Options

VIP Gift

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
I don’t remember if it came out Thursday last month but what gives today? 

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I’ve received it as late as Friday around 7 eastern back in July
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I received it around midnight or 1am going into the Friday last time.   Eastern Time Zone.  It was crazy waiting all day Thursday and then it came after midnight.  
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah nothing yet here.
  • Options
    That’s bc they’re reading these threads and adjusting the gift lol I just know it!  😂
  • Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    probably backed up because of the holiday 
  • Options
    mewing40mewing40 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Should be in next couple of hours 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The December Newsletter arrived around 1:30pm Friday afternoon Pacific Time (the 7th) so would assume both gift and email will arrive today in a similar fashion....gift arriving earlier.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Last month I got the gift shortly after midnight (so just as the calendar flipped to Friday) and then the newsletter came in the middle of the day or thereabouts.

Eager to see what goodies they have for us!
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    probably backed up because of the holiday 
    ...because of the Holiday Ted Williams that they are putting in everyone's box  :D
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    x10 MVP boxes?! sigh.
    I pulled the same 2 game changers that I just got done trading in a week ago and some xp.
    Ugh.
  • Options
    @LudwigMonster how did you pull game changers from the MVP boxes?
  • Options
    I pulled Mickey Mantle on the VIP boxes. Ugh, now I have to trade him in and hope I get him again or fork over several thousand gold to buy his EVO to get him to Gold tier.
  • Options
    XP in all 10 boxes.  Already disappointed to being with that it was MVP boxes.  Damn, damn, damn!
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Very disappointing. Worse than getting ten of this weekends boxes. 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Donaldson, Cutch and Stanton for me. At least I got 3 new players😀
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I got 1 player, or 1887 blue XP in reality. The XP was the real prize for me as I wouldn’t level up a new player unless he was blue XP 
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    3x scrub! Wish they would have thrown some evo in there 
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY
    My bad. They're MVP's but have the same 375 max overall as the game changers. Cutch and Stanton. Boo!
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I also got Donaldson, Mccutchen and Stanton.
    Why the **** would they add 375 players to the vip boxes????
    I doubt any VIP has any use for a 375 player at this point of the game. Even non-VIPs would find those players useless.
    If they were at least bonus players for the weekend, but no. Glu always tries to give away crap in the MVP boxes, except for a couple of players (mantle/yount) that maybe 1 out of 500 people may pull.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If some of those BXP players that we consider crap now would carry over to 19 then they would be worth a lot more at the start of the season. Let's see if GLU gives us any more detail about their previous tease in today's newsletter. Personally I am making sure to keep enough of the "lower" max BXP players to fill an entire roster just in case.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:
    If some of those BXP players that we consider crap now would carry over to 19 then they would be worth a lot more at the start of the season. Let's see if GLU gives us any more detail about their previous tease in today's newsletter. Personally I am making sure to keep enough of the "lower" max BXP players to fill an entire roster just in case.

i'm doing the same thing, to a point where GLU has automatically discarded some of the lower 5* with skills I had, I guess to make room for new players I keep getting.
  • Options
    And oh yeah I opened 5 of them and 2 were XP and the other 3 meh. Keeping the other 5 to open tonight after y'all have opened all of yours and pulled all the crappy players already to reach the crap-given-out-daily quota :grimace: 

• Options
    Houmy said:
    And oh yeah I opened 5 of them and 2 were XP and the other 3 meh. Keeping the other 5 to open tonight after y'all have opened all of yours and pulled all the crappy players already to reach the crap-given-out-daily quota :grimace: 

dude, why didn't you mention that earlier? :D 
    I'm definitively trying that next month (assuming the send us boxes). Just let me know how it goes for you tonight.
    It probably doesn't really make a diff but you never know with GLU. Their RNG is well known for being stupidly unpredictable (in a bad way)  
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I got all xp which is fine, evo is always gonna be a problem for me...wish they would add evo into the platinum tournament boxes instead of first round draft picks and franchise coins
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    6pxp boxes, 2lxp boxes (desperate for), duplicate McCutch and donaldson...typical.... but anyway glad for the 70k lxp, helps alot, or will when I find about 200 Evo lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m not particularly happy with the gift this month. At least give us current boxes. I’ve really slowed on the spending here since the season has wound down, but it seems like one should consider the opposite approach next year. Best bat in the game was available for just 30 dollars a couple weeks ago. Gone are the days I spend hundreds on gold to chase players. 
  • Options
    @tocopan18 I was actually kidding about the odds improving but did pull this guy eventually. Don't need him or anyone else in the box though. 

• Options
    Houmy said:
    @tocopan18 I was actually kidding about the odds improving but did pull this guy eventually. Don't need him or anyone else in the box though. 

I hate you