RHP skill). I used BF Yelich and Holiday Teddy. Ted had one round with no outs and got the job done but the other 5 cycles needed video restarts. 
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    AIC_76 said:
    I don't have Ted but do have mantle. Just have to be patient and work on the Evo to gold it seems. Thanks for the advice
    I have Ted and Mantle.  You cant hit the curves at 5-10.  At least  not yesterday.  My skills are 13-15 on those guys.  Maybe if increased...
  • deshaldyldeshaldyl Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Just close your eyes and take a big whack at it.... Lol
    HRS4YESHUA
  • GoJays61GoJays61 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts