Options

Say What Triple Play?

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
I just had the wierdest play.  Mike Schmidt up 3-9 Rizzo. Line drive to third base, 1 out, throws to first, two outs, throws back to third, no one is covering third and the ball rolls into the outfield and the screen says line drive triple play?

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I just had the wierdest play.  Mike Schmidt up 3-9 Rizzo. Line drive to third base, 1 out, throws to first, two outs, throws back to third, no one is covering third and the ball rolls into the outfield and the screen says line drive triple play?
    It's one of those rare "didn't happen the way it was supposed to happen so too bad for you " plays.  Had one myself months ago where a popup that was 'supposed to be' caught dropped out of the reach of the fielder in play, and no one retrieved it so I just had to eventually quit.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve had balls up there line drop into foul territory a few times and no one bothers to get it and the game just sits idle till you hard restart.
  • Options
    CHITOWNBOMBER50CHITOWNBOMBER50 Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I always love the foul ball that goes into the first few rows but the fielder somehow goes through the wall and makes the catch 😁
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I love how the corner outfielders are always standing flat-footed on the warning track in the gap to grab the can of corn off one of my rocket line drives that should be an easy double if we were playing an actual game that made sense baseball-wise.
  • Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Or how about when, after you get struck out back to back, the opposing team gets a "pitch calling upgraded to." Yeah like that's hard to call. I picture it going something like this: "Derrrr pitcher boss! Throw that pitch that no one can hit because it's not a strike but it's called strike! Derrrrr!"
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Babybombers9 yeah! I always thought that was bullcrap... how come they can upgrade their team in the middle of the game???? LOL
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I also find it weird that they can walk through the bullpen wall and catch a ball out of play and its still an out.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I also find it weird that they can walk through the bullpen wall and catch a ball out of play and its still an out.
    had that happen on 5.10 on Monday lmao. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Triple play on 5 10 always sucks, tie game no outs, you're going to win woh and triple play
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    My all time favourite occurred last week... popup towards the dugout, someone (assume the 1st baseman) comes flying in, catches the ball on the run, right into the dugout and disappears,  presumably into the tunnel lol
    It's all done with mirrors