Was just looking over a few guys

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
This was the LL Lindor I picked up from Monday and he is putting up numbers that well, I’ve seen some of my guys hit .480-.490 through a prime weekend but about half of his play is bonus games/season where you occasionally get pitching with a pulse to come up against.  Just thought I’d share something when I should be sleeping.

Comments

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Yep.  My LL Lindor .574. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Who can guess this living legend?? 😁

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BookofeliBookofeli Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    **** trout
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    This was the LL Lindor I picked up from Monday and he is putting up numbers that well, I’ve seen some of my guys hit .480-.490 through a prime weekend but about half of his play is bonus games/season where you occasionally get pitching with a pulse to come up against.  Just thought I’d share something when I should be sleeping.
    Yep my Lindor has been amazing also. 573 average. 1.779 OPS
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Prime version of Lindor had been great for me so I saved the LXP and traded in the LL version. Believe it or not but my lowest max guy, Mauer, is actually outperforming my ATG and other higher max legends.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Only problem with Prime Linder is he only has 1active skill. My LL Lindor is doing well, however Mauer outperforms all but BF Yelich and Harper. Those dble skill guys-especially vs RHP really dominate!
    @fahhq2 the Lindor skill debate had been brought up before and it's one of those "glass half full...." discussions. LL Lindor would have one or two active skills at some at bats and none at all at others while the Prime version has an active skill at every at bat no matter the situation. It's a trade off I would say.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I know, however I’m always looking for a higher ceiling over everything else-that’s why we continue to chase the higher max guys, right? Plus, unless Lindor bats leadoff, I always have an active skill for LL version😀 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For WoH purposes I treat him (LL Lindor as a RHB).  I have Gallo and LL Trout as potential 5.10 candidates. However in other modes Lindor is hitting 60-70 points higher than everyone else.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    In regards to RISP as a skill, say you start with a runner on second. Obviously the skill is active. But if you hit a homer, is it off for the next batter since obviously the bases are empty? I guess I'm wondering if it's active the entire matchup or not.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    In regards to RISP as a skill, say you start with a runner on second. Obviously the skill is active. But if you hit a homer, is it off for the next batter since obviously the bases are empty? I guess I'm wondering if it's active the entire matchup or not.
    Nobody seems to know.  Its one of those great mysteries and I've yet to see anything comfirming either way from a GLU rep.  They are weirdly cryptic about this which is a bummer because knowing could be helpful to WOH and CvsC strategies.
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Nobody seems to know.  Its one of those great mysteries and I've yet to see anything comfirming either way from a GLU rep.  They are weirdly cryptic about this which is a bummer because knowing could be helpful to WOH and CvsC strategies.
    I play as if the skills are activated and deactivated by each batter situation. Not the beginning situation. I base my approach on noticing that for RISP skill when I do clear the bases, I typically will not have as much pop on the ball or will get more breaking balls than before. Which to me indicates my stats dropped. And soon as I string together a few hits I notice more fastballs and more pop. 

I am a believer that the skills will activate and deactivate during a WoH round. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan
    I agree with you too and also play this way.  I just don't know why they don't come out and tell us yes or no.  Surely they know.

This plays into my WOH strategy frequently.  For example if I am using my double RISP boost Votto, and I have 1st and 3rd with less than 2 out and I'm seeing pitches I know can't be successfully put in play as hits, I will just stand there and take the strikeout, rather than risk hitting a sac fly resulting in no runner at 3rd and losing my RISP boost.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    @nym5fan
    I agree with you too and also play this way.  I just don't know why they don't come out and tell us yes or no.  Surely they know.

This plays into my WOH strategy frequently.  For example if I am using my double RISP boost Votto, and I have 1st and 3rd with less than 2 out and I'm seeing pitches I know can't be successfully put in play as hits, I will just stand there and take the strikeout, rather than risk hitting a sac fly resulting in no runner at 3rd and losing my RISP boost.
    Probably a good strategy regardless of who is batting.  I take a lot more third strikes now than I used to thanks to a comment to the same effect by DFBB and while I can't quantify, am seeing a lot less double plays and that stupid grounder to the mound that the pitcher then throws out the idiot runner from 3b who for some unknown reason decided to try to go home even though there is no runner behind him..........
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    "that stupid grounder to the mound that the pitcher then throws out the idiot runner from 3b who for some unknown reason decided to try to go home even though there is no runner behind him.........."

Please, please, PLEASE Glu eliminate this from the next version. You have a pretty baseball savvy customer base who KNOWS this almost never happens in a game (same with pitcher being able to field that ball in the first place, diving stops/running catches NEVER resulting in an error, and the dumbest looking triple plays you'll ever see). How about rewarding those of us who have invested in the "Base Coach" upgrade by not giving us a total dummy there on the hot corner?
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Once I lined into a triple play . but it was a slow liner and it made no sense, and my players didn't even stop running they just kept going like a bunch of tards.
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Once I lined into a triple play . but it was a slow liner and it made no sense, and my players didn't even stop running they just kept going like a bunch of tards.
    I hit into a triple play and there was nobody at 3rd to get the final out. The throw went into left field but it still counted. Almost as frustrating as a guy teleporting through the fence to catch a foul ball. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I love the varying speed of outfielders. Can be the same outfielder sometimes. One fly ball they Run like Willie Mays Hays. A few hits later they run like Jake Taylor 
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    I love the varying speed of outfielders. Can be the same outfielder sometimes. One fly ball they Run like Willie Mays Hays. A few hits later they run like Jake Taylor 
    And I look like cerrano trying to hit klubers curveball. 
  • EdgarforHOFEdgarforHOF Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    And I look like cerrano trying to hit klubers curveball. 
    It works better if you sacrifice the chicken first!
    @EdgarforHOF I would have guessed you for the guy who ate the chicken (you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?) Instead. You know because you doing what you do in real life ;p

Since I've never seen Him play ball, maybe not but I would take Him on my team! 
    I never could hit that dang thing so stopped at Legion ball.
    BTW, your tag line means that I need to kick you outta the club bro! 
    BTW, your tag line means that I need to kick you outta the club bro! 
    You wanna think about that a bit more and get back to me? Last week you could have but now..... Maybe I should demote YOU for a few days instead?  :grin:

@EdgarforHOF speaking of which. I never saw Edgar being offered and from that glitch a while back where you could get a legend for $1 blue cash we know for a fact that he is out there somewhere. 

Yeah, I remember that now that you mention it. I haven't seen Lofton either, who was a staple the last two years. It looks good for Edgar to get his HOF props this year.
    Glu has taken care of the demotion for you already twice now LOL
    They seem to be into the LHP/RHP double skill guys right now.  

Personally, not a fan.  These are effectively all 1 skill players,  just 2 different versions of a 1 skill player in 1.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    They seem to be into the LHP/RHP double skill guys right now.  

Personally, not a fan.  These are effectively all 1 skill players,  just 2 different versions of a 1 skill player in 1.
    Agree